Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spur gear question

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Spur gear question

I am trying to set up my buggy for some really high speed runs. Problem I am having is that my spur gear has to large of an outer diameter to allow a clutch bell as big as I want to use. SO I was wondering if anyone could help me out some and take a couple measurements for me. I am looking for a spur gear that will fit a diff cup with a 31mm diameter (I know both losi and hot bodies are this size) and also uses a 6mm shaft outdrive. Any help would greatly be appreciated. I was looking at the agama 43t spur and the hyper 9 spur gear they both look smaller but I do not have one to compare it with. So if anyone has one of these cars or know of a small spur gear that will help me out thanks for the info.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroHighSpeed
I am trying to set up my buggy for some really high speed runs. Problem I am having is that my spur gear has to large of an outer diameter to allow a clutch bell as big as I want to use. SO I was wondering if anyone could help me out some and take a couple measurements for me. I am looking for a spur gear that will fit a diff cup with a 31mm diameter (I know both losi and hot bodies are this size) and also uses a 6mm shaft outdrive. Any help would greatly be appreciated. I was looking at the agama 43t spur and the hyper 9 spur gear they both look smaller but I do not have one to compare it with. So if anyone has one of these cars or know of a small spur gear that will help me out thanks for the info.
What car are you working on?
Old 10-30-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Rookie

losi

I want to put a 17t or 18t clutchbell
Not going to run it on a track, just the road and a bashing spot