Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
Who makes it ? Not finding one .
http://www.nortechracing.com/ac/store.html

Atomic Carbon is where I got mine from, you don't appreciate how thick 4mm carbon fiber is until you hold it in your hands
Old 12-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I just got mine from Akula Racing. 8Racing out of Germany is making them as well as Atomic Carbon.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fullsyzz
I just got mine from Akula Racing. 8Racing out of Germany is making them as well as Atomic Carbon.
I just got all 4 piece from Akula, and am putting them on the car right now... really nice looking pieces.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Anybody in the states making cf towers? Now I know how the rest of the world feels.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Just curious if anyone has any recommendation of tires that would work well on outdoor clay/dirt track of medium size a lap generally takes about 40 seconds.

Also does the kit require a 1.3mm hex driver? I think I recall reading this. Still waiting on my kit just want to have everything ready to go when I get it.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jurquhart
Just curious if anyone has any recommendation of tires that would work well on outdoor clay/dirt track of medium size a lap generally takes about 40 seconds.

Also does the kit require a 1.3mm hex driver? I think I recall reading this. Still waiting on my kit just want to have everything ready to go when I get it.
I wish! I ordered the lipo strap, steering rack and brace from Atomic Carbon and they are taking FOREVER! They must ship by carrier pigeon.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Briguy this is where I bought my cf shock towers. It took about ten days for them to come in from the UK.

http://www.akularacing.co.uk/portfolio/

Oopps I didn't see the other posts.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
Anybody in the states making cf towers? Now I know how the rest of the world feels.
Not that I know of, but Akula was good to deal with. A little different ordering process. You go to their site, and click the stuff you want, but instead of checking out, you just submit a request. Then the next day you get an invoice via Paypal to submit payment. After paying, the parts were here in less than a week. I got all four pieces and it converts to about $65 shipped.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

I posted a page or two back that DIGGITY DESIGNS here in the US of A is currently workng on a carbon rear tower for the 210. Waiting on the prototypes to show up for testing. And once I get him the ackerman plate, battery brace and front tower, those will be done as well.

Here >>>> http://www.diggitydesigns.com/D3_OffRoad_Products.html

Shoot him an email and let him know you're interested.

Last edited by hopsing; 12-01-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Tech Adept

1.3mm hex is the same as 0.050in
Old 12-02-2011, 12:16 AM
Tech Adept

The kit requires a 1.3, but it comes with the kit. Not like the DNX408 where you had to get one yourself.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanks for the info on the hex driver, any recommendation on tires? Is there anything else I need to buy before the kit comes that is not in the kit but is needed.

Does boiling the ball cups really prevent them from popping off and should I also boil the a arms. How long do you boil this stuff for? Thanks guys you are really great
Old 12-02-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Last question for a while guys...I have been waiting for 2+ weeks for the Durango and now the LHS says it will be another 2+ weeks. should I continue to wait for the Durango or should I go with the B4.1 with the +8 chassis? Is the Durango worth the wait...I ask because I haven't seen one run yet so I don't really know how good it is.

THanks guys
Old 12-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

thanks for the info on the hex driver, any recommendation on tires? Is there anything else I need to buy before the kit comes that is not in the kit but is needed.

Does boiling the ball cups really prevent them from popping off and should I also boil the a arms. How long do you boil this stuff for? Thanks guys you are really great

If you follow the build tips on Team Durango's site, you shouldnt have any issues with the ball cups....I dont and I didnt boil mine.

No, you do not need to boil the arms....absolutely no reason to.

Tires are dependent on your track, get what the fast guys run at your local track or wherever you're going to race it.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Last question for a while guys...I have been waiting for 2+ weeks for the Durango and now the LHS says it will be another 2+ weeks. should I continue to wait for the Durango or should I go with the B4.1 with the +8 chassis? Is the Durango worth the wait...I ask because I haven't seen one run yet so I don't really know how good it is.

THanks guys

I think its worth the wait.... the car is reall good on the track.

I usually like to try and support my LHS, but if you absolutely cant wait, A-Main hobbies has the DEX210 in stock. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Road-Buggy-Kit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.