Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Tamiya TB-03

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 05:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I was just going to cut the ball off the axle, take out 2mm and then TIG is back together. You solution seems less invasive!
Old 09-13-2009, 05:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Timmie
Yes the lateral blocks. Then you have a/a front blocks. No they don't include other blocks in the kit unfortunately. Install the 46mm shafts in the rear and see if they clear ok. The rear uses xa/d so It is a little wider. Worse case scenario if the rears fit, is that you would have to buy a pair off 44mm shafts for the front. Or you could purchase wider front blocks. Buying blocks wouldn't be a bad idea either since they can be used in the rear as well to adjust your rear toe. Let us know how you make out.
If the front is wider than the back wont that effect the handling? How would it effect it?
Old 09-13-2009, 05:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CSaddict
OK Timmie I see what you are talking about with suspension blocks. I have XD left over from the rear. I need D or C blocks to make this work?
You had a xd block come with your car? Now I need to go look at my left over parts But xd is very short. So that is not the block you need. It should say 1D on the rear, rear block of your car. If you have one more of the 1D blocks left over on your parts tree, install both of them on the front of your car and see if your 46mm shafts fit then.

Also for a great reference and a way to see how to tune with Tamiya blocks, refer to this article on Tamiya's website, its very clear and concisehttp://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=412
Old 09-13-2009, 05:19 AM
Tech Regular

You had a xd block come with your car? Now I need to go look at my left over parts But xd is very short. So that is not the block you need. It should say 1D on the rear, rear block of your car. If you have one more of the 1D blocks left over on your parts tree, install both of them on the front of your car and see if your 46mm shafts fit then.

Also for a great reference and a way to see how to tune with Tamiya blocks, refer to this article on Tamiya's website, its very clear and concisehttp://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=412
LOL I just read that while searching about the blocks! Thanks for the help as usual.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:24 AM
Tech Addict

I was just going to cut the ball off the axle, take out 2mm and then TIG is back together. You solution seems less invasive!
LMAO! Now that's what I'm talking about! lol! That is actually something I did once with a car I had, got mad at the replacement cost so I TIG welded the center of some 1/8 buggy axles in its place Saved me 50 bucks hehe

Yes wider front blocks will effect the handling some. But in a good way I think you will find. I see you plan on running 13.5 so with the speed of 13.5 now, the wider blocks will make the front more stable at high speed. You can get away with running no sway bars running wide blocks too. All depends on your setup. Right now I am running C/C front and XA/D for the rear and it feels great for 13.5.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:42 AM
Tech Regular

So I just looked at the blocks I have left. The 1A has a small hole for a pin and the 1D has a large recess area for a ball stud of sorts. This doesnt seem like I could make it work.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:15 AM
Tech Addict

So I just looked at the blocks I have left. The 1A has a small hole for a pin and the 1D has a large recess area for a ball stud of sorts. This doesnt seem like I could make it work.
Yeah I don't know why they did that, but the A blocks that come with the kit don't have the open end that the hinge pin ball shim fits into. The rear kit blocks do, just like the aluminum ones the rest of the Tamiya cars use. Just to check for fit, If you have two of the plastic D blocks, install both of them at the front of the car. If you don't have extra hinge pin ball shims to check this, take them from the front, rear XA block. I know its a pain, but then you will know what to do next, if you want to run those blocks or buy 44mm axles.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah I don't know why they did that, but the A blocks that come with the kit don't have the open end that the hinge pin ball shim fits into. The rear kit blocks do, just like the aluminum ones the rest of the Tamiya cars use. Just to check for fit, If you have two of the plastic D blocks, install both of them at the front of the car. If you don't have extra hinge pin ball shims to check this, take them from the front, rear XA block. I know its a pain, but then you will know what to do next, if you want to run those blocks or buy 44mm axles.
The more I think about it the more I think they are getting cut and rewelded. I need to get back to my roots!! Make due with what you have. Thats how I learned to TIG...... I bought this car as a budget racer. Why spend more?
Old 09-13-2009, 07:13 AM
Tech Addict

The more I think about it the more I think they are getting cut and rewelded. I need to get back to my roots!! Make due with what you have. Thats how I learned to TIG...... I bought this car as a budget racer. Why spend more?
Sounds good, bevel and some 309 rod and call it a day hehe
Old 09-13-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

The 3racing shafts are stainless? I will have to check. I have tons of 309 so that would be great! I make custom turbo manifolds and use 304l so 308 and 309 I use the most.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

The 3racing shafts are stainless? I will have to check. I have tons of 309 so that would be great! I make custom turbo manifolds and use 304l so 308 and 309 I use the most.
I don't know if they are stainless or not. But I use 309 for mild to mild steel because I like working with it. Makes some pretty beads and seems just as strong. But ER70 is cheap if you don't have some laying around. Cool that you make manifolds, I've done a few for some imports

I know, off subject but we still kinda talked about TB03 hehe

Last edited by Timmie; 09-13-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Initiate

It got a little "different"

I can't embed the picture here. So here is a link:

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/9wcf-4-jpg.html

Last edited by Glinzo; 09-13-2009 at 11:13 AM. Reason: wrong picture size
Old 09-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Holy Repsol Glinzo!

That is sweet!!
Old 09-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Glinzo
It got a little "different"

I can't embed the picture here. So here is a link:

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/9wcf-4-jpg.html
Man, thats really good. Thanks for posting that up!
Old 09-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ready for Mazdafest/sevenstock 12!
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-03-rx7-black.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.