Spintec Battery Manager

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spintec Battery Manager

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 07:49 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for all the support guys, really appreciate that!
Old 08-05-2005, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

[Sorry guys, but I have to start with this disclaimer: the following does not constitute legal advice and this posting is by me as an individual and not as a representative of my firm]

Ok. Sorry again. I'm not an intellectual property lawyer, but spoke to a friend who is, and here's what I was told:

1. You have one year from the time you start selling your item to the general public to apply for a patent in the United States.

[Edit: so even if another company were to apply for a patent before you, as long as yours was developed first and apply within one year, I was told you would get priority for a patent; and it doesn't matter that you don't live in the United States]

2. Once you have filed your patent application, you can note that the product has a "patent pending."

3. A pending patent only puts people on alert that a patent may issue. Once it issues, you can seek an injunction against anyone selling a copy of your product.

4. If you provide a company with "trade secret" information about how your product worked, and that information is used to copy your product, you may have legal rights with or without a patent. Simply stated, "trade secrets" are those not known to the general public or that could not be obtained by the general public (for example, I couldn't figure it out by opening the product).

I'm a big Spintec fan and don't want to see the company get squeezed.

Go Spintec!

Last edited by grazianos; 08-05-2005 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by grazianos
1. You have one year from the time you start selling your item to the general public to apply for a patent in the United States.
I don't believe it's been a year
Old 08-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
try it at the track. you'll feel the difference is sunday here yet?
Yeah...all these batteries are done dry cycling (overnight and such)...the only thing left for them is the real run time on the track, and only will happen on SUNDAY.........and SUNDAY is still 2 light years away here in my time zone. LOL....
Old 08-05-2005, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

So does the TRINITY one is SIMIAR....? Or Kinda? or exactly the same...to SPINTEC...? Otherwise, we are still talking about 2 differnet discharger just doing the similar job, not exactly someone bootleg someone's idea...

Like all the BELT drive RC car...they are all the same concept....can the original belt car desginer collect all the copyright from the new one..?

Just my 2 cents.....lawyer does scares me....
Old 08-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Mal

Depends on the patent, there are different kinds. The all inclusive ones cost 10s of thousands .... I doubt any RC car company is going to spend that much money on a patent. Specially when a company can change 10% of the design to bypass the patent.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I dont think is the same... belt tranmissions are around a long time. their aplication to rc maybe be new, but the concept is much older.

In this case we are talking about a way to condition and eventually increase the life of nimh batteries. As far as i know, its a new techonology, never used before. I guess u can do a patent on that.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Patent or no patent, it's pretty obvious that Trinity flat out copied the Spintec BatMan, just look at the two side by side. Same casing, wires, heatsink
Old 08-05-2005, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micros_rock
Patent or no patent, it's pretty obvious that Trinity flat out copied the Spintec BatMan, just look at the two side by side. Same casing, wires, heatsink
Or, someone else did and Trinity put their name on it.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Or, someone else did and Trinity put their name on it.

most likely, thats what they did...
Old 08-06-2005, 12:04 AM
TDO
Tech Apprentice

He Erik, alles goed. Net 2 stuks aangeschaft bij Speedworld. En waarschijnlijk volgen er nog 2 Even een vraagje: als je de accu hebt ontladen raad je dan aan om ze ook nog even te egaliseren op een tray?

Marc
Old 08-06-2005, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TDO
He Erik, alles goed. Net 2 stuks aangeschaft bij Speedworld. En waarschijnlijk volgen er nog 2 Even een vraagje: als je de accu hebt ontladen raad je dan aan om ze ook nog even te egaliseren op een tray?

Marc
????????????????
Old 08-06-2005, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
????????????????
Translation:

Hey Eric. How's it going?

(Followed by a bunch of 'mumbo jumbo' after that and finishing with equalizing on a tray....me thinks!)
Old 08-06-2005, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Translation:

Hey Eric. How's it going?

(Followed by a bunch of 'mumbo jumbo' after that and finishing with equalizing on a tray....me thinks!)
Yup Mumbo Jumbo for sure...LOL
I know that Spintec has plans for a something that E-Qu's something...
MY best guess is a very tricked out EQ tray. As everything that comes from Erik, has been tricked out (translation = very nice, wonderfully designed and nice to look at). See I do my part for people not accustumed to our slang termanoligy...LOL
-Shookie <><
Old 08-06-2005, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
????????????????
My translation:

"Hey Eric. How's it going?"...Followed by a bunch of 'mumbo jumbo' and finishing with "equalizing on a tray"....me thinks!)

Actually, this how google translates it:

"He Erik, everything good. Net 2 stuks aangeschaft bij Speedworld. EN waarschijnlijk volume towards it nog 2 Even een vraagje: as de ever accu ontladen raad ever dan aan COM CPU lifts ook nog even width unit egaliseren OI een tray?"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.