Search
Like Tree1Likes

HPI Super Electric RS4's W/Brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 05:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by GundamWZero
Man I have so many obligations on purchasing other cars...... I should just leave them alone and buy a Super E. How much would a Super E and the Novak Brushless system cost together?
the kit is anywhere from 159.00 to 229.00.
the brushless is is anywhere from 225.00 to 279.00.it all just depends on where you buy your stuff. Ebay is a good place to look and tower hobbies.i would shop around and look
Old 07-12-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Number 11
So tell me what is your chassis setup Ben

What springs are you running?
Shock oil weight?
Camber front and rear
Toe front and rear
Tires and inserts soft or hard

Anything that I need to get outside of the kit
*Front Blue 25mm, 60 weight oil & 1 degree camber.
*Rear Bright Yellow 25mm, 40 weight oil, 1.5 camber & Purple sway bar.
*The front and rear toe are the fixed links that come with the kit, they work really well.
Sat. & Sun. I ran 33r's Frim front & Soft rear inserts

I really would recommend the Brushless System now that we have the thermalling somewhat under control. I would like to see it go with a brushed motor just to see it and the difference it would or may make in the car. We are all running the 48 pitch gears and I am currently running an 87 spur and 26 pinion gears. I would get the heat sink motor plate from Pete Faust, they work great. I would also consider getting the Associated cooling fan which Mike and I are looking into ordering soon. We will wait to order if you want one too.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Silver Cup
* I would get the heat sink motor plate from Pete Faust, they work great. I would also consider getting the Associated cooling fan which Mike and I are looking into ordering soon. We will wait to order if you want one too.
hey Ben, are you guys gonna get the little fans and mount them in front of the bulkhead like i did.i think it works good and it hasnt kept my runtimes down really at all.[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by BatMan99; 07-12-2004 at 09:53 PM.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Post FireBall Racing motor plates

these are the FireBall Racing motor plates we have and are using on our cars.the stock one is pictured to give you a comparison.one is finned and one is slotted for extra cooling.[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-12-2004, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Well it looks like a pretty simple car not much to deal with compared to the nitro version. I think I am going to give the brushed motor a shot first since I have all the equipment already if that doesn't work out I will go with the brushless. I can't imagine the car being that much heavier than my T3 so running a brushed motor should work.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Talking True dat

Yes, True not much to deal with and pretty good right out of the box.....except the gearing. when or if you get the car, bring it up and we'll go over it really good to get you up to speed. I realize you probably got a handle on things but I want you to know that there is no trick or anything any of us in this division wouldn't tell you. We wanna race and have good close battles and see who can put it down.

By the way, Mike Brad & Shane, congrats on fun Super "E" weekend tournament. I had alot of fun runnin' with you guys.

It looks like the never say never theme has been broken again, now lets welcome Allen with open A-arms. Allen.....looks like you'll own another HPI It is a really fun car, don't you worry.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

I am going to give Lou a call tomorrow and see how much he can get one for me. I found some brand new threaded shocks on ebay that I am going to bid on. I wonder if the associated springs would work I have plenty of those.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Talking Lou can help ya

I am pretty sure Lou can get it for 189.99 but you may find NIB on ebay for less. I would like to see you go through Lou as he is a great supporter of our series. I also know someone in California that has one for sale with the threaded shocks and steering stuff. It is used and I believe he wants $175.00 including shipping. if you are interested. Actually he is RCBuddha on here. He did mention he may wait to see if some more guys in SoCal get some Super "E"'s before he sells.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

I will be sending RCBuddha a email tonight that might be the way to go. Ben you are a evil man I got hooked driving that car for the No Bull Race.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Talking Dr. Evil

It is all apart of my evil scheme!!

Maybe Jeff Higgins will get a Staduim Truck now too...He did really well with it. I think the best way to get someone into a class is to let them drive and set the hook. I am glad you had fun and I know our races in this division will be very good!!
Old 07-12-2004, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

I was just thinking you are number 11 in that class I can't get that car because I will have to change my number. Just kidding!
Old 07-12-2004, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Talking Number 22

I am number 22, 11 is yours if you want it.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Oh course I will take it. Well it looks like I am commiting to this thing. Did you guys make any changes to your front and rear diffs. I have the upgraded diffs that I had in my Super those should work in the electric version, right?
Old 07-12-2004, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Is there a race this Saturday? Leslie has it in her calender that I am racing this weekend but the website doesn't say a race is happening this weekend not until the 31st.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

Exclamation WARNING BATTERY LOW

The 31st is the next race it was supposed to be the 2nd night night race and that was vetoed........I am running ball diffs in the Super "E" and was thinking about a front one way in the near future.

Uh oh my low battery light is coming on.....Time to go try and catch up on lost sleep from great weekend. I'll put you down for number 11 t h en A l l e n.......

G e tt in g s l eeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppy

C:Memory Failure/Can'tType/pages/goingtosleep.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.