Endurance Motor

Old 06-17-2004, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How bout and asian stock arm (23t) in a mod can with low timing? I've been thinking on building a 1 hour enduro motor for our track if we ever did an enduro race we talk about. I've also thought about a nice efficient 12x2 wit moddest timing.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by KilRuf
How bout and asian stock arm (23t) in a mod can with low timing? I've been thinking on building a 1 hour enduro motor for our track if we ever did an enduro race we talk about. I've also thought about a nice efficient 12x2 wit moddest timing.
23T stock arm sounds safer IMO... The main stuff I'm worried about is temp, comm and brush wear... I do not want to have to change a motor during the race.

Reasonable speed is also a plus.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:54 PM
Tech Legend

Reedy quad kr can
Reedy endbell > modified endbell for a laydown brush on positive,
a *standup* brush on negitive
brush type > use orion enduro
p2k arm
timing 5 degree
standard brush springs
gear for runtime ( a tooth or two smaller than normal )

Will last 9hr <>10hr

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 06-17-2004 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone got experience with V2 endbells on other motors?
Old 06-17-2004, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

I think the winning car for the Tamiya spring enduro (4 hours) uses a brushless set up.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:17 AM
tornado

Hey Entropy ...... do they restrict brushless motor for this enduro ?
If not....use it....your problem solved...else.... you could try wild cherry's idea. I've yet to try a motor with V2 endbell......

Old 06-18-2004, 12:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by tornado
Hey Entropy ...... do they restrict brushless motor for this enduro ?
If not....use it....your problem solved...else.... you could try wild cherry's idea. I've yet to try a motor with V2 endbell......
I don't think so, but the weather is warm where I live (can get 30+ degrees celcius) in the day and I've personally seen some thermal shutdown cases in open races here. Even with fans on the ESC and BL.

I do have a Novak BL at my disposal should it be needed...
Old 06-18-2004, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Entropy
I don't think so, but the weather is warm where I live (can get 30+ degrees celcius) in the day and I've personally seen some thermal shutdown cases in open races here. Even with fans on the ESC and BL.

There certainly was that at the Tamiya enduro I heard. I don't know enough about brushless but I imagine that they should run cooler without the brush and give you longer run time.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:30 AM
tornado

Originally posted by Entropy

Hmmm..... I'm from Kuala Lumpur.....we experience the same weather .....yeah ...Novak has the thermal shutdown problem... well I guess building a stock motor (23T) with a modified can and endbell is ur answer. I've read 'bout the V2 endbells improving motors performance and durability....mine is on the way ..... so unable to help you on this for now. Wild Cherry's idea looks promising.

Old 06-18-2004, 12:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by tornado
Hmmm..... I'm from Kuala Lumpur.....we experience the same weather .....yeah ...Novak has the thermal shutdown problem... well I guess building a stock motor (23T) with a modified can and endbell is ur answer. I've read 'bout the V2 endbells improving motors performance and durability....mine is on the way ..... so unable to help you on this for now. Wild Cherry's idea looks promising.
Yeah, will prob follow Wild Cherry's idea but prob substitute a V2 endbell and orion enduros.

thanks

I'm still open to other ideas on how to keep motors cool and running in top condition during the short pitstops.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:39 AM
tornado

Try putting a little fan blasting at the endbell. That helps a lot.

Old 06-18-2004, 12:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

heatsink, airscope, fan
Old 06-18-2004, 12:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Idea

Wonder if anyone has tried ducting on RC cars before... kinda like the side intakes of some sports cars... since this ain't a race of speed.. aerodynamics won't matter as much...
Old 06-18-2004, 02:52 AM
tornado

wot car you're driving ?

Old 06-18-2004, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

I ran a Novak brushless in a 45 minute enduro with great sucess (2nd place). It was in a pan car but there were others with TCs that worked good too. We did have a small CPU fan in front of the esc to help keep the temp down.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.