Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th GT thread >

Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th GT thread

Like Tree11Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th GT thread

Old 10-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default XRAY Challenge at Gulf Coast Raceway in Porter, TX

Sweep Racing tires EXP 50s did it again !!!! Just came home from the 2011 XRAY Challenge at Gulf Coast Raceway in Porter, TX.

The qualifying rounds started Saturday. For the 1st qualifying round, air temp was about 61 degrees. Therefore I decided to put on a set of EXP 45s. With the 45s I was able to set the TQ pace for everyone else. Second qualifying round I had a little trouble with my brake fading thus finished 2nd but no one was able to set the new TQ pace. By the third round the air temp had reached 89 degrees with asphalt temp of 116 degrees. I went ahead and changed my tires to EXP 50s all around. The decision was the correct one. I was able to set a new TQ in the third qualifying round.

The 40 min. A Main started around 1pm in the afternoon on Sunday. The air temp was about 90 degrees at the start of the main. I wanted to try a set of 55s but I didn't have a set available at the time so I went ahead and used a set of 50s for the main. Before the start of the main I realized 50s might be little too soft for the 40 min long main so I knew tire temp control during the race will play an important role in the main. As it turned out I was correct. After 25 min. into the main my car started to push little bid going into the turns and started to drift little bid coming out of the corners. At that point I started to ease on the throttle at acceleration and simply roll the corners little more to take home the 1st place win. Although the 50s worked fine but I think 55s would have giving me few more extra laps at the end.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bombero
Hi everyone, Bassman2 that body and paint job is sick.I love it. When you get a chance let me know if it also comes for the GT2 and who I can order one from. Have fun at the race and good luck. Elvin C.
P.S. Am hurting in the east coast our season(outdoor)is completely over after blue diamond this weekend.
Hello Elvin,

The body I am currently using is for GT1s only. You can order them through IGT Hobbies: http://www.igthobbies.com/GT1-BODIES_c_203.html
Old 10-17-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up 3hours of TimeZone

Well we had a great time... AND we did not have to make a tire change.
The EXP 50's went for three hours and 496 laps!
That makes the total distance driven by our winning team over 91 miles, which is an average speed of over 30mph

The car ran non-stop and we never broke a part.. The OFNA was awsome and the Sweeps did it again!
Old 10-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sweep tires rock. Andy and Clete just proved it. They won the carpet sedan class here too. Good to see you boys up front and strong. Congrats on a great job.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Addict

Default Region 9 On Road Championship

Talking about just trying to finish the race........Man, what a race. My car literally rolled 50' to the finish line at the end of the race (1st gear went out). I had 5 flame outs on the track that caused me the top spot for the race. After the race I discovered the cause of those flame outs. The engine got lean due to fuel tank cap was jacked open after the 1st fuel stop. The fuel was gushing out as the engine got leaner and leaner. The brakes went away due to fuel splashing all over it. The strap that pulls the cap open was the root cause. Oh well, I had a blast regardless. My EXP 50s helped me TQ'd (I was the only one that hit 15 laps during the qualifiers) and finished 2nd overall. The 1st place winner, Eduardo also was on Sweeps EXP 50s for the entire 40 min.

Last edited by bassman2; 11-02-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

When it rains, it pours ....fuel out of the tank. Tough break , Andy. Sounds like once again you had the car to beat. Great job on the race , I will get away one day soon to mix it up with you guys.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

I would say.........Nov. 12th and 13th are great days to get away. You need a break from the Halloween party anyway
Old 11-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bassman2
Talking about just trying to finish the race........Man, what a race. My car literally rolled 50' to the finish line at the end of the race (1st gear went out). I had 5 flame outs on the track that caused me the top spot for the race. After the race I discovered the cause of those flame outs. The engine got lean due to fuel tank cap was jacked open after the 1st fuel stop. The fuel was gushing out as the engine got leaner and leaner. The brakes went away due to fuel splashing all over it. The strap that pulls the cap open was the root cause. Oh well, I had a blast regardless. My EXP 50s helped me TQ'd (I was the only one that hit 15 laps during the qualifiers) and finished 2nd overall. The 1st place finisher, Evarado also was on Sweeps EXP 50s for the entire 40 min.
Andy,

A heck of a race man! I enjoyed racing with you guys. I also had my share of problems...My motor flamed out each of the first two pit stops and lost second gear around lap 80, but managed to limp the car across the finish line. Pretty damned close racing with you for quite a few laps at some point in the race, it was fun. Here are the lap times for a play-by-play after race review.

Till next time!

Eduardo
Attached Files
File Type: pdf

Last edited by Erchur; 11-01-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

For Halloween, I had over 6000 people come to my house. It was insane. I do need a break after that.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by spooky 1
For Halloween, I had over 6000 people come to my house. It was insane. I do need a break after that.
Either you had some really good acid ... or your had a Séance
Old 11-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Default Sweep Racing Tires TQ'd, 1st, 2nd, and 4th at Region 9 On Road Championship in Rendon

Sweep EXPs TQ'd, 1st, 2nd and 4th at Region 9 Championship in Rendon, TX:

Old 11-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default GULF COAST GRAND PRIX MIKES HOBBY SHOP

My son and I went down and had a absolute blast last weekend with the GT Crew @ Mikes Hobby Shop. Thanks for all the Hospitality TEXAS style

My sons XRAY Debut in GT was alot of fun 2nd place for the 1st time out in our new ride was great.

Andy we might have to get that pepper spray for you on the drivers stand give us a chance

Might have a little somethin 4 u next time

SWEEP TIRES IS WHERE ITS AT.......
ALL 5 TOP SPOTS ON SWEEPS

Thanks again to Andy,Dee,Sean,Tony,Daniel and all the others that I didnt name just to much fun with so many peeps. See you all Very soon

Old 11-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

Default 2011 Gulf Coast Grand Prix

Here is another photo of the event.

I would like to give special thanks to Leon and his son Tadas for coming to this race from New Jersey. All I can say is that XRAY GT sure was light and fast on the track, great job on your great mechanical skills Leon and great driving Tadas . My teammate Tony from IGT Hobbies finished a strong 3rd, way to go Tony !!!!

Old 11-15-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Great shot Bass. Sorry I missed you guys.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Addict

You just can't beat the FUN FACTORs everytime we run on the Porter track !!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.