Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lipo Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Lipo Batteries

Hey gents, I enjoy your input on all topics and thought as I enter the world of Lipo batteries, that some of you may have some info/opinions/experience from which I could benefit.

I'm looking to upgrade to Lipo, I have a Sprint 2 flux brushless. I am getting terrible runtimes out of my batteries and am looking to upgrade for runtime and raw speed. So I'm trying to gather info to determine what to buy, what specs and how much to spend above the cheapest battery available. This is quite a confusing subject for a rookie. All the different mah talk and voltage as well as 30c, 35c.... and what is 2s or 3s???

Being safe, from what I gather, I have found guys using the sprint 2 flux and others with brushless motors driving and highly recommending batteries in the 5000mah 7.4v 30c spec.... I'd like to get a decent battery and maybe a "cheap" backup which has lead me to the blue lipo for the backup.... but haven't purchased yet.

Any help is much appreciated.

I'm going to post this on another site as well as I use 2 sites for my "research" since I've got a steep learning curve.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by keener
Hey gents, I enjoy your input on all topics and thought as I enter the world of Lipo batteries, that some of you may have some info/opinions/experience from which I could benefit.

I'm looking to upgrade to Lipo, I have a Sprint 2 flux brushless. I am getting terrible runtimes out of my batteries and am looking to upgrade for runtime and raw speed. So I'm trying to gather info to determine what to buy, what specs and how much to spend above the cheapest battery available. This is quite a confusing subject for a rookie. All the different mah talk and voltage as well as 30c, 35c.... and what is 2s or 3s???

Being safe, from what I gather, I have found guys using the sprint 2 flux and others with brushless motors driving and highly recommending batteries in the 5000mah 7.4v 30c spec.... I'd like to get a decent battery and maybe a "cheap" backup which has lead me to the blue lipo for the backup.... but haven't purchased yet.

Any help is much appreciated.

I'm going to post this on another site as well as I use 2 sites for my "research" since I've got a steep learning curve.
To completely answer all your questions it may take more time than I have. But if your looking for run time lipo will definitely help you there. Without knowing your budget or how you use your car I would recommend something like this:

http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...oducts_id=2735

The more mah the longer run times you will have. Don't worry too much about the C ratings unless you are racing modified motors...or racing at all.

What do you mean by the "blue" lipo?
Old 05-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

simple answer is to buy the biggest capacity with highest C rating that you can afford.
prices are getting better all the time so shop around.
I have seen intellect 40c 5000mah selling for around $65.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Great info.... thanks for that. My budget is $75 or less.. preferrably less. I parking lot race with our local hobby shop and I don't really see it going much past this. BUT, I do want to win those parkinglot races so....

Our local shop has a lipo that i've never heard of (and can't remember the name of) for $50 and it's a 5000mah 7.4v. Considering just buying that to support the locals but IF i can get something comperable at a way way lower price, then I'd need to consider that too.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Initiate

By the way, this is what I meant by blue lipo: http://www.nitrorcx.com/83p-5000mah-...4-30c-car.html