Old 06-29-2007, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default RB Concept - All RB - Tips, Results, Questions and Info

ALL ABOUT RB Concept!!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

TO get thing started... How often do you change the conrod??
Old 06-29-2007, 08:04 AM
Tech Initiate

How you run in your RB?
Old 06-29-2007, 01:29 PM
FT
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

During my days of using RB engines, I would change the conrod after appox 4 gallons of fuel.

Was too costly for me to maintain a RB. Now I'm doing casual bashings with a simple HoBao engine.

I would go back to RB again only if the maintenance cost was reduced.

Last edited by FT; 06-29-2007 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Im thinking of upgrading my truggy to a .28 TM928 or TM728 with standard backplate. Which will be the more reliable engine? I dont care about power. I just want something that doesnt break down. Also does Hobbylink carry all the spares for these engines, like conrod, piston, sleeve, wrist pin, etc, in case it does break down? Thanks for your replies.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ken4
Im thinking of upgrading my truggy to a .28 TM928 or TM728 with standard backplate. Which will be the more reliable engine? I dont care about power. I just want something that doesnt break down. Also does Hobbylink carry all the spares for these engines, like conrod, piston, sleeve, wrist pin, etc, in case it does break down? Thanks for your replies.
Hey bro! If you are thinking to upgrading to TM728 or TM928, the difference is only the torque and fuel consumption. If power is not the issue, then i think the best one to get is TM728. However i am not so sure if Hobbylink have any TM728 in stock. TM928 is in stock. the price for just the engine is $560. There is a combo set also. Not sure the price. Hobbylink carries all the parts and spare parts for the engine. If it's not available, need t wait for next shipment.

my inputs for you bro...
Old 06-29-2007, 06:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jono mad racer
TO get thing started... How often do you change the conrod??
How do you know it is time to change your conrod?
Old 06-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DFusionX
Hey bro! If you are thinking to upgrading to TM728 or TM928, the difference is only the torque and fuel consumption. If power is not the issue, then i think the best one to get is TM728. However i am not so sure if Hobbylink have any TM728 in stock. TM928 is in stock. the price for just the engine is $560. There is a combo set also. Not sure the price. Hobbylink carries all the parts and spare parts for the engine. If it's not available, need t wait for next shipment.

my inputs for you bro...
i am interested in the TM928, but heard alot of ppl in rb forum saying that its quite hard to get it tuned right? is that true? i am running this on a 2 speed car. is that adviceable to use this engine? i am looking for pick up and speed.

Understand this is a big block engine. the dimension for mounting the big block engine to the chassis is the same right? do we still need to have engine mount?
Old 06-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by xscape
i am interested in the TM928, but heard alot of ppl in rb forum saying that its quite hard to get it tuned right? is that true? i am running this on a 2 speed car. is that adviceable to use this engine? i am looking for pick up and speed.

Understand this is a big block engine. the dimension for mounting the big block engine to the chassis is the same right? do we still need to have engine mount?
Hey Bro!,

TM928 is a good stuff. Though lots of ppl says that its hard to tune, what u can do is to get help from Hobbylink shop owner, Uncle Sam to help you tune the engine. For me, i still ask his help when comes to tuning the engine coz he knows best abt RB engine. TM928 is more suitable for truggies and definitely powerful for its torque and power. If you are using for an on-road car, there are other models o RB that u can ask Uncle Sam to help. The mounting for the engine should be the same. To have an engine mount will be better as it will help your chasis and engine in the long run if u are using it for bashing.

Cheers
Old 06-29-2007, 10:19 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Bro!,

TM928 is a good stuff. Though lots of ppl says that its hard to tune, what u can do is to get help from Hobbylink shop owner, Uncle Sam to help you tune the engine. For me, i still ask his help when comes to tuning the engine coz he knows best abt RB engine. TM928 is more suitable for truggies and definitely powerful for its torque and power. If you are using for an on-road car, there are other models o RB that u can ask Uncle Sam to help. The mounting for the engine should be the same. To have an engine mount will be better as it will help your chasis and engine in the long run if u are using it for bashing.

Cheers
Hi bro,

Thanks for the advice. actually i am wanted to use this engine on my Inferno GT. its a buggy chassis. mine is actually a rally car. http://www.toykar.com.sg/viewprod.php?pid=776

The car come stock with .28 size of engine but i have changed to a Ws7III and use that for around couple of mths. now i want at TM928 in my car. wonder will that be a over kill. hahhaha
Old 06-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have a new RB C6 T7 do i follow the RB manuel for running in as it said.

My worries is that is only 6 tanks full, Enough?

Thank you.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by xscape
Hi bro,

Thanks for the advice. actually i am wanted to use this engine on my Inferno GT. its a buggy chassis. mine is actually a rally car. http://www.toykar.com.sg/viewprod.php?pid=776

The car come stock with .28 size of engine but i have changed to a Ws7III and use that for around couple of mths. now i want at TM928 in my car. wonder will that be a over kill. hahhaha
Yo bro!

Stock .28 engine i believe does not match the power and torque of even RB WS7III. However, i would like to suggest to you that you should try to change the current engine u have WS7III to RB C6BB T7. More torque and forgiving to to the buggy chasis. I am not so sure it TM928 will overkill your car, but unless u want to buy another rc car after that, then it should not be a problem

Try C6BB T7, it should be sufficient for the power and torque u need to bash!

Cheers
Old 06-30-2007, 12:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mambo

I have a new RB C6 T7 do i follow the RB manuel for running in as it said.

My worries is that is only 6 tanks full, Enough?

Thank you.
Yo Mambo,

Nice ride you got there. I suggest that it doesn't really need to be 6 full tank at all. Firstly, the first 2-3 tanks, it is meant for the tuning of the engine. After it got right, you should be able to start playing normally, not bashing yet. After a few re-fuelling, the engine will be fully run in for performance.

Enjoy!
Old 06-30-2007, 12:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Running it rich is already so powerful
Old 06-30-2007, 02:29 AM
Tech Regular

my inputs for you bro...
Thanks for your advice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.