Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rick's Hobby Farm 2011 Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I know most places will run a class as long as 3 or 4 of those particular vehicles show, but not 100% for the club races at Rick's.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

As for the 2wd class, there will be one as long as there are a min of 3 there. gas or nitro.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

Went out last night, had some fun, and put some laps in.

Couple of questions...

For the racing this weekend, I'm assuming the water system will be up and running again? We wanted to throw some water down for practice last night, but I was told it wasn't working?

Any plans to spiff up the track at all? Quite a few weeds on the track, the double in front of the drivers stand is quite difficult to clear without a BIG run at it (looks like the weather has worn it down quite a bit), and some of the track tubes are loose/dislodged.

Just a couple of things we noticed. Definitely not deal-breakers (well, the water situation could be if it isn't working), but there's some opportunity for improvement.

See ya Saturday.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default what the ...

How is this in the "IMPORTANT" section when we can't get an answer from the group out there?
Old 05-26-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zach Peterson
How is this in the "IMPORTANT" section when we can't get an answer from the group out there?
Maybe try their Forum on the RHF site?

It has been less the 24hrs since the questions were asked.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Loaner transponders

Generally, at Rick's HF club races, are loaner transponders available, and specifically, at the club race tomorrow, will loaner transponders be available?
Old 05-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The water system should be up and running for the race. Not a 100% sure on that though.

As for the weeds and that, they may need to be pulled out in the morning as I highly doubt anyone has gotten out there to do it yet. Also, if you are out running, don't be afraid to pull out a few here and there. As the track is open to the public, and free to use. We just ask for a little help here and there if you can.

The track will be redone in June with a whole new layout. So not goona do to much to the track now as it would kinda be a waste seeing as how it will all get ripped up here in a few weeks.

As for the transponders, there may be a couple of loaners here and there. But if not, don't worry, we can hand count. Also will be trying out a new software this weekend that does it for us.

Any other questions, just ask away.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Does Ricks have s hobby shop? My little boys T4 needs a steering servo before he can race. If not, does anyone going there have an extra I could buy? Thanks.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zach Peterson
Here is your answer: The watering system is not broken. It was drained and disconnected for the winter. With all the rain and bad weather we've had in the last 2 months, there was no need to bother watering it as it received plenty from mother nature. As for the condition of the track, it was decided a while back that it would leveled and a new layout would be done after the first race so that would be the beginning of june. As Still stated, it is pointless doing major work to it now when we are going to redo the whole thing. Instead of sitting at home and playing keyboard cowboy, please stop bashing the place on this and other forums and show up to help or find another track which is open all day 7 days a week and free of charge to use. Thank you
Old 05-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Addict

Default you have me confused

I didn't ask that question, I asked about the important section. noone is bashing, just trying to understand what is going on, when we were informed that the track was ready to go we were a little shocked by the state of the track. I have put in more than my fair share of help out there, thanks.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

So did anybody actually go to Ricks this weekend? How did the track look? We were planning on going, but after hearing that they had no intention of taking care of the track simply because they were planning a facelift next month we decided to stay home and head to Tea's next weekend.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I didn't go. I had two unrelated but conflicting choices of things to do on Sat and decided against Rick's because of the weather forecast. I didn't decide against Rick's because of track maintenance issues.

No where in their responses did I get the sense that they had "no intention of taking care of the track". On the contrary, I got the impression that it would be in reasonable shape for the race. They did say that there was no point in doing "major work", but my impression from that comment was that they were not going to resculpt jumps and/or move a lot of dirt around. Pulling weeds, resecuring tubes, raking, and other things that volunteers or particpants might do to get the track ready I assumed would happen. Many hands make light work, and I wasn't there so I don't know what happened, but I hope others didn't stay away because of this issue.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

No Miller, Rick's does not have a hobby shop. 4 or 5 showed up so we did not have enough to have a race. The track has some issues but we drove it most of the day and some went out there today. We are changing the track on June 18 so we are not going to put hours and hours into the track just to level it in the near future. We will have it ready for some great racing and I think the new track will make people smile.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

Default expectations

Bryan, I think your group needs to post some pics of actuall state of track. I know we have had a little rain this past few weeks, but that is not what is needed for daily track use. I think your opurtunity comes from checking out some other tracks and understand "What Good Looks Like" so that people are not suprised when they arrive. I will be out there today to do a couple laps, if I remember I will snap some shots.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

I was unaware that all the tracks post pics of their tracks to show track conditions Zach. We do plan on posting pics of the track once it is rebuilt. It is a little rough right now but we elected not to puts hours and hours into a track that is getting leveled on June 18. Thanks FLH, you seem to just want to build up things and not tear them down. The watering system is not broken, we have had so much rain this spring that we have had some mud issues instead of dry issues. We run open classes and it's more of a run what you brung format. We are in it to have fun and help new people to the hobby, not chase them away. At this time we don't have a race system other then the Robitronic system. If there are enough people with Robitronics transponders, we will set that system up. Otherwise we will be hand counting for now. I am sorry I haven't responded to these questions sooner, I am new at racing and I was spending time trying to get ready for the season, besides lifes everyday work and family things. I hope to see people out at Rick's and plan to learn quickly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.