Wiki Posts
Search

2011 "IIC" INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS LAS VEGAS

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter
Dirla 5th place was DQ'ed for running a 13.5.
WTH kelly!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
WTH kelly!
Looks like the time has come where Motors get tech'd and selaed for the race.

Also it might be time to control the speed controls allowed in the no timing classes.

It kinda sucks when you spend a lot of your own money to race against people that are breaking the rules, which can directly affect your own personal outcome.

The race was great but it is clear to me that tighter rules are gonna be required moving forward to protect the innocent!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork

Also it might be time to control the speed controls allowed in the no timing classes.

It kinda sucks when you spend a lot of your own money to race against people that are breaking the rules, which can directly affect your own personal outcome.

The race was great but it is clear to me that tighter rules are gonna be required moving forward to protect the innocent!
What exactly is keeping everyone/everywhere from using only blinky for stock/Spec classes?

I mean if someone want's to go faster than the class their in move up to 13.5 or mod right...lol

Back in the white/blue endbell days people would actually put an allen wrench in the motor hole and vice grips on the spindle and crank it till the timing advanced or till the wires broke It was significantly faster.

Tired of cheaters or sandbagers

People should play fair or move up to the next class IMHO
Old 10-12-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

easy guys it was a honest mistake by kelly. He made a mistake and slipped the 13.5 into his 17.5 car. If he was really trying to cheat you would have thought he would have tried to hide it someway which he did not.

I think he was running the same car in both classe's i even gave him some ripping becuase he was practicing in the 13.5 class in my heat with a 17.5

Mike
Old 10-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock
easy guys it was a honest mistake by kelly. He made a mistake and slipped the 13.5 into his 17.5 car. If he was really trying to cheat you would have thought he would have tried to hide it someway which he did not.

I think he was running the same car in both classe's i even gave him some ripping becuase he was practicing in the 13.5 class in my heat with a 17.5

Mike
I'm not mad at the guy nor was I at that race I'm just saying why not all blinky then if another way to cheat comes up then control that too or simply move up a class

No offense to Kelly making a mistake. That happens
Old 10-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th
I'm not mad at the guy nor was I at that race I'm just saying why not all blinky then if another way to cheat comes up then control that too or simply move up a class

No offense to Kelly making a mistake. That happens
I am 100% for Blinky mode in all spec racing. This is the way it should be in my opinion. But being the devils advocate here , what do we do when some wiz kid or MFG makes software for one these speedo's and there is no other way to tech it other then a blinking light. I am more worried about this happeing then anything. Bring back the old days when stock was stock and mod was mod. :-)
Old 10-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock
I am 100% for Blinky mode in all spec racing. This is the way it should be in my opinion. But being the devils advocate here , what do we do when some wiz kid or MFG makes software for one these speedo's and there is no other way to tech it other then a blinking light. I am more worried about this happeing then anything. Bring back the old days when stock was stock and mod was mod. :-)
I totally agree there is probably a way to hack software that cheats in performance allowance but still blinks...lol

Maybe they should just have 17.5 Blinky and Mod or just one stock class and then just mod?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Addict

Scotty and Crew What a awesome race once again... Congrats!!!

I also want to give a shout out to the tech crew and workers who helped build the track, with all the late nights and early mornings , every time i went to tech they were smiling and having a great time .. Kudos to those guys for all the did......

Mike
Old 10-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th
I totally agree there is probably a way to hack software that cheats in performance allowance but still blinks...lol

Maybe they should just have 17.5 Blinky and Mod or just one stock class and then just mod?
I do not know the answer to this. But onroad has picked up in this region and everyone running spec classes are running blinky modes.. This should tell you something.

Only right now the big races have boosted.

As for cheating software or motors. What about a claim rule on the motor and speedo?? This would make a impact i bet.

Just a thought
Old 10-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork

I didnt hear about this till I got home but I am going to go out on a limb and say that Kelly probably didnt know about the motor. Ive known him for a long long time and its not something he would do on purpose. The end result is still the same but I highly doubt it was intentional on his part. 17.5 to a 13.5 is pretty blatant. That sounds like a screw up somewhere. If it was a 16.5 then I would tend to say its probably intentional somewhere along the lines.

Speedo's are another story. Bring back open classes to stop the speedo questions. Even if you go to a non programmable speedo they still have chips in them and can be programmed somewhere along the lines. Whos to stop that? No way to control it except handout speedo's or open timing.

EA
Old 10-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Stop worrying about something you cannot control. Nobody has managed to hack any esc software. There is far too much going on inside for this to make it worth while. I agree with EA though, simply boost and forget about it. If slow is what people want change the motor classes.

I agree with a simple stock class and a simple mod class. However currently we're going about it the wrong way in my opinion.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

Even if no one has hacked it the potential is still there...essentially that is what happened in paintball and eventually the sanctioning bodies had to pretty much make everything legal. Yes boosted is a bit complex for beginner drivers but with good pre-made profiles from the manufacturers that can negate a lot of that. When someone does finally hack the software there will not be a way to tech that. So if 17.5 boosted is too fast why not 21.5 boosted or 25.5 boosted for TC? 1/12th running 1 cell I think is going to need a different stock motor specification to prevent it from becoming too slow.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Ah, the day of the software engineer is now at front of the R/C line. Years ago, it was the guy with connections, then it was mechanical engineer that could build the best mousetrap, then it was the deep pocketed manf. buying A-list talent and now if the guy can write code - he is a threat to competition.

Grabbing at the wrong straws guys. Venture to say software controlled devices - including chargers and ESC's have long been the black art of R/C and possibly only practiced by the folks that build the hardware. Guess what, now people are building electronics for R/C with social engineering - just read the blogs. What was once only known by a few can now be done by anyone that can compile code or buy the right parts.

I dont think go run mod is the answer. Surely there are 'unobtainium' software releases and there will always be. It is the privilege of those that spend the dollars to R&D products that eventually becomes something we might be able to buy.

Years ago it was only the fast guys that could get horsepower - now you can buy great packs and more reliable power. Years ago, only the factory guys could get trick parts - now you can get great aftermarket hop-ups for almost any chassis.

IIC was a great race. I am not about to blame my lack of showing on not having what the guy next to me had. Blame is not enough practice, lack of execution and just drove it out of the back door. And perhaps the late night before

It was a great race and would not want to take away from the guys that executed well and consistently. Blackstock - you are the man. Glad to see it come back together.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Stop worrying about something you cannot control. Nobody has managed to hack any esc software. There is far too much going on inside for this to make it worth while.
Actually Ive heard from several people that there is an oval guy that hacked Mamba's software and sells it for 150.00. It will put timing in the blinky mode. Havent seen it for myself but the guys I heard if from are pretty reliable and both have the speedo's.

EA
Old 10-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Actually Ive heard from several people that there is an oval guy that hacked Mamba's software and sells it for 150.00. It will put timing in the blinky mode. Havent seen it for myself but the guys I heard if from are pretty reliable and both have the speedo's.

EA
That's pretty pathetic that they will go to that extreme to cheat in a spec class, just pathetic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.