Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

New Schumacher KF2

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!

MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jpdanger
Yes. Race ready box stock with aluminum camber mounts and CF chassis weighed in at 1540g without a body. I believe if you remove the side rails and stiffeners you'll drop about 40g if memory serves???
My car ready to race, is 1599 right now with the side rails off. I wanted to try small bore shocks, titanium turnbuckles, and CF chassis to cut some more weight.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Carbon chassis is 60g lighter than alum if Im remebering correctly...

It add grip with more flex and raising cg slightly.. I didnt like the alum even on high bite
Old 05-29-2015, 07:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

did a little weight balance measurements on Wednesday night with Maizer. the results might surprise you.

first my KF2

now the maizer-KF2
Old 05-30-2015, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Its tough to get accurate reading on those scales unless you replace the shocks with turnbuckles.. preload can change the numbers alot
Old 05-30-2015, 07:24 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
Its tough to get accurate reading on those scales unless you replace the shocks with turnbuckles.. preload can change the numbers alot
As well as dirty tires. Remember, the rears will retain more dirt than the fronts, and throwing the numbers off.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:34 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

left to right "tweak" can be impacted for sure, but not front to rear balance --- which was my only analysis goal.

Originally Posted by Socket
As well as dirty tires. Remember, the rears will retain more dirt than the fronts, and throwing the numbers off.
i can see this being impactful. maybe more impactful is that we have different tires.
Old 05-30-2015, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

I disagree... scales dont know which tire is on them
Old 05-30-2015, 01:11 PM
Tech Champion

I always weighed my cars on the chassis.... tires are irrelvant for a weight distribution comparison since they are unsprung weight
Old 05-30-2015, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You don't race your car with turnbuckles instead of shocks, why weigh it that way? Stop cheating the scales to get certain percentages and focus on how the changes you make effect handling. Yes preload effects scale readings, it's called weight transfer... one big reason for tuning your suspension and the whole reason to use scales.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Banshee8530
You don't race your car with turnbuckles instead of shocks, why weigh it that way? Stop cheating the scales to get certain percentages and focus on how the changes you make effect handling. Yes preload effects scale readings, it's called weight transfer... one big reason for tuning your suspension and the whole reason to use scales.
Valid point if you already have your electronics/chassis layout balanced, but trying to do that with the variable of shock pre-load is not the best idea.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:02 PM
Tech Champion

Preload is unrelated to weight transfer, maybe you meant weight distribution? Anyhow... doesn't matter to me how you take the info I supply. Sounds like you guys have it all figured out, I'll leave you guys to the engineering.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:54 AM
Tech Adept

Preload is unrelated to weight transfer, maybe you meant weight distribution? Anyhow... doesn't matter to me how you take the info I supply. Sounds like you guys have it all figured out, I'll leave you guys to the engineering.
Hmmm, I was actually agreeing with you but I guess you could read that either way.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Default The scale Photo

Let me just say this, that will explain the front to rear weight readings. The yellow buggy has a small servo and all stock front running gear. The white car, my car has a full size servo, aluminum steering rack, and front link mount. Also I have removed a lot of weight from the transmission and moved it back on the chassis as fare as I could. The battery is now in the center. Overall I feel the car is better on wet clay running slicks or treaded tires, at Critters. At Cruzzin I well the same. Now that I have the transmission/motor were I feel is best, I will work on my setup, as I have been running 1.8 rear springs and 4.0 fronts and all the other adjustments to cause less steering and more rear grip. Im sorry for not answering questions or posting photos on how to do what im doing with this car. I cant give away to much information, and would not even be talking about it if that photo did not get posted.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

Why the secrecy?
Old 06-01-2015, 09:31 PM
Tech Regular

Interesting. This is why I was very curious to see an actual measurement of this layout as eyeballing it does not always end up agreeing with the measured results, which in this case were counterintuitive (at least to me). But based on what Maizer is saying I do not think it was his intent for this design/experiment to be made public let alone scrutinized so I digress.

With regards to the comments about the method of measuring used my question to anyone is: What are you trying to measure? If you want to determine where the center of mass is on the car then the best way to do that is how Tony has been suggesting. Remove and/or account for all the unsprung mass and take the spring pre-load out of the equation by using struts to set the suspension level at ride height. Once you can see where the center of mass moves as you make changes then you can start answering questions about dynamic weight transfer and handling.

This is not to say that scaling a car on tires has no value. It is just not as accurate in determining the car's center of mass, which is the key element affecting the car's handling.

Last edited by motorcitymatt; 06-02-2015 at 05:58 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.