Tech Addict

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...13#post4073813
Old 01-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRFwhitey
thats what i used
Hey Corey,

What oil are you running in your shocks?

I've been running muchmore 45/40 (F/R) in mine, and I think thats a little soft. What do you think too 50/45 or 60/50?

Also, I tried the much more o-rings, but they seemed to make my shocks leak... any ideas (maybe wrong dia o-ring?)

Cheers
Ed
Old 01-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Tech Adept

hey there,

i've been studying vehicle dynamics for some time now and what i've learned is that if your damper has some friction in it asside from the damping action, it directly lowers grip levels.

same with unsprung mass. if you move unsprung mass to the sprung mass it directly relates to better grip.

so from this standpoint im gonne take UL inserts from orion, magnesium screws on the hubs and get the trf dampers as smooth as possible..(love dreaming)

i already played with the last thing this week...
trying to get less rebound but still using the bushing almost always resulted in negative rebound so i guess you just cant get little rebound when using the bushing...

about the o-rings, i used the stock tamiya rings when building them, i noticed that 1 of 4 wasn't as smooth as the rest when i fully tightened the lower shock cap. then i noticed that the shock was way smoother when i slightly loosened the lower shock cap making the o-ring a little less compressed. i dont know if this has a bad influence on the leaking or if it makes the shock inconsistent, cant race anything cause i sold my T2 .
so can any of you tell me if this is a good way to tune the dampers making them smoother?

Mark
Old 01-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by habis
TRF Team 416 cars from this weekends DHI cup
Notice the spools...
Old 01-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

mm, don't know if there is anyway to make the shocks more smooth. flourine coated shocks/ballends/pistons and titanium coated shafts is about as smooth as you get. You can try 3rd pt manufactures that make shock grease(green slime) or silicone o-rings. You can use 0wt oil to make it "feel" smoother but that's not what you want...
Old 01-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default re

Hey ed,

I am currently using 50wt/3hole front and 25wt/3 hole rear. However i do plan on changing to 50wt/2 hole and 40wt/3hole as the track i will be racing at this week has quite a bit of grip. Try the first setup and let me know what you think cause it seems to work well. Also i have been running TA05 springs up front, i find white springs to be a little to hard.

I did notice the spools in the pics, i tried one and the car pushes ALOT. I never really gave it a fair chance but i do plan on testing with it more in the near future. Are one-ways banned at DHI?
Old 01-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey ed,

I am currently using 50wt/3hole front and 25wt/3 hole rear. However i do plan on changing to 50wt/2 hole and 40wt/3hole as the track i will be racing at this week has quite a bit of grip. Try the first setup and let me know what you think cause it seems to work well. Also i have been running TA05 springs up front, i find white springs to be a little to hard.

I did notice the spools in the pics, i tried one and the car pushes ALOT. I never really gave it a fair chance but i do plan on testing with it more in the near future. Are one-ways banned at DHI?
What up bro? Good advise on the shocks. I'd like to try it out if I ever get a 416. We got a TCS race out here this year so I better get on the ball now if I want to give myself a chance.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apex
Is that a Mazda 6?
Marc tested the 6speed vs the old 6. on the picture its the old 6 that he choosed to stick with.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:37 AM
Tech Adept

Hey ed,

The mod guys need the extra braking in the corners, so they choose spool.
The Stock guys needed the flow so they eventually went for one-way.

The stock moters issued was standard Orion 19 T with 4 dgr timing, limited to 22k RPM. mine did 22.9K at 4,5 amps at 7,2v, alot slower than my Brood Kommodo.
No Lipo allowed
Old 01-15-2008, 12:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey ed,

Cheers for that Corey

I noticed that the TRF guys were running HPI Gold & Silvers on the cars at DHI, IIRC they are slightly softer than the Tam white & blues.

I think a lot of the mod guys run the spools as they find them more consistent, and gives brakes. It's the same over here, I think all of the A finalists in mod at carpet wars were running spools, I think. Coming into the tighter turns you can really hear them hammering the cars on the brakes... kinda needed with 3.5t

HiH
Ed
Old 01-15-2008, 03:45 AM
Tech Regular

where can we get a spool for the 416 ?
Old 01-15-2008, 05:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TryHard
Cheers for that Corey

I noticed that the TRF guys were running HPI Gold & Silvers on the cars at DHI, IIRC they are slightly softer than the Tam white & blues.

I think a lot of the mod guys run the spools as they find them more consistent, and gives brakes. It's the same over here, I think all of the A finalists in mod at carpet wars were running spools, I think. Coming into the tighter turns you can really hear them hammering the cars on the brakes... kinda needed with 3.5t

HiH
Ed
The HPI Springs are actually harder than the Tamiya springs, they are also shorter making the car a litle more stable and more responsive on a smaller track, IMO.

Anyway, Viktor used the standard Whithe and Blue Tamiya springs to win the DHI cup, maybe those springs are better on a flowing track...

Also, the spoles are needed to get all the power down, to save your rear tires from overheating and makes the laptimes more consistant.

Cheers,
Eirik
Old 01-15-2008, 06:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rc-car-net
You use the 415MRE and reeme out the bearing holder to fit the ouddrives.
The belt pully has to be fixed to the oppersit side
Old 01-15-2008, 06:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default SETUPS

hey guys heres my latest rubber setup along with my foam setup.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-416-foam.jpg   Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-rubber-st.catherines.jpg  
Old 01-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc-car-net
I'm sure you are waiting for an actual spool made for the 416. But like what everyone is saying, use the MRE spool until then. Go to page 29 and look at my pictures on how to use the MRE spool and 501/416 oneway pulley. TryHard also posted pics on reaming out the bearing holders to fit the delrin sleeves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.