Wiki Posts
Search

Team Much More CTX-D2 Discharger

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 03:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Team Much More CTX-D2 Discharger

Hi guys, i'm new to this hobby. I recently bought a CTX-D2 adn i'm really excited about using it. Is it normal to see sparks when u connect the screws to the batteries with the discharger plugged into a power supply? Thanks alot!
Old 05-05-2007, 03:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hondakid
Hi guys, i'm new to this hobby. I recently bought a CTX-D2 adn i'm really excited about using it. Is it normal to see sparks when u connect the screws to the batteries with the discharger plugged into a power supply? Thanks alot!
never had sparks dude get it checked out to be on the safe side
Old 05-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

they gave me an error msg that showed that my batteries were in the wrong direction.. but when i checked it again.. its where the positive and negatives are supposed to go... den i switch the batt in a diff direction and there werent any more sparks.... am i doing this correctly? i dun wish to lose a battery here.. thanks!
Old 05-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Please post a pic, and No you should never have sparks, just a guess, but you probably arked the battery (touched the positive and negitive to a peice of metal)
Old 05-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Dreaded error message

In only its second week of use, my CTX-D2 today displayed "INSERT ERROR CHECK CONNECTION" after I had correctly inserted a second 6-cell battery pack for the day.

Now, when I restart it, it continues displaying the same error message (after the startup message). Pressing buttons does not reset it.

Is there anything inside the CTX-D2 that is serviceable by the owner to correct this issue? Or, should I just send it in to Much More? Thanks.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

must have busted it with the 1st pack you inserted... sugest you send it back for repair (void warranty tho)
Old 05-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

ok.. heres a short description on what i did... unable to get a pict at the moment. in the beginning i actually took out the 5 posts on the discharger so that i could place the batteries in both ways.. is it true that i should only place the batteries in the way that the posts are fitted in?? i hope i did not kill my discharger in the process though..
Old 05-06-2007, 12:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
must have busted it with the 1st pack you inserted... sugest you send it back for repair (void warranty tho)
The first pack discharged properly. That was not the problem.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you take out all the middle posts doesnt that mean you wouldnt be equalizing each cell but the whole pack?

If im thinking right about what you posted it means the circuits will be discharging 7.2v instead of 1.2v (may not be rated for that) and it may also not be designed for that kind of operation?
Old 05-06-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The packs are only supposed to go in one way and the tray shows the way it should be provided you have your packs built right. I ran into this when I got my first smart tray although with that tray it does no damage, just does nothing at all for the pack. Check to make sure your packs are built the right way for the tray layout and try again. If it still does not work you may have to send it back to MM.

Bill, sounds to me as though yours is in need of service as well. Hopefully you two get this resolved and repairs do not take too long. I originally wanted to get a Spintec charger till I saw I would have to rebuild all my packs again and they no longer would work right with my smart tray. You really have to watch the layout arrangement with these things unless it states it does not matter how you use it.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hondakid
ok.. heres a short description on what i did... unable to get a pict at the moment. in the beginning i actually took out the 5 posts on the discharger so that i could place the batteries in both ways.. is it true that i should only place the batteries in the way that the posts are fitted in?? i hope i did not kill my discharger in the process though..
Yes, the packs are only meant to go in one way, thats thats why those posts are there. Put the posts back in, Make sure your packs are built for the discharger, Pray you didn't fry it cause if you did you voided the warranty and the guys from Much More read these posts. Do you have the manual, if not here is a link to it http://www.much-more.co.kr/freeboard...-d_english.pdf look at the packs and if yours don't match, which I assume they don't, they probably need to be flipped over
Old 05-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

either direction i place the batteries... they seem to be in the same polarity as the picture provided by the manual.. the only difference is the position of my wire and connector... will that make a difference too? i've alr placed the poles back...
Old 05-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

I made the same mistake when I built my packs, Make sure the bottom Left closest to the screen is Positive with a battery bar connecting it to row 2, Last row Right should be Positive with a bent battery bar. If you have them exactly like that and it still dosent work it may need to be fixed. The battery will still fit and look like the picture even if it is wrong, the reason is it is exacly the same if you flip it upside down. Recheck to see that the polarity of the battery is correct (positve and negitive).
Old 05-07-2007, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The batteries may be in the right orientation but are the battery bars in the same places?

Changing the locations of the battery bars will result in different results between the terminals.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

any idea what is the process for cell matching with the CTX-D2?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.