Search
Like Tree3Likes

BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 04:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Carpet....I like the AMR12 or the Speed 8HD LW.

Asphalt...I don't run on asphalt with 1/12th. If we had a class I would....
i like the amr and speed 8 exp never tried the 8hd,hate the speed 12 lw
Old 03-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

for carpet my body of choice is the amr-12. will be doing some outdoor soon and will play around with some more bodies and see if the amr-12 is still the fav.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

To me it really depends on the grip levels, I only have access to one carpet track and its next to an indoor off-road track. So the carpet is constently dusty and the grip is low, thus I really like the speed 8hd, second choice is the speed 12, if you have med+ grip levels then the AMR 12 will be good. For asphalt my choice was the speed 12 but no asphalt now so I have'nt been able to try out the AMR.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE

you guys arent lucky enough to see what i get to see
pictures pictures pictures!
Old 03-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yeah, we are always messing around trying new things. This is how we move forward and continue bringing new innovations to Pan Cars.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by pmes
pictures pictures pictures!
only the ones i see with my eyes are the ones taken
Old 03-19-2011, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by protc3
Yeah, we are always messing around trying new things. This is how we move forward and continue bringing new innovations to Pan Cars.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Last edited by dzstr; 04-07-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

I had a much better race day with my CH12 yesterday I still think I need a tire change to pink rear 2X pink front but the car was very close. It had a tendency to lose grip on a couple of the right hand corners so I need to take another look at the balance. But overall the car was pretty decent. I ran the servo flat and on the left side of the chassis and really liked how much smoother the car felt. I also ended up decreasing the amount of caster I was running and that helped as well. I found an interesting thing with my shock...when getting the car ready I ran out of time to rebuild the shock so I just set the rear droop with the shock as it was. When setting the droop I noticed I had near 3mm of rear droop which I'm sure didn't help handling either. So I removed the washers I use on the threaded part of the shock to set shock length and set the car to the right droop. Then later in the race day I got a chance to rebuild the shock and ended up having to put the washers back in to get the right shock length. The only thing I can think of is that I am not always getting the bottom part of the shock back on the shaft the same way length every time. So just a word to the wise...if you are going to do spring changes or shock rebuilds...make sure your overall shock length hasn't changed!

Also I got to compare running my o-ring mod on the front to not running it. Sometime during my 2nd run the o-ring broke and I didn't even notice. Cut the other o-ring off and ran the rest of the day without them and the car felt the same so it appears there is no detrimental effects that I could detect. As for beneficial effects...well the droop in the front was actual arm movement now instead of play in the pivot balls. I'm not sure if that is worth it or not though. Hopefully I can do some more testing next race.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey InspGadet,

Its been awhile since I've been in this thread. for your Front end Mod would you consider making a front sway bar? just a thought.

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I had a much better race day with my CH12 yesterday I still think I need a tire change to pink rear 2X pink front but the car was very close. It had a tendency to lose grip on a couple of the right hand corners so I need to take another look at the balance. But overall the car was pretty decent. I ran the servo flat and on the left side of the chassis and really liked how much smoother the car felt. I also ended up decreasing the amount of caster I was running and that helped as well. I found an interesting thing with my shock...when getting the car ready I ran out of time to rebuild the shock so I just set the rear droop with the shock as it was. When setting the droop I noticed I had near 3mm of rear droop which I'm sure didn't help handling either. So I removed the washers I use on the threaded part of the shock to set shock length and set the car to the right droop. Then later in the race day I got a chance to rebuild the shock and ended up having to put the washers back in to get the right shock length. The only thing I can think of is that I am not always getting the bottom part of the shock back on the shaft the same way length every time. So just a word to the wise...if you are going to do spring changes or shock rebuilds...make sure your overall shock length hasn't changed!

Also I got to compare running my o-ring mod on the front to not running it. Sometime during my 2nd run the o-ring broke and I didn't even notice. Cut the other o-ring off and ran the rest of the day without them and the car felt the same so it appears there is no detrimental effects that I could detect. As for beneficial effects...well the droop in the front was actual arm movement now instead of play in the pivot balls. I'm not sure if that is worth it or not though. Hopefully I can do some more testing next race.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Tech Champion

The o-ring mod I did was simply to put tension between the upper and lower arms. The idea behing it is to hold them together tight enough that it takes the play out of the pivot balls so that I can more precisely adjust droop, toe, and camber.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:31 PM
H I
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
Hey guys,

We are going to be replacing our hooded sweatshirts with black ones and with the new logo color similar to the new T shirts.
Any news on new sweatshirts?
It's getting bit cold down here.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

How much of a gap is everyone running between the uptravel limiters and the lower arm?
Old 04-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Lord

around 1.5mm i did mine to were the chassis doesent hit the ground
Old 04-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

all i have been doing is hold the front end down so the chassis is touching the set-up board then i adjust the limiters till they touch the arms.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.