Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Island Raceway & Hobby, Deer Park, NY - New Indoor Dirt Off-Road Track in Long Island >

Island Raceway & Hobby, Deer Park, NY - New Indoor Dirt Off-Road Track in Long Island

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Island Raceway & Hobby, Deer Park, NY - New Indoor Dirt Off-Road Track in Long Island

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Default Li update

A basic website is now up. This is a generic first draft but has contact info. I've already received some calls from non-racers upset that LIR is no longer in business and glad to hear their son's will have a new place to go wiht cars they haven't been able to use. Hope this is a symbol of what's to come.

practice and racing prices have not been set yet but should be the the same or similar to LIR.

Don
Old 10-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kregger
Been pretty good. Yep I did the 24 hr race. The car even finished this time and we even had a cook. Its grueling but for some reason I keep coming back.
I know your pain... the car must not stop.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Tech Champion

Pumps topless....

Old 10-25-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Just saw the site, looks great. Don you have a PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Addict

Default LI update

I want to comment regarding parts and pricing. I will be very competitive with pricing regardless of loyalty. It would be nice if everyone simply buys from the track. I am new to this so everyone will have to be just a little patient as I get through my learning curve of what is desparately needed to be on the shelf at all times and what kits should also be in stock.

I would like your input regarding which kits and RTR's for common stock items. Today I sent a list of my kits, parts and optional equipment to Todd Anderson for review. Although he is very busy and I don't want to lean on him too much his guidance in this area will help me service you guys properly and quickly.

Initially, I will be carrying the :Losi22, RB5, AE4.1,Kyosho Ultima SC, AE-SC10, AE-SC104*4, Losi ten SCTE4*4, traxxas slash, Traxxas slash 4*4.

Anyone who wants a particular kit please call me or PM me and I'll get the kit for you.

If anyone has questions about an internet price simply give me the opportunity to match it or at least be competitive.

I also agree with some comments regarding Lipo batteries for $35. I myself purchased two lipo's for $40 each online. So far so good. Lets see how they work over time. I've heard good and bad about such batteries. Bad meaning they caught on fire. I will be carrying a few named brand lipo's for the hard core racer but I will be testing some less expensive batteries and possibly contract a company for an Island Raceway LIPO.

Remember I am here to make sure you guys are happy to be at Island Raceway and that you don't think twice about my pricing and availability. You need to be real happy to come to my facility without question. My success is your success.
FIVE (5) WEEKS TO RACING ON LONG ISLAND.
Don
Old 10-25-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Addict

Default LI update

One more comment. Neighbor Bill and several guys from LIR are all helping me to understand the shortfalls of that operation and how I can help make the new track a great experience. Everyone will have their chance to put in their 2 cents to help change the way things are run to the benefit of everyone.

FYI, after speaking with the most successful tracks in the US they all have one major thing in common..... rules. They have all stated that it is a "must" to have the track rules and regulations posted in the hobby shop, pit area and track area, but most importantly the owner,"me" needs to enforce the rules but the patrons "You guys" also need to help with enforcement. This way their will be respect from everyone. This will help the entire track experience.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (96%+)

Just wondering what classes you will be racing. Id like to get into racing.

Whats the website i can look at?

Also, what days are races?
Old 10-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I've received some PMs for the location of the website, etc. I've updated the first post of this thread to make it more visible.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Don you are in very good hands with neighbor bill. He is a modest guy but he really has a lot of experience.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default web site

http://www.islandraceway.com/Hobby_S...r_Park_NY.html

heres the web site
Old 10-26-2011, 06:45 AM
Tech Adept

thank you don for bringing back indoor racing been long awaited cant wait to run .......
Old 10-26-2011, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by li racer
Even more ready lol Attachment 823719
looking good nieghbor i can see your pumpd hahaha cant wait to run short course again indoors
Old 10-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

IMHO, lipos are lipos are lipos. I buy Venoms because that is what the LHSs and tracks carry and that is where I buy 90% of my stuff. I have noticed there are companies that will spec out lipos for a track and if you do a quick search of the forum and internet you will see tracks and shops are starting to do this. I do not see the problem with having some less expensive packs for sale at the LHS for racing, planes, and bashers. They would suit the club racing just fine.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

Not all lipos are the same, granted there is a point of diminishing returns on the cost but a nice quality pack will be worth the small extra cost. Orion,Reedy,Smc,xcelorin etc.. all great choices.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Not all lipos are the same, granted there is a point of diminishing returns on the cost but a nice quality pack will be worth the small extra cost. Orion,Reedy,Smc,xcelorin etc.. all great choices.
mans rite smc and reedy pack allday in my cars!!! i bought cheapo batteries from hobbyking and stuff they all puffed or stop taken charge and honestly after all stress and waiting 12 days for batteries its worth buying nice SMC pack for 45 bucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.