Ask Keven Hebert, TeamAssociated / Reedy / ApexRC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Keven Hebert, TeamAssociated / Reedy / ApexRC

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

u use the same 6 degree c-hub slike christian and juhu do?
its more turn inside the corner isnt it?

thanks so far
Old 01-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Is there any difference in having the steering knuckles upside down compared to the TC5 and if so which way do you have them?
Old 01-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Kevin: I've heard that the AE 10R5 has been discontinued is this true and if so why. Also is AE still committed to 1/10th oval? Thanks and good luck in 2011
Old 01-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi Keven,

Once again congrats on sweeping your classes this weekend, you were on fire for sure

My question is, my car this weekend was really good on brand new tires (1st run), and every subsequent run the car got inconsistent, it was getting a lot of front traction and rotating around the front end. What would you think about changing to keep this in check? I know you said early on you were fastest on 10 run tires (maybe not so many ), but still.

Thanks,
Mike Gee
Old 01-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b-man777
Hey Kevin: I've heard that the AE 10R5 has been discontinued is this true and if so why. Also is AE still committed to 1/10th oval? Thanks and good luck in 2011
WGT is not popular around our tracks at all anymore.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keven H
So far on asphalt I like the LTC the most and on carpet I run the speed6 because it seems to be the most consistant and easy drive.
What have you done to the car to get the speed6 to fit? I can't seem to get it to fit on the front posts unless I put about 4mm worth of shims under the body post.

How far out around your tires to you trim?
Old 01-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
What have you done to the car to get the speed6 to fit? I can't seem to get it to fit on the front posts unless I put about 4mm worth of shims under the body post.

I know i'm not keven... but i think he uses the trinity body mount peices...

I'm sure he'll be sure to tell you but it's somthing you could look into untill he verifies that.

-DC-
Old 01-10-2011, 06:56 PM
EJF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Any tips to get consistant TC5 shocks, such as getting the rebound perfect. I noticed on alot of setup sheets some are drilling a hole in the cap, is this in the plastic or metal part?
Old 01-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EJF
Any tips to get consistant TC5 shocks, such as getting the rebound perfect. I noticed on alot of setup sheets some are drilling a hole in the cap, is this in the plastic or metal part?
Plastic, turn the black plastic cap over and look up it it, you'll see a dimple, that's were you drill your hole.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Keven,

Sorry I know this has been asked, but im still confused on the whole 1,1,1.5 piston. Do you run that piston on all surfaces? From high grip to low grip, carpet and asphalt? Or what conditions would you go away from that piston?

Thanks
Hi, Yes lately I have been running there everywhere on both asphalt carpet, high bite low bite !

Originally Posted by thilo-alexander
u use the same 6 degree c-hub slike christian and juhu do?
its more turn inside the corner isnt it?

thanks so far
Yes I use 6 degree castor block ! I like to run them as I can get in the turn harder it wont be as responsive as let say a 4 degree but middle out will have more steering.

Originally Posted by JeremyP
Is there any difference in having the steering knuckles upside down compared to the TC5 and if so which way do you have them?
I havent been playing much with that I run mine the way they are on the tc5 ! I feel like with 6 degree castor it gives you the right amount of bumpsteer so I havent gone anywhere else.

Originally Posted by b-man777
Unfortunately I don't have an answer for that but I doubt it I will try and figure it out for you. Sorry I am not much help on that one

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
Hi Keven,

Once again congrats on sweeping your classes this weekend, you were on fire for sure

My question is, my car this weekend was really good on brand new tires (1st run), and every subsequent run the car got inconsistent, it was getting a lot of front traction and rotating around the front end. What would you think about changing to keep this in check? I know you said early on you were fastest on 10 run tires (maybe not so many ), but still.

Thanks,
Mike Gee
Hi Mike,

thanks, it was good seeing that both of you guys made it ! I actually ran the same set I had from the last grand slam round at the race until I felt like they were going to rip on me and then put newer one on and did not feel much difference in laptimes ! the older seemed to have more traction but laptimes were to same. On new tires (sweep) the car will push a little more so it may explain why you were doing ok on new tires ! maybe your car had too much steering. The one thing I would do to calm it down and make it more consistent is raising the front roll center and thicker front shock oil ! Or as simple as having less front camber

Originally Posted by Buckaroo

There is actually 2 front body post ! the one in the kit are a little small ! but I think the one from the ntc3 or 12l4 are a little longer I have to see which one it is I am really not sure ! But otherwise shim under the post will work good as well.

Originally Posted by EJF
When I ran my tc5 shocks I would drill a hole in the black plastic cap to make sure the rebound was the same ! It doesnt have much rebound its actually dead but that way they are all the same and it seems to be the most consistent way of doing it !

hope this helps.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Keven!

I'm going drive tc6 with your setup but with protoform mazda 6 body (no speed6).

What can go wrong?

Probably I will get ltc-r for Saturday spec (no vt speedo/13.5T speed passion) race but it is on way to me ...

Regards and good luck!
m
Old 01-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There is actually 2 front body post ! the one in the kit are a little small ! but I think the one from the ntc3 or 12l4 are a little longer I have to see which one it is I am really not sure ! But otherwise shim under the post will work good as well.
AH, got it. The 4535 posts are taller and solve any body mount problems! Thanks.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi Mike,

thanks, it was good seeing that both of you guys made it ! I actually ran the same set I had from the last grand slam round at the race until I felt like they were going to rip on me and then put newer one on and did not feel much difference in laptimes ! the older seemed to have more traction but laptimes were to same. On new tires (sweep) the car will push a little more so it may explain why you were doing ok on new tires ! maybe your car had too much steering. The one thing I would do to calm it down and make it more consistent is raising the front roll center and thicker front shock oil ! Or as simple as having less front camber
Hi Keven, I didnt have much front camber (ended up on 0.5* I think). I did try just a higher roll center in practice, but it did make the car a bit tippy. Maybe it needed the thicker front oil as well to slow the rolling back down? More ideas to try for next time, thanks!
Old 01-12-2011, 07:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Keven!

Do you remove some screws from top deck for more flex?

Regards!
m.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hy Kevin: Thanks for the response useful info. I guess we're getting to watered down in on road racing with so many classes. Also no matter what trends come and go in the r/c hobby 12th pan car always seems to survive. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.