Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Old 05-21-2004, 11:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

cool. I had to break out the ole Pit Wizard to program two cars. I havent run Cyclones in a long tme-but it sure is nice to custom program the drive freq and initial throttle and deadband!!

Ray
Old 05-21-2004, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Thought you guys might like to know that our Pro4 one way gear brace is now in stock! Troy has been running the plate since the first week in April on an indoor track with hard wood lane boarders and has not broken a gear since he installed our plate. Thanks again Troy for the great testing!
Old 05-21-2004, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

I might be interested in the Twister. You say its programable on a pc. Will it hook up to a personal computer at home?

Ben, thats great. Means mine will be here before next weekend!!!
Old 05-21-2004, 11:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Doug Gaut
I might be interested in the Twister. You say its programable on a pc. Will it hook up to a personal computer at home?

Ben, thats great. Means mine will be here before next weekend!!!
sale is pending... let you know if it doesn't go through...

yes you can program via PC... but you'll need to purchase the PC cable from KO. the software you can download from the KO website and see exactly how the program works...

You can download the program:

http://www.kopropo.com/VFS_MGR.EXE

Last edited by rc-zombies; 05-21-2004 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-21-2004, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know if the program for the KO is Mac Compatible.
Crash. I might in the Market for a new one this fall.

I am still using my Original Novak Mil. Not even a pro. LOL
Heck my cyclone TC is so old it has the Brake Light Circutry.
Fits good in my Pro4. Alot better then the GT7.

Plate should be here next week. Cool.
Old 05-21-2004, 05:03 PM
Tech Adept

E-
Do you guys like the MIP's or the Universals that are on the Japan site. Part #75183

Has anyone tried these yet? I've gone through 1 dog bone and a freind has gone through 2. We have been ripping the pin hole out of the cup end of the cvd. I had this style on my EVO II SE and they were great!

I also havn't had a chance this week to post my setup from this last weekend on asphalt. From the box setup these are the changes.

-front and rear inner camber link down to 2mm spacers.
-no sway bar
-45 wt w/ # 1 pistons infront
-40 wt W/ # 1 pistons in rear
-sorex 32s in front with Blue HPI inserts
-sorex 28s in rear with Red HPI inserts
-4.5mm ride height in front with 2mm of lift
-5 mm ride height in rear with 2mm of lift
-no center brace

The track we run on here in Michigan is medium bite with pop sprayed down for a little extra traction. It's not a parking lot so it's flat and there is no oil and paint lines on the track. I still have a left turn issue, but I think it's because the car is setup the same all the way around. Most of the right hand turns are high speed. Don't get me wrong here the car is almost completely dialed. I TQed by a whole lap over the 30 car field. I bettered all the current track records this week by a lap just going from the DHI setup back to the modified stock setup. And also lowered the fastest lap buy .3 seconds. Thats HUGH in 5 minutes.

-Derek
Old 05-21-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by Downforce
E-
I also haven't had a chance this week to post my setup from this last weekend on asphalt. From the box setup these are the changes.

-front and rear inner camber link down to 2mm spacers.
-no sway bar
-45 wt w/ # 1 pistons infront
-40 wt W/ # 1 pistons in rear
-sorex 32s in front with Blue HPI inserts
-sorex 28s in rear with Red HPI inserts
-4.5mm ride height in front with 2mm of lift
-5 mm ride height in rear with 2mm of lift
-no center brace

The track we run on here in Michigan is medium bite with pop sprayed down for a little extra traction. It's not a parking lot so it's flat and there is no oil and paint lines on the track. I still have a left turn issue, but I think it's because the car is setup the same all the way around. Most of the right hand turns are high speed. Don't get me wrong here the car is almost completely dialed. I TQed by a whole lap over the 30 car field. I bettered all the current track records this week by a lap just going from the DHI setup back to the modified stock setup. And also lowered the fastest lap buy .3 seconds. Thats HUGH in 5 minutes.

-Derek
Hey Derek,

When you say no sway bar did you mean both front and rear?

Also, when you say "2mm of lift" for the front and rear are you referring to droop?

Thanks, Mike
Old 05-21-2004, 05:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Michal101
Hey Derek,

When you say no sway bar did you mean both front and rear?

Also, when you say "2mm of lift" for the front and rear are you referring to droop?

Thanks, Mike
Yes no sway bars front and rear.

Droop...lift, it's the same thing but measured at a different location on the car. I'm sure you know droop is off the bottom of the arm out near the outer hinge pin. And lift is off the bottom of the chassis when you "lift" it up and the tires leave the ground. The difference from the ride height and when they leave the ground.
Old 05-21-2004, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yes no sway bars front and rear.

Droop...lift, it's the same thing but measured at a different location on the car. I'm sure you know droop is off the bottom of the arm out near the outer hinge pin. And lift is off the bottom of the chassis when you "lift" it up and the tires leave the ground. The difference from the ride height and when they leave the ground.
Derek,

I appreciate it and I will try your set up since I have been running the basic kit set up with a little more front camber, no rear sway bar and no chassis stiffener, but the car seems somewhat lazy if that makes sense.

Thanks, Mike
Old 05-21-2004, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I bettered all the current track records this week by a lap just going from the DHI setup back to the modified stock setup. And also lowered the fastest lap buy .3 seconds. Thats HUGH in 5 minutes.

-Derek
Derek-you da man!! Way to go!!

Ray
Old 05-21-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

VFS ESC testing

I have installed the KO VFS esc in my Pro4 with 23T racing and use the KO setting adapter to change to Hara 23T setting, after that the VFS esc can let me felt very punch in low speed and very smooth in high speed. It is the most powerful in my all ESC.
Old 05-22-2004, 08:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Michal101
Derek,

I appreciate it and I will try your set up since I have been running the basic kit set up with a little more front camber, no rear sway bar and no chassis stiffener, but the car seems somewhat lazy if that makes sense.

Thanks, Mike
Opps! I forgot to mention the 2 degree rear pivot block also.

Derek
Old 05-22-2004, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Default Pro-4 Set-up changes

Guys;

What changes have People made for running on LOW bite Asphalt tracks? Right now the kit setting is way too loose for these type of conditions.

Has anyone experimented with the front Hinge Pin angles to tame the steering down a bit?

Also for those of you that have tried it. How much Anti-Dive (spacers) are you using in the Front?

Thanks to all,

Steven
Old 05-22-2004, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I am also searching for rear traction on low bite asphalt.I have the front turning well so I am happy there.Any advice is truly welcome...Other than that I have run the car 6 or 7 times without breaking anything.I stocked up on spares and have not needed anything.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

3 degree rear toe should be good for low traction.
I guess you can try taking the sway bar off and maybe changing to softer spring on the rear shocks.

As far as antidive and antisquat, I haven't experiment with those yet. I just run the stock settings as far as pivotblock spacers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.