Search

MM Absolute or Sorex

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Addict

Default MM Absolute or Sorex

Hi there
Muchmore Absolute or Sorex on ashfelt
Which lasts longer, I assume grip is about the same. Price is similar(or near enough)
Absolute seems to be lower profile (??)

Cheers
Old 08-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I perfer the Sorexs. Ran MM at the Nats and found they were really good but Sorex's offer slightly better traction when compairing same temp tires.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Tried muchmore tires out last year and the grip was great, but the rims didn't last long enough for me to tell you if the tires last. Cracked them all with only a couple of runs on them from some corner taps and one good ricochet off a wall. I didn't buy any more of them after that.

Have they improved the plastic recently?
Old 08-26-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Love MuchMore's..

Same problem lots of cracked rims. From my experience the VPM tires are great (Tried them on recommendation) and last a LONG time with great grip.

+1 MuchMore VPM series
Old 08-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hello again locked haha. I have been using muchmore absolutes as a spec tire recently and have been very impressed. They have been lasting ages, have fantastic grip on carpet and so far no issues with rims. Give muchmore another chance, they might just prove to be great pre-mounts
Old 08-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The new batches of sorex seem to have wear issues where they wear out incredibly fast compared to the old versions.

Last edited by defcone; 08-26-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

I started out testing Muchmore Absolute 28* for a spec tire from my club on carpet and, after four meets I gave them to another member and have been using 32* for the last four meets and the seams are still visible. The 28* are still going strong after 6 meets and the 32* have plenty of life left in them. No rim issues at all. Maybe PVC & Vinyl Downspout are much more (LOL) forgiving on rims than other barriers but at our track they have been fantastic. Hopefully Tower has the V series in stock soon as they should be even better. I would not dismiss Muchmore Absolutes just yet.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default I stand corrected

Well it turns out the Muchmore wheels are not so good after all. At my track we have very forgiving vinyl downspout barriers and we have experienced no problems at all with Muchmore wheels BUT. I DESTROYED my wheels racing at an outdoor track with wood barriers today. Too bad because the tires are really good but the wheels aren't up to par.

Well looks like I need to find a new Spec tire for my club.

Note: wasn't that hard of a wall tap and the back of the wheel is cracked as well
Attached Thumbnails MM Absolute or Sorex-muchmore.jpg  
Old 08-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Muchmore tires are OK, rims are pure crap. Still an apples to oranges comparisson. Muchmore are closer to the grip and wear of "spec" tires, SOREX will always rate as top of the line premium tires.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Default sorex vs muchmores.

Hey 1101, I currently run sorex tyres on asphalt surfaces.
I have tried mm absolutes,sweeps, and sorex... I started with sorex and after many events I have settled with sorex.
At Hamilton, Tauranga and North Harbour tracks I have had excellent grip levels with the sorex tyre.
Currently through the winter, in Hamilton I an running 20s, and in the past summer i ran 24s and 28s.
I hope this helps. ...... oh and at the 2011 international and the nats - both at north Harbour.i ran 24s .yes 24s in the hot summer. but does depend on your setup and driving style.
Dave
Old 08-29-2011, 01:17 AM
Tech Regular

Well it turns out the Muchmore wheels are not so good after all.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Much More tires seem to be good but their rims are very brittle and tend to crack a lot.
Could always try mounting them on "Sweep" rims as they seems to be a little more flexible and don't crack.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by davenz
Currently through the winter, in Hamilton I an running 20s, and in the past summer i ran 24s and 28s.
I hope this helps. ...... oh and at the 2011 international and the nats - both at north Harbour.i ran 24s .yes 24s in the hot summer. but does depend on your setup and driving style.
Dave
Hi dave
I used 20's for the 1st time 2 weeks ago at Nth Harbour, they worked incredibly well, but have quite a bit of wear after just the one race day.
I might get some MM 20's & compare them.

Some guys were running 40's at the NH International & Nats.
Doesnt the grip dissapear if the tyre gets too hot ?? or just old wives tale ??
Old 08-29-2011, 03:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1101
Hi dave
I used 20's for the 1st time 2 weeks ago at Nth Harbour, they worked incredibly well, but have quite a bit of wear after just the one race day.
I might get some MM 20's & compare them.

Some guys were running 40's at the NH International & Nats.
Doesnt the grip dissapear if the tyre gets too hot ?? or just old wives tale ??
Hi
I think the wear really depend on the shore of your tyres, we use 36 Sorex here (hot weather) and they perform very well and last way better than SWEEP 36.

The lower the number on tyre the lower the track temp, so if I use SOREX 28 in hot weather, I will get more wear due to much more grip and even roll the car, you can actually hear the screetch of tyres (fun)

We get our SOREX 36 on Schumacher wheels which are very sturdy.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:58 AM
Tech Champion

Muchmore VPM's will yield a faster car on most tracks, not always every track. MM's wear faster typically but this depends on how well you are using your rubber. Sorex are far better to drive on meet after meet than MM's which become quite "loose" as they wear. Also premount MM rims are hard so break easy. The MM tyres need a hard type rim to perform and are easily slower than Sorex on a soft rim. Sorex works on all rims hard or soft.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.