Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to RC

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 07:17 PM
Tech Rookie

New to RC

Here's my problem, after several magazines, numerous online articles I have decided that for my first RC I would get an HPR Nitro road car. I don't know which one I want I'm torn between the RS4 RTR 3 or the SuperNitro RS4 RTR. I'd like to hear from everyone who has(present or previous owner) either or both, good or bad so I can make my final decision by this Friday, 4/12/02.
Old 04-08-2002, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

HPI makes good kits for the 1st timer I myself have a Super Nitro, I like it and its fun to drive takes a lot of work to make it race worthy, not to mention alot of $$$

I would say either one would be a good car but I think the firs thing I would replace would be the kit tires, not exactly the best of there line
Old 04-08-2002, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Well there is no racing class for the Hpi Super so I'd suggest you get the regualr sized one. When I started I got an RS4 RTR and actually raced it. Keep in mind I never actually planned on racing but the bug bit me and it will you too once you get into it. Pretty slow but that SS edition from HPI should be able to compete. Whether you win or not depends on you.
Old 04-09-2002, 04:07 AM
Tech Regular

I agree with the above. Like HAG, I have a super and $$$$ in the car Again chuck those "M" compund slicks that come with the kit. They really stink!!!!!!!!!!!! I recomended these to friends that wanted to start. They are a great starter kit and have good support. The MTX-2 is a good car, but the instructions lack a lot, epecially for a 1st timer. MHO