Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by impalabob64
I got 2secrets i might share with you guysstay tuned
Soooo???? what is the secret or secrets?

Rcrevolution: PM me and let me know if you will take what I have offered.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Ssshhhh

Hmm wonder how this car would do at Sedan Nats oops darn it ,did i slip
Old 06-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by impalabob64
Hmm wonder how this car would do at Sedan Nats oops darn it ,did i slip
Awesome!!! Wish you the best of luck!!!!! may the Magic be with you

but what is the other secret?? don't tell me you already know you are going to win First place
Old 06-19-2009, 10:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default Let's start a new thread...

I would like to urge our moderator to allow us the creation of a new thread for the G4RS 2009, as it trully represents a totally different platform!!

I do not think it would be fair to merge all Serpent 710, 720 and 733 just because they are all Serpent touring cars.

This product, G4RS 2009, deserves an all new thread to post tips, settings, questions and every thing a forum is founded for.

I am going ahead starting a new thread hoping that our suggestion is taken into account!

Thanks to the members for supporting R/C Tech and thanks to the administrators for maintaining an extremely useful tool!!

Hugo Castro
Old 06-20-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys, where do you guys get the pre painted TM Stratus bodies?
Old 06-21-2009, 12:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Renault_Tech
Hey guys, where do you guys get the pre painted TM Stratus bodies?
My LHS carries them. Wolf Hobbies has them online (USA). I would imagine though anywhere that carries Kfactory parts can get them.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

i was testing alone with my lap counter last sunday. i improve my time with 1 way initially. but after few tanks, my 2nd speed gear engage erratically. most of the time it didnt engage. opened 2nd speed clutch, 1 side of was a bit too loose, no sign of loosing thread in the clutch. what should i look at this point?
Old 06-23-2009, 01:07 AM
Tech Regular

Lately I've found my 2-spd to be shifting inconsistently as well (usually not shifting at all). So I backed out the adjustment alot. I have the adjusting screws backed out so far you can hear the shoes jiggle when you take them out. Really I should probably just adjust the gap between the shoes and bell but now my shift point is so perfect on my home track i don't want to mess with it!
Old 06-23-2009, 02:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

how do you unlock the spool so i can use it as a one way?
Old 06-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

there is one type of spool/1way option front drive shaft. just take out 2 small pin covered by the gray o-ring,and walla, u have a 1-way. if u are using +evo spool, then im sorry to say, its fix that way
Old 06-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

As nazwenhome said if it's the evo type or the k-factory type then they are fixed. If your using the adjustable one from TM then make sure you undo the grub screws inside the diffs outdrives so the pins can come out.

Originally Posted by nazwenhome
i was testing alone with my lap counter last sunday. i improve my time with 1 way initially. but after few tanks, my 2nd speed gear engage erratically. most of the time it didnt engage. opened 2nd speed clutch, 1 side of was a bit too loose, no sign of loosing thread in the clutch. what should i look at this point?

I had a very similar problem with mine too. I found that the grub screws were not done up enough so the cam would get jammed causing either irregular 2 speed engagement or none at all. After i tightened it up a little bit and got rid of all the slop it got rid of the problem. Hope this helps.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The "black" spool ( the aluminium one) has 2 grey o rings, pull these aside, take out the 2 pins and you have a 1 way

Good luck driving it though, brakes become almost useless, tyre wear goes through the roof
Old 06-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by freestyles
As nazwenhome said if it's the evo type or the k-factory type then they are fixed. If your using the adjustable one from TM then make sure you undo the grub screws inside the diffs outdrives so the pins can come out.

I had a very similar problem with mine too. I found that the grub screws were not done up enough so the cam would get jammed causing either irregular 2 speed engagement or none at all. After i tightened it up a little bit and got rid of all the slop it got rid of the problem. Hope this helps.
will try to look at the problem again this weekend thanks for the highlight
Old 07-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Tech Regular

While some of you guys have your new G4RS 2009, I have to soldier on with my +Evo. Which I guess is both a good thing and a bad thing. Bad in that I don't have something shiny and new but good in that i still love my +Evo and it didn't let me down friday night.
Every friday night we turn on the lights and go at it with the AMB turned on. Even though I slapped on brand new untrued tires (and didn't adjust rideheight either) or adjust my suspension geometries after replacing both a front upright and a rear arm my car went 4 for 4. Easily my best race outing yet. Too bad nothing was on the line Oh well.
Time for bigger and greater things, Mugen Challenge here I come!
Old 07-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Addict

seriously i think the RS 09 'evolved' from the +evo. they've got similar geometry setups/layouts...

i'll still be racing mine for 1 more year at least...then maybe try something else since i can't convert my +evo to RS09.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.