Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Ofna Ultra GTP2e >

Ofna Ultra GTP2e

Ofna Ultra GTP2e

Old 09-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I'm thinking about going back to on-road because of this car. Awesome price, but how's the quality, fit, ease of maintenance, etc?

Is there shock oil in the shocks? If so, what wt?

Is there a class for this yet at any of the local So Cal tracks?
Old 09-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOLISARIO
I'm thinking about going back to on-road because of this car. Awesome price, but how's the quality, fit, ease of maintenance, etc?

Is there shock oil in the shocks? If so, what wt?

Is there a class for this yet at any of the local So Cal tracks?
Seeing that you're in Corona....you're in luck. OC Circuit races at the Hobbytown in your neighborhood every 3rd. Sunday. This is a dedicated class now that we have more local members running it. I, along with several of my buddies will be running it.

As far as maintenance/durability, it's a 1/8th layout so everything is pretty easy to work on and built for abuse. Being that this car shares many of its parts with its off road buggy counterparts, I believe it will hold up very well as we're not jumping these in on road. Not to mention its Electric...no starter box, fuel, clutches etc. Just peak your pack and GO!!! NICE.

I hope you get into it. The class is so much fun. Come check out the fun racing EVERY 3rd Sunday in Corona HobbyTown.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcunamay
Seeing that you're in Corona....you're in luck. OC Circuit races at the Hobbytown in your neighborhood every 3rd. Sunday. This is a dedicated class now that we have more local members running it. I, along with several of my buddies will be running it.

As far as maintenance/durability, it's a 1/8th layout so everything is pretty easy to work on and built for abuse. Being that this car shares many of its parts with its off road buggy counterparts, I believe it will hold up very well as we're not jumping these in on road. Not to mention its Electric...no starter box, fuel, clutches etc. Just peak your pack and GO!!! NICE.

I hope you get into it. The class is so much fun. Come check out the fun racing EVERY 3rd Sunday in Corona HobbyTown.
So there is a class and it's local. Great!!

How well do these handle being that it is based off a 1/8 buggy platform?

Is there a class at WCRC and/or Cal Raceway?

What's everyone's motor/battery combo? I have a spare Tekin 2050/4s. Is this overkill?
Old 09-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

What's everyone's motor/battery combo? I have a spare Tekin 2050/4s. Is this overkill?
I've seen these cars run at WCRC and they're fun to watch but WCRC is a bit small for these things and anything more than just two or three of these may be too much for the track to handle. Same goes for Cal Raceway but if enough people show up for a race Charlie will try to accomodate.

Really the best venue for it that is local to you is OC Circuit (also run be Charlie) at Hobbytown Corona. Its a faily sizeable track that accomodates the 1/10th nitro so there's plenty of room to stretch for a 1/8th GT be it gas or electric.

If you already have the Tekin 2050/4s you're already half way there. And given that the GTPe is just above $200, it should be easy for you to get into. I think even the kit tires will be good enough to race to get you started. Also, unlike 1/10th, these cars are way more durable and you'd really have to hit something extremely hard to break anything if any at all.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

They run great. They were pulling the same lap times as us in PRO STOCK (boosted ESC 1/10 sedan). They were on rails and looked so cool at the same time The tires I believe make the biggest difference vs. car setup. The cars are pretty forgiving.

Your motor/esc/batt combo is perfect!

This is a dedicated class at Hobbytown Corona. Hope you can make it out!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kman16jr
Are these the same diff gears as the electric dirtoval?or the nitro gtp2?
Yes they are. It is an Ultra based chassis so the drive train is interchangeable.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:45 AM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

We are going to try to run these car at Surf City ( Charlie B race) this Sunday anybody wants to go?
Old 09-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Just got my gtp2e, would i be able to run a rx8 with a 2050kv motor in this car. Or is it to much motor. would a 2650kv be better????
Yeah baby! I just order mine! That Tekin ESC sounds excellent because you can put the hot wire on it and tune it to your liking. I run Tekin in everything that I own but one and that's 5 different electric cars. When I did a E conversion on my Losi 8ight they were trying to release the new RX8 but I couldn't wait. I caught a deal on the Losi ESC/motor + battery combo so, that's what I will be putting in my new Ofna Ultra GTP 2e. I plan on getting that RX8 to put the TURBO on them boys at the track. I ordered some Ipanema Slick Racing tires from Bruckner Hobbies. Some 45's all the way around and some 40's for the rear if I need some more traction. I can't wait to get this thing rolling.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Is there a turbo function on the rx8? just wondering, that would be awesome!!!!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Is there a turbo function on the rx8? just wondering, that would be awesome!!!!
As far as I know, not yet because the 1/8th onroad electric guys would love to have that. It wouldn't hurt to check and see if Tekin has a software update for that.

http://www.teamtekin.com/
Old 09-27-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

I'm sorry, the guys at my track in Houston call the boost TURBO.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default OFNA

I want one now lol, about to put my order
Old 09-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

cant wait to get one
Old 09-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

I gotta get one of these...
Old 09-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Do any of you guys know where online I can find some 4s packs that will fit into the gtp. I took the measurements for the tray it is 145mm long by 54mm wide. I was looking for something 5000mah or bigger.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.