Yokomo MR-4TC SD >

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Old 06-05-2005, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
the track was well sprayed but something is up with the asphalt. I don't know what it is but it's been low bite as of late. I will get a handle on it for next weekend
It had phenomenal bite for me ...and I'm running a very massive steering setup on my car!!
Old 06-05-2005, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

the track was well sprayed but something is up with the asphalt. I don't know what it is but it's been low bite as of late. I will get a handle on it for next weekend
So now you're blaming the asphalt? I don't think that one is in your excuse database yet, good one It's not myfault, it's not yourfault, it's the ASPHALT!
Old 06-05-2005, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
So now you're blaming the asphalt? I don't think that one is in your excuse database yet, good one It's not myfault, it's not yourfault, it's the ASPHALT!
hehe ...ok just added it to the excuse base, I should put dates on them cause #91 & #92 appear to be beeing "re-used", it'd be interesting to see the "full circle cycle" of the excuses LMAO!!!!
Old 06-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

I mean #92 & #93
Old 06-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

it would be different if I were the only one with this problem but until your Yokomo boy posts on here my word is no good...LOL Atlease I didn't hack a little kid and make him cry yesterday (harsh you know who I' talking about) Also....you gotta run horse power sometime to understand what I'm talking about....LMAO
Old 06-05-2005, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

LMAO!
For as much spray that is on the track, it should have better traction in mod, but I'm not so sure it is the surface, as much as it is the layout. IMHO, that with a mod you can't get enough traction because the track just doesn't flow very well with hotter winds. Running older tires just makes it worse, ask John Scott. I know that it sounds strange, but you can see that there is not a lot of difference between the mod times and 19T times. I would bet if you took out the straight in the current layout, 19T would be faster. I say change the layout and the track will be better.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Be sure to post for Matt H. that I did hook ya'll up with a killer motor. he doesn't love me anymore See ya next weekend.
A Redline 9x1, and it was pretty good, thanks again!
Old 06-05-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pops
LMAO!
For as much spray that is on the track, it should have better traction in mod, but I'm not so sure it is the surface, as much as it is the layout. IMHO, that with a mod you can't get enough traction because the track just doesn't flow very well with hotter winds. Running older tires just makes it worse, ask John Scott. I know that it sounds strange, but you can see that there is not a lot of difference between the mod times and 19T times. I would bet if you took out the straight in the current layout, 19T would be faster. I say change the layout and the track will be better.
Good thing I'm running 19 turn next weekend....LOL
Old 06-05-2005, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Good thing I'm running 19 turn next weekend....LOL
Yea you know that might make sense??? I turn marshaled mod and it defeinitely looked squirly, whereas my stock and 19T car was dialed (I think you would have to agree even tough you're a "harsh-hater") ;-) ...in aprox 1.5 hours we'll be tearing the track apart, washing it and rebuilding it ...we'll make sure not to use a "Mo layout" (since that was his layout ).

That crying incident was bad ...at least when I hack people it's guys over 40!!
Old 06-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well All,

I just got home and un wound from this weekends Series race with teh New LCG.......
Here is what I found.....
THIS CAR ROCKS
I had a couple problems until a freindly neighbor hood Yok Guy Glenn G...Hey Glenn if you read this Thanks a bunch.
I found you have to add the 1-1.5mm spacers under the blocks (which helped with the ride hieght issue)...I was running without them and it seemed rough. With that and a good diff shimming everything was right as rain until what everyone who had conserns about open diffs happened to me....Yup a rock got in there....The second qualifier and my car was all over...I only managed to make the C main....But thanks to GOD and my LCG re-dialed (pun fulley intended) I bumped to the B Main and came in second only because I couldn't make it through all the lap traffic fast enough...I had the Motor (thanks go out to EA) and battery (thanks to Promatch) and if I hade two more laps I probably still wouldn't have cought up...LOL But hey I didn't have another battery ready for the A main anyway so it was all good So got the First place in the B-Main cause the real winner bumped...Story of my life....B-Main Master...LOL
Only suggestions for you guys is to go with the 2.5 rear block....helped a bunch. Get the drive train as free as possible without slop and the LCG can win big....
I think I am totaly thrilled with this car. Hope everyone else loves it too.
I am going to either make some or see if Steve (speedtech) can get more of the Lexan covers for the diff cases (although they are for the EVO IV) I can make them work for the LCG.
Stephen <><
Old 06-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Regional Moderator

So, which one is considered as your first wife? BD or LCG?
Old 06-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by daniz24
So, which one is considered as your first wife? BD or LCG?
I would say for stock motor racing....The LCG is very very very nice....The BD is now the 19T car and eventually MOD....
If ever my LCG can not run the BD is very capable in Stock as well.
I just prefer the shaft drive for the low end of a stock motor.
Just my opinion.
Stephen <><
Old 06-05-2005, 10:54 PM
Tech Adept

Nice report Shookie! Thanks! Congratulations on your B-Main win!!

There is one thing about the LCG that is questioning me, the upper deck isnt screwed onto the steering post since they re so low and this must have a Huge effect on Flex so do you think it means that the car was only designed for asphalt and no good for carpet?

I only race on asphalt anyway but do you think to much flex, or badly positioned flex could be harmful on the cars handling on a High bite asphalt track?

I m sure Yokomo didnt just "throw" out such a design on the market without any testing but it would be interesting to hear from guys who race on carpet (maybe not so popular in Japan)

This is the FIRST double deck TC that is designed like this, without the good old steering belcranks that stiffen up the whole chassis (they play a crucial role on the Pro4, in tweak)

Anyway I m sure this car performs very well, just interested to hear some more comments on it

BTW, Shookie after shimming your diffs did you get the drivetrain to spin free for ages? 10 secs is the Minimum to show of !

See ya!
Old 06-05-2005, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tbevofreak
Nice report Shookie! Thanks! Congratulations on your B-Main win!!

There is one thing about the LCG that is questioning me, the upper deck isnt screwed onto the steering post since they re so low and this must have a Huge effect on Flex so do you think it means that the car was only designed for asphalt and no good for carpet?
I think it was designed mainly for asphalt....Flex is good on the pavement. It handles like my BD in the corners. It grips very well.

I only race on asphalt anyway but do you think to much flex, or badly positioned flex could be harmful on the cars handling on a High bite asphalt track?
IT HANDLES VERY WELL, I think the extra flex might actually help.

I m sure Yokomo didnt just "throw" out such a design on the market without any testing but it would be interesting to hear from guys who race on carpet (maybe not so popular in Japan)
Asphalt warrior here but I think if you get the Rayspeed or SDW servo saver post they might fit to help strengthen things up. Just have to flip them over. They look like they would fit..I will try it the next time I tear apart my car. For carpet I would probably get a 3.0-3.5MM chassis upgrade for it first.

This is the FIRST double deck TC that is designed like this, without the good old steering belcranks that stiffen up the whole chassis (they play a crucial role on the Pro4, in tweak)
Tweak isn't an issue. I fulley tested the LCG's durability today hitting a bunch of stuff. Everything heald together perfectly and no tweak even after a major hit.

BTW, Shookie after shimming your diffs did you get the drivetrain to spin free for ages? 10 secs is the Minimum to show of !

See ya!
I got no bragging rights man...I just show my skills when I lap YOU..Duh, just messin with you. I am going to free it i up more. I got about 6 sec now, But the bearings are not what they use to be...Remember they came from my rayspeed...A little old. I am getting some new ones soon.
Stephen <><
Old 06-06-2005, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Has anyone heard anything more about this?......SD-644TS (HINT HINT Steve)LOL

Just wondering what it will do to the LCG.....Steering is already good...Could it actually be better than the BD????Curious minds want to know...and try..LOL
Thanks,
Stephen <><

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.