Search
Like Tree1Likes

Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCMits
special make.. im sure they'll come out with a production one if it flies..

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...o-onecell.html
They were taking the "normal" models apart until recently. i think Castle saw the 1s market...
Old 12-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Would this thing even fit in a GenXL? lol. I guess no one knows yet how it would stack up against an AE BD?
Old 12-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Tech Rookie

MMP + Ballistic 13.5 =MISSLE! , so happy in fact at practice yesterday I pondered the idea of getting one for my 1/12... The MMP mod was brought to my attention, so I was well on my way to 1/12 scale domination Then I went to work today...and got LAID OFF ...Finally to end my miserable day I see that I could have ordered a SE 1cell MMP made just for me by Castle... MMP---good! This economy--- SUX
Old 12-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Made a cardboard template based on the tech. drawing dimensions supplied, and it will fit, barely in a GenXL. Have to lay it lengthwise infront of the battery and up alongside the servo, but it will fit. Should fit under most bodies, the Parma Speed8 HD will be the closest to not fitting, with their stupid scoops on each side of the cockpit pushing down into where the ESC needs to fit, but it might barely clear it. So I ordered one, lol. Now to wait until Jan. to get it. I can always use it later on in 1/8th electric.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Posting a pic cause everyone likes them. Man this thing weighes almost 3 ozs!!

Old 12-03-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 251 (100%+)

Any more info on the servo fix?Cant use my ko z4800s servo with it.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
They were taking the "normal" models apart until recently. i think Castle saw the 1s market...
been following the thread on hobbytalk.. :-) ive seen it done.. hear its fast ;-)
Old 12-04-2009, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

Just received my castle link. So far bench tests are quite promising. Waiting for the darn weather to get better for track tests. I have a feeling its gonna be better than my Tekin RS Pro on Vegas ware.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just picked up an MMP for a friend in exchange for him letting me test and run it for a week before handing it over. Wanted to see if I could squeeze any more out of it than I am getting from the Tekin.

Am playing around with the CHEAT mode for 17.5 class and have a question regarding the custom settings. Can you only select from the drop down list? I tried typing in an RPM figure for the maximum value and I get an error message.

There aren't many options in the drop down which limits the fine tuning and the maximum value is 17200 and as I am exceeding that at present with my Tekin on track I want to be able to select a higher value for max timing to come in. Free rev at 22 degrees the motor is reaching 33000rpm and with my Tekin set up I am getting to about 70% of free revs so I would like maximum timing to be at around 23k when running 22 deg. I don't expect the motor to get to this on track but I want timing to come on gradually all the way through the acceleration range but with 17200 timing will top out before RPM.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

You can't base anything on free reving. I and another driver at my track have set the start rpm to 8k and stop at 10 to 12k for 13.5BL. 17.5 you would want to start around 6k.

The best way to set your own value is to choose a preselect for the start and than using the drop-down list in the custom rpm dialog to select an end rpm.

I put my MMP in my vintage car last night with a start rpm of 4k and end of 5.5k with 40deg and it was a rocket. Hands down the fastest I've ever gone and I had a Tekin in previously.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sportpak
Car ran very well last night.
Our track is about 36 x 90.
I'm running 30 deg advance in cheat mode @ 7500 rpm and it was awesome.
FDR is 4.65
Motor temps stayed around 150f all night.
Plenty of rip and within inches of the Tekins on the back straight.

I need to play around with the throttle curve. It hit a little harsh on the low-mid throttle input. I like a little more butter on the low end. The harshness might have been upsetting the car enough to make me feel a little off all night. It's nice knowing there's plenty on tap.

I did have a strange hesitation on one of my starts. The car rolled gently a foot and then quit for about .5 second, then took off like a bat out of hell. It really brake checked the field and left me a sitting duck. The other three runs I stopped the car and launched it several times on the warmup laps and never had the issue again. Any one else encounter this?

Still very happy. Great value if you can live with the size.

Ben
Pump it up dude.

I ran mine last night for the first time in VTA and it out paced tekin by .3sec per lap. No competition down the straight. I passed the fastest guy at our track down the straight from 3 feet behind at the beginning to 2 feet past by the end.

40deg timing
start rpm - 4k
End rpm - 5.5k
FDR 4.7

Motor temp after 8min - 170 degF

Set a new fast lap record.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Pump it up dude.

I ran mine last night for the first time in VTA and it out paced tekin by .3sec per lap. No competition down the straight. I passed the fastest guy at our track down the straight from 3 feet behind at the beginning to 2 feet past by the end.

40deg timing
start rpm - 4k
End rpm - 5.5k
FDR 4.7

Motor temp after 8min - 170 degF

Set a new fast lap record.

I just saw your post and was going to comment on it. I was headed that direction, but the car was squirrely all night. I had more rip then I could really use. I won't be able to run VTA until next week, but I plan on digging a little deeper.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

If the car has to much rip for your driving style play with punch control. Try setting to 20 or 30% this should help.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sportpak
I just saw your post and was going to comment on it. I was headed that direction, but the car was squirrely all night. I had more rip then I could really use. I won't be able to run VTA until next week, but I plan on digging a little deeper.
If you have too much rip try turning the start power down. It had a pretty big effect for me on track in dirt. The default (low) setting is pretty mellow and will help settle things down.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
Would this thing even fit in a GenXL? lol. I guess no one knows yet how it would stack up against an AE BD?
In oval where we run 1s almost exclusively, the Mamba Pro is 2-3 laps faster than all the existing LRP's, Tekin's, etc. Since the AE speedo has really only been available to the on-road crowd to this point, not a lot of testing has been done. One racer I know did get to try the AE in oval, it was definetely laps faster as well, but no good comparison head to head versus the Mamba Pro. He did say he thought the Mamba had more potential, but is definitely MUCH larger.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.