Mugen MTX-2

Old 03-27-2002, 06:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by hurhur

ah10,
without modification to the prospec, can we mount 32mm to the rear without rubbing? if i heck about the width of the car that is.
you can only put yokomo 32 rim as yoke has 2mm offset on it
Old 03-29-2002, 10:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Pinion Gears

Does anyone know if pinion gears from other brands such as Yokomo, or Serpent will fit the mtx-2. I need to buy 5 pinion gears and if I were to buy the mugen ones it would cost me $80.
What's a good place to buy these?

Thanks.
Old 03-29-2002, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Pinion Gears

Kool

Yokomo pinions will fit. I don't think Serpent ones will, though. The threads look different as I recall.
Old 03-29-2002, 11:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by ketchup_gsr
Thanks for the help Ah10, Motorman and Siokoy. I'll try the gearing and the tire setup that i've read about. Well I hear that 260 is hot too. But I'll try it out. For the nova based engines, how long will it last if you run it that hot? I know i killed a previous OS CVR when i ran it that hot. The sleeve and piston took the brunt of the damage, and after a couple runs, there was almost no compression. (When I was new .. newer, to the hobby)
Is the negative rear diff that much help with the front one way. The prospec has the one way and rear diff, which i'm using, and I'm hearing all these set up problems with it. Just a question from a poor college student, who'd rather eat...

Thanks

Eat... Race... Eat... Race...
ah... questions...

Oh yes it helps a lot!!! using negative diff for the prospec will lessen your oversteer! Specially running on a hi-speed track.

For Nova based engines i know the limit for the stock novarossi engine like the MEGA, MT12 can have a maximum of 240 F exceeding those temps will cause *&#$#@$^%&^%#.....
Old 03-29-2002, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: OK MAKE IT CLEAR!!

Originally posted by Cartman
OKyou guys go on about 3 degress but on the Hudy board is the 3 each side or 1.5 each side 3 as total??
I'm picking alot of good tips up from you guys so keep the exellent info flowing!!
One last thing...........IS the Negative Diff ok for rubber tyre's?
Yes the kawahara negative diff is ok for rubber tyres.
Old 03-29-2002, 12:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default RE DIFF

Thanks Siokoy
What differance will i notice??
Old 03-29-2002, 12:35 PM
Tech Rookie

pinions

well if anyone knows where to get pinion and spurs for cheap... please post it. I've spent over 50 on two of each of those.. and i'm not sure if i'm going to keep them

speedtech sent me like i think MRX ones for me, and they seemed to fit, thought the 22T was a little larger.
Old 03-29-2002, 12:39 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks for the info, siokoy, about the neg diff. I still don't want to cough up 90+ dollars for it just yet. I got myself new tires, according to AH10's specs. 26 in the front and 32 in the rear. Fits fine on my prospec. hopefully this weekend it'll run better, with AH10's help.

I'm still kinda hesitant to run it at 240+. Should you do a compression test when the engine's dry or when it has some oil (after run oil)
Old 03-29-2002, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by ketchup_gsr
pinions

well if anyone knows where to get pinion and spurs for cheap... please post it. I've spent over 50 on two of each of those.. and i'm not sure if i'm going to keep them

speedtech sent me like i think MRX ones for me, and they seemed to fit, thought the 22T was a little larger.
Actually the centax clutch set used on the prospec is the same one used on the mrx so all the clutch parts will be mrx
Old 03-29-2002, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

Default Gear set up

This is to all the guy here that run on a 1/8 scale size track using these 18/22 setup or close to it. I was wondering if your engines are topping out on the straights with these tall gearing?? Or are they still pulling but you have to back off for the corner ahead. I felt that a 17/21 setup felt a little sluggish on the car and i would have to have a hell of a long straight to gain any advantage of running such tall gears. How are ya'll clutches setup. What more did ya'll do to gain an advantage besides gearing?
Old 03-29-2002, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

ah 10: I would like to get a copy of the setup also I have a set of rubber tires and a set of foams to try.

Tire question: I just finished the prospec today, just did my first 2 tanks and laying out my paint job for the body. The kit includes single purple and double purple. Any idea what shore these are and how they stack up against ellegi or yoks'??

Rollout: Has anyone crunched the rollout for the car? Using foams that wear down will effect the rollout and gear ratio's. I forgot the formula to calculate rollout.

Can you tell I am one of those anal engineers that likes to calculate stuff
Old 03-29-2002, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by RC Nitro
ah 10: I would like to get a copy of the setup also I have a set of rubber tires and a set of foams to try.

Tire question: I just finished the prospec today, just did my first 2 tanks and laying out my paint job for the body. The kit includes single purple and double purple. Any idea what shore these are and how they stack up against ellegi or yoks'??

Rollout: Has anyone crunched the rollout for the car? Using foams that wear down will effect the rollout and gear ratio's. I forgot the formula to calculate rollout.

Can you tell I am one of those anal engineers that likes to calculate stuff
I am working on my set up sheet once I finish I will forward it to you!

Purple is 40sh, double purple is 45shore!
Old 03-29-2002, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Gear set up

Originally posted by VinDollar
This is to all the guy here that run on a 1/8 scale size track using these 18/22 setup or close to it. I was wondering if your engines are topping out on the straights with these tall gearing?? Or are they still pulling but you have to back off for the corner ahead. I felt that a 17/21 setup felt a little sluggish on the car and i would have to have a hell of a long straight to gain any advantage of running such tall gears. How are ya'll clutches setup. What more did ya'll do to gain an advantage besides gearing?
This is a very hard to answer question! really depends on what kind of engine you are running, clutch set up and such!

Yes my engine is maxed out at the end of the straight! the track that I am running has a 200' straight plus a good 50' right sweeper before the straight so that would make it a total of 250' for the engine and gearing get up to the top speed!
by the way I am using RBX12T 5port engine, man this is a beast! it screams!
Old 03-30-2002, 02:05 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Onroad Electric and Nitro "State Championships" May 4th @ Small Cars Unlimited.

Last edited by webspinner; 03-30-2002 at 02:29 AM.
Old 03-30-2002, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Ah10

I am working on my set up sheet once I finish I will forward it to you!

Thanks very much! It will be greatly appreciated
Purple is 40sh, double purple is 45shore!
Thanks again!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.