Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Worlds DVD - LiveRC >

Worlds DVD - LiveRC

Worlds DVD - LiveRC

Old 02-08-2011, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

here is the fact... if someone feels like they have been wronged... then so be it... let them voice... you coming on here and trying to be-little them is not the answer.....

yes i saw his response and even got an email after i forward it to Eric.. he probably contacted brandon... the point of my post was to really let you understand that it is some ones right to be upset if a product was not delivered thats all.. especially one that is paid for...

as for me .. i will say it again.... i have always supported live rc and will continue to do so. (seeing that you missed this in my previous posts i will highlight for you)...... these comments will only make them a better company in the future... its called growing pains...

peace out..
Old 02-08-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lars Johnson
I could be wrong, but it looks like Brandon updated everyone on this thread yesterday, here's a link if you need it. Fortunately the world doesn't revolve around RCTech (though some may beg to differ) - so the fact that he came in here and posted an update should say a lot. Seems to me that some are still missing that...

He could always shut down the operation, and we could go back to the days of magazine "coverage" - a 1.5 page article with 4 pictures and top-3 results, 42 months after the fact, wedged between 10 page reviews of the Savage 4.6 and monster truck top-speed tests.

OR, we could count our blessings that some dude from Wisconsin spends his spare time providing a live window for anyone, anywhere, to view the racing side of our little hobby/sport, real time.
Again, missing the entire point.

Let's do a comparison. Say you go into Gamestop and pre order a Xbox for your child. You're given a release date, and it doesn't come in on that release date. When you go to pick it up, the store is closed, then you call microsoft, no one answers the phone.

Now that is in your head. Lets look at this. People pre ordered a DVD from LiveRC. They were given a release date and it didn't come in. Well, we can't exactly go to the store where we ordered it from, and I believe this whole argument is about people E-Mailing them with no response (think calling microsoft) so where is the next best thing to complain and seek answers. RCTECH!!!

Again, for me, it's not about the wait, it's about the lack of communication. So you guys can keep talking about how they're busy and a 2 man show, but you will never convince me that is an appropriate excuse for poor communication.

Again, simple fix, get someone to take care of customer relations.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boomgagem
so where is the next best thing to complain and seek answers. RCTECH!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

While that may be funny to you, it's the truth isn't it? I mean, where else can people go to complain about something RC related, and be heard? E-Mailing the company would be my first choice, but apparently that didn't work in this situation.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

I for one would like to thank Brandon for bringing us Live RC!!! Keep up the good work fellas!!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

But I want my DVD now
Old 02-08-2011, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Look! There's a rock floating in the water!!!! Is that funny?!??!?!??!!?
Old 02-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boomgagem
While that may be funny to you, it's the truth isn't it?
Sure - if you think that Brandon is contractually obligated to root around RCTech for any post related to LiveRC, and post replies on an hourly basis.

But....he's probably not, and RCTech has become the hotbed for people to complain that the throttle in their Modded VSpec stuck wide open in their brand new Durango, and it broke in half when it hit the garage door at full speed. And they want a refund.

I understand what you are saying about time frame. However he explained the delay, and the steps he is taking to resolve. He does not need waste his time posting in here - but he did. And gave a very detailed and balanced explanation for everyone.

Just because some company reps choose to use RCTech as a communication source, does not mean that all companies follow suit.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Sure - if you think that Brandon is contractually obligated to root around RCTech for any post related to LiveRC, and post replies on an hourly basis.

But....he's probably not, and RCTech has become the hotbed for people to complain that the throttle in their Modded VSpec stuck wide open in their brand new Durango, and it broke in half when it hit the garage door at full speed. And they want a refund.

I understand what you are saying about time frame. However he explained the delay, and the steps he is taking to resolve. He does not need waste his time posting in here - but he did. And gave a very detailed and balanced explanation for everyone.

Just because some company reps choose to use RCTech as a communication source, does not mean that all companies follow suit.
No you are absolutely right. But most companies, big or small will respond to E-Mails. Again, don't take what I say as anything related to Brandon personally. I think they need to have someone to handle all customer relations, and this whole thread could have been avoided. And I don't think the people posting in this thread posted with the intention of calling Brandon out or expecting him to post here every day. They just wanted answers, and rightfully so. And from what I understand, most of them tried E-Mailing, and handling it outside of tech.

I know, I saw Brandons post to clear everything up. The debate now is because a couple of you guys are here belittling everyone that had a gripe, and it's not right. Paying customers have the right to complain when what they purchased is missing, and so is the customer service, that is all I'm trying to say.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Paying customers also have a right to pay for the desired service elsewhere. If you are truly unhappy with how live RC treats you or responds to your emails you can go sign up at the other live scoring website.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chris Peralta
Paying customers also have a right to pay for the desired service elsewhere. If you are truly unhappy with how live RC treats you or responds to your emails you can go sign up at the other live scoring website.
Again, correct. Although it was mentioned earlier that LiveRC, at the moment, have pretty much a monopoly when it comes to live RC scoring/video. So that is out of the question isn't it?

So does that mean that it's ok for LiveRC to ignore (I KNOW they are busy) customers who purchased a product with them?
Old 02-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

When you say Monopoly I can't help but think that they must be rakin in the cash and driving BMW's on the money live RC makes for them. Live RC is the only site we have around here to do this, but they did not start Live RC to be a monopoly, they started it as an added bonus for us the racers. They do Live RC because they love the racing like the rest of us and they try to give us a feel of being there. At some point all the negativity and online flaming is going to make them wonder if it's worth their effort. When that day comes they will go back to the racing they love and we will all get to sit and remember how nice it was when we had Live RC.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Atleast an update on there website would of solve all this.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chris Peralta
When you say Monopoly I can't help but think that they must be rakin in the cash and driving BMW's on the money live RC makes for them. Live RC is the only site we have around here to do this, but they did not start Live RC to be a monopoly, they started it as an added bonus for us the racers. They do Live RC because they love the racing like the rest of us and they try to give us a feel of being there. At some point all the negativity and online flaming is going to make them wonder if it's worth their effort. When that day comes they will go back to the racing they love and we will all get to sit and remember how nice it was when we had Live RC.
First off, I didn't say that, someone else did, and I quoted that without using the feature.

No, I'm quite sure they're not riding beamers from the profits of LiveRC. But they do it for money, while that may be pennies on the dollar compared to other companies, it is still for money. And regardless of how much they make from it is a mute point.

They offer products and services to consumers, and in my opinion, that alone makes them responsible for handling customer needs, good or bad.

The point I'm trying to make man is that if they are too busy to respond to customer emails about a product that is been pre ordered, and over it's deliver date, then they should have someone that can handle those requests. That simple.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Sounds to me like you should start up a Live Scoring site of your own between your racing and your real job.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.