Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 12-13-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steve1
Well I am about 75% complete on my 1st build. I have a HiTec 645 servo that I was going to use but it's too big. Won't fit. I also have a Traxxas # 2080 servo new in the bag . Anyone think this would work ?
Also I could use some suggestion on a motor and ESC ?? I'm just going to run the car on the street for now, no racing. Thanks

I would re-check everything there, bud. I know for a fact my pit bud was using a 645 in his. He later switched to a 8711. I am using a ace 1015 with a metal ribbed case and it fits. Go back to the manual and pay attention to the mounting, no reason it should not fit.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outtafocus
A weekly update on your order. Now that is funny.
Let me rephrase that. If I send a email a week asking for status on my order I EXPECT a response...
Old 12-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Anybody know where the low roll center block +.060 washer puts you at? Is it mid roll center? I bought a gently used car with front and rear set up this way for indoor rubber....
Old 12-13-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Still here and I honestly do my best to get back to folks as soon as possible often on Sunday, at 11pm whenever I get the messages. I have them all routed to my phone so no matter where I am I can and do respond.

I really appreciate everyone's patience with this process and extend my sincerest apologies. I've always made it clear that I'm here to help and answer questions w/ the best information I have. Paul also does his level best to get everything worked out asap.

I will have layshafts soon as Paul said and will email and process them the instant I get them in my hands.

Please any discomfort or info needed, my phone number is at the bottom of every receipt and I answer or return (if I can't take it at that instant in time) every call I get call me I'll answer.

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
More Layshafts are on the way to Skyrocket as we speak. Anyone with a Layshaft on backorder with them are now best waiting rather than cancelling and ordering direct. I find out in about 2hrs from now the exact time for manufacturing the new spool. I will post again after that.
Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Yeah there is a story behind that. I suggest cancelling your order and get one from FF them selves. There was a bag with about 50 layshafts at his.place the other day. I also believe he is.looking for a person to produce the spool v2 and its outdrives. The previous person has proven to be overload withother work and has no time to produce them.
Originally Posted by flyintrtle
Dragonfire, I ordered a FF spool from SkyRocket Batteries here in the states, August of 09 & it was on back order. I spoke with Skyrocket 4 months ago & it's still on backorder. I said okay, send me the FF layshaft instead. Guess what? That's on backorder!
Originally Posted by dfiantii
I am still waiting for my layshaft. I at least would like to get a weekly update on my order same thing I am experiencing with AXIOMMOTORS. Spoke to the owner after a month yesterday was told my order was delivered yesterday but I spoke to my wife she said she never got it. I guess the deal was to good to be true was ordering a package what would put ceramic balls and thrust in my Type R. Still waiting on a tracking number from AXIOM.
A weekly update on your order. Now that is funny.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Can someone post the link to the buildup which showed the out of box modifications the JRX needs (ie chassis grinding). I can't find it and can't work out the correct search terms to do so.

Further, What will I need to do to get to a FDR of 4.0 since I will be running a 21.5T brushless in a VTA style class next year. I assume I will have to buy a smaller spur as my largest pinion is only 36T and that gives me an FDR of 6.5.

Thanks.

Last edited by mini696; 12-13-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mini696
Can someone post the link to the buildup which showed the out of box modifications the JRX needs (ie chassis grinding). I can't find it and can't work out the correct search terms to do so.

Further, What will I need to do to get to a FDR of 4.0 since I will be running a 21.5T brushless in a VTA style class next year. I assume I will have to buy a smaller spur as my largest pinion is only 36T and that gives me an FDR of 6.5.

Thanks.
When i was running vta i had a 52 tooth pinion in it =D PRS sells pinions that big i think at one point iw as all the way up to 58t!!
Old 12-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks.
I run a Flying Fox layshaft and Xray spurs in either a 104 or 108 tooth which allows me to gear quite tall (into the mid 3's) with 50+ pinions.

Cheers,
Mike
Old 12-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YmeBP
When i was running vta i had a 52 tooth pinion in it =D PRS sells pinions that big i think at one point iw as all the way up to 58t!!
The 58T pinion fits without issues?

I have a PRS spur adapter coming, but was wondering what you would recommend would be a good spur size to buy. I want to get down to a FDR of 4.0.

I was thinking I could get a 70T spur so it would fall within my pinion range (up to 35T).

Would that fit?

Last edited by mini696; 12-13-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Here is the link I used to build my JRXS.

http://www.thard.co.uk/

Really wish that guy hadn't given up on the Losi. He had some great info, and his site had great build tips.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Here is the link I used to build my JRXS.

http://www.thard.co.uk/

Really wish that guy hadn't given up on the Losi. He had some great info, and his site had great build tips.

Thats the one. Thanks mate.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

The 58T pinion fits without issues?

I have a PRS spur adapter coming, but was wondering what you would recommend would be a good spur size to buy. I want to get down to a FDR of 4.0.

I was thinking I could get a 70T spur so it would fall within my pinion range (up to 35T).

Would that fit?
Yes, I ran huge pinions all the way up until boost and turbo came out in the Tekins and you didn't need it anymore.

I'd suggest the FF layshaft over the PRS I had some issues w/ themand slop on the drive pin. w/ that small a spur you won't eb able to get the motor close enough to it, i tried. You are going to have to get larger pinions.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Sorry for the spam, but if someone in the US is looking for the layshaft, I have a new one for sale.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...shaft-nib.html

PM if interested. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YmeBP
w/ that small a spur you won't eb able to get the motor close enough to it, i tried.
What is the smallest spur that will fit and still allow the pinion to reach the motor?
Old 12-14-2010, 02:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks.
Would have to break out the calculator for.pinion size but you want low 80's for the spur year (48p).
Old 12-14-2010, 02:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Would have to break out the calculator for.pinion size but you want low 80's for the spur year (48p).
Looks like I will have to go for a massive 58T 64P pinion.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.