Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A. >

2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 08:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

This was a very fun race, thanks Myron for putting this together. I can't wait until next year. Also, if anyone is interested in a very fast X-ray T3 2011 converted to a 2012 VTA car. Check out this link.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...2-hop-ups.html
Old 09-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trytowin
No need to limit entries to 80, there were 6 - 8 spots open in the dirt room.
Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
Yeah why the lower limit? There was still open pit spots

Oh....and get it on RCSignup
Aardvark.....I can say random stuff too lol jk

Didnt we have more then 80 racers show this weekend with extra pit space left over?
well guys give me an idea?...Ive got a year to plan...78 bodies that signed up and attended...if we limit it to 90 inside and others can pitch ez-ups outside
Old 09-27-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
well guys give me an idea?...Ive got a year to plan...78 bodies that signed up and attended...if we limit it to 90 inside and others can pitch ez-ups outside
That sounds like a plan there. Save the back area out the back of the dirt pit room for a tent city if you reach your inside limit. Will keep the tents out of view of any prying eyes but still have easy access to the track. As long as there is a way to get power out there to accommodate the number of people.

Could also move the track permanently to the Chattanooga area
Old 09-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
One option would be to remove the dirt from the off-road area and set up extra pit spots there. It wouldn't be much fun to do but well worth it for the racers, that way nobody would have to pit outside taking a chance on the weather.

If your looking to speed things up, format wise, I would eliminate the LCQ. That 17 hour Saturday was a killer !! (like I need to tell you that ! ) Run like this:

Thursday...sign-up and open practice
Friday.......sign-up and controlled practice
Saturday...sign-up (if needed) and 1 min VTA qual. followed by 2 rounds of quals for all classes
Sunday.....3rd round of quals. in the morning, then run mains starting in the early afternoon.

Depending on what time you open on Sat and Sun, run some controlled practice time, 10-15 minutes for each class prior to starting qualifying.

Personally, I thought the LCQ was a bit of overkill and just made for a very long day. How many people actually benefitted from it ?

Just my thoughts here, I'll still return no matter what you and R. Dirla come up with !!
Old 09-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trytowin
One option would be to remove the dirt from the off-road area and set up extra pit spots there. It wouldn't be much fun to do but well worth it for the racers, that way nobody would have to pit outside taking a chance on the weather.
You could just flatten a portion of the dirt track and put some carpet down over the dirt.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:22 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I am pretty sure that the dirt track itself wont be taken out or flattened out unless they possibly do a layout change during the week. The off road guys are almost as anal about their track as I am about the carpet track! But the person in charge of the layouts on the dirt track has limited time and can only work on it at certain times. So its unlikely that could happen.

I do know that where the dirt room pits are now they are going to be expanded out the back (where the trailer was sitting) and the storage room out there will be pits too. Probably extend the room out enough to fit another 8 of those big tables or so. So that alone is another 32 racers if we kept the current table options.

EA
Old 09-27-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I am pretty sure that the dirt track itself wont be taken out or flattened out unless they possibly do a layout change during the week. The off road guys are almost as anal about their track as I am about the carpet track! But the person in charge of the layouts on the dirt track has limited time and can only work on it at certain times. So its unlikely that could happen.

I do know that where the dirt room pits are now they are going to be expanded out the back (where the trailer was sitting) and the storage room out there will be pits too. Probably extend the room out enough to fit another 8 of those big tables or so. So that alone is another 32 racers if we kept the current table options.

EA

That would definitely be plenty

Did you get my pm EA?
Old 09-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

u could take out da 1min round (dat took forever)..jus do heads up & take out LcQ..& Run jus all mains & triple A mains on sunday
Old 09-27-2012, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by starrx
u could take out da 1min round (dat took forever)..jus do heads up & take out LcQ..& Run jus all mains & triple A mains on sunday
No way! I loved the 1-min VTA rounds. That was a great idea. Maybe the 1-min rounds could be moved to Friday and if some VTA's can't make it on Friday, then they can do their 1-min run on Saturday. Keep the 1-min rounds for VTA.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Personally I liked the 1 min qualifier. I had a horrible time in mine due to something weird in my set up but for the most part it put people with people in their level of racing. That way people werent blown away by the fast guys mixed in with the slower guys and the slower guys werent becoming speed bumps for the faster guys. With the wide range of racer levels we have I think it was a great idea

All in all Im glad to have had that much track time at a race. Made it that much more fun in my opinion.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i liked watching the 1 min qualifier (and i wasnt even racing VTA) It gave all the VTA guys a little bit of the spotlight all by themselves, no matter if they qualified 1st or 48th

If we need to shorten up a day, maybe that can be done friday night or something to end practice.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

EA[/QUOTE]

With this being planned/done, then there would be plenty of space available. Limit the entries to 100 then. The more the merrier !!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Personally I liked the 1 min qualifier. I had a horrible time in mine due to something weird in my set up but for the most part it put people with people in their level of racing. That way people werent blown away by the fast guys mixed in with the slower guys and the slower guys werent becoming speed bumps for the faster guys. With the wide range of racer levels we have I think it was a great idea

All in all Im glad to have had that much track time at a race. Made it that much more fun in my opinion.
+1 It's an excellent way to divide people up by skill level.

I'm still for the removal of the LCQ tho ...
Old 09-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'm all for ditching the LCQ as well. I didn't get to make it. For that matter run Double A mains. I didn't get to make the 3rd A either LOL
Old 09-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Im not really sure we need to ditch the LCQ, as big of a race as it is there should be 4 rounds of qualifying, not three.

And I like the triple A mains, they are far better for determining the main winner instead of just a single A main. (Look at the JR VTA main, one dominated all day and a mechanical problem cost him the win on the track)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.