Wiki Posts
Search

RC8T-TE v RC8T-CE v 8ightT2

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default RC8T-TE v RC8T-CE v 8ightT2

Hey guys, I am wanting a nice truggy. I want something that is NOT ridiculously hard to tune to tracks, I want something that is TOUGH. Basicaly the CE and 8T2 are the options I was looking at just because of bang for buck and quality of build IMHO. Always preferred AE to anything else since about 15 years ago when I had RC10T etc. But the 8ight doesnt seem to shabby.

So I notice generally, that 8ight T2s are rare as hens teeth on Ebay and go for more than AE trucks, generally from what I have seen the last couple weeks. I cant seem to work out the EXACT differences between rc8t Factory Team and CE, besides alloy shock towers and other bits and pieces, body and wing.

Race wise will the CE handle better out of box than the other two truggies?

I realise it depends on a lot of factors, just looking for some opinions, thanks a lot, tell me what you think of these 3 truggies. I am NOT interested in any others for various reasons, I ONLY like these two manufacturers!

Jaydee

Last edited by jaydee1; 01-15-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You need to check out the Hot Bodies D8t, one of the toughest I've seen. And by far the easiest truck to setup.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

rc8t-e is the electric version, rc8tce is the nitro
Old 01-13-2011, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

You will be fine with either one of those truggies. But you should also consider what brandundecided said about the D8T, it s also a very good truggy.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

From whhat I've HEARD... losi needs a bit of after market stuff to be "right" and they eat bearings. The rc8t trucks are al basically the same truck and very durable winners out the box. I've heard the same about the d8t. Are you a internet shopper for your misc odds and ends? I personally shop at my local shop. They stock all my AE parts. That's something to consider
Old 01-13-2011, 06:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigAlz
From whhat I've HEARD... losi needs a bit of after market stuff to be "right" and they eat bearings. The rc8t trucks are al basically the same truck and very durable winners out the box. I've heard the same about the d8t. Are you a internet shopper for your misc odds and ends? I personally shop at my local shop. They stock all my AE parts. That's something to consider
The losi does NOT need after market parts to be "right", it is a great truck out of the box. They had a bad batch of bearing when the truck was first released two years ago, which has been corrected a long time ago.

With that being said go to the track and drive both of them and get a feel for what suits you best. Another thing to look at is what parts the local HS has in stock. This question is like Ford vs Chevy debate.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

the rc8t ce is a good truggy so is the d8t and losi8t but its all about what you want
Old 01-13-2011, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

i have owned the rc8tce,8ight-t 2.0,mbx6t and d8t. liked the losi when it first came out it was alot more stable then the older truck i had been running, i switched to the mugen next it handled better but arms were a bit fragile, then i changed to the rc8tce didnt feel as stable as the other trucks but was pretty good, i am now running the d8t it handles good and has been durable for the price its hard to beat you could buy a kit and a engine for the price of the other brands kits alone.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by l3asher
The losi does NOT need after market parts to be "right", it is a great truck out of the box. They had a bad batch of bearing when the truck was first released two years ago, which has been corrected a long time ago.

With that being said go to the track and drive both of them and get a feel for what suits you best. Another thing to look at is what parts the local HS has in stock. This question is like Ford vs Chevy debate.
That's just what two different losi guys have told me.. including jason w. That's why I said just what I've HEARD. I think the LHS part is really a big factor in deciding. Any newer truck will perform and I think all are pretty durable.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

No experience with the RC8T, my cousin has one and likes it.

I will say this though, I race buggy, but wanted to race truggy as well. Bought an 8ight-T 2.0 to race in the local 4 race series and won sportsman truggy with the Losi right out of the box. I know that's not saying much but I think it's a great truck.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Prophet

well, i know the eight 2.0 t needs alum rear hubs or jdubs hubs i hear thats a must upgrade for it from a lot of people.

i, dont have a 2.0 t i have a eight-t with some 2.0 t parts and il say this the drivetrain needs a lot of work and it does wear fast and the slop can drive you crazy i hate it on the steering side.

some dont care about that some do.

from, what i hear about the 2.0 t it has slop and needs a few upgrades and paying attention to the diff shimming which i dont care for.

so, i would look into the rc8t ce it has the upgrades on it and i heard its strong and from the people i talked to the wear and slop isnt bad on them and you can get it at a really good price and i heard it handles good also .

im getting a rc8t soon.

to me 2.0 t are overpriced sorry losi guys thats just my opinion.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

still running stock plastics hub on my 2.0 and no breakage. When i ran the CE i had to buy the alm rear hubs for the stocks would crack. The losi doesnt need upgrades. its fast as the RC8t out of the box. Both are good trucks and both have there flaws. I have seen the RC8T get just as sloppy if not more sloppy the losi.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

i had no issue's with bearings on the losi, i used the answer-rc bearings instead of the stock ones
Old 01-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

A few people say the AE breaks rear hubs.. I had like 5 gallons on my last rc8t. And about 2 through my CE and haven't lost anything but a wing mount and rear plastic brace in the same bad crash. Im not sure what the AE flaws are. Im pretty sure plastic slop comes in most any car.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I use the plastic rear hub carriers on my 8t 2.0, with no issues. I've had this thing 10 ft in the air on numerous occassions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.