Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Old 09-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Azr
the new version of V2?
I believe he's talking about the new Raybrig body, it's Honda's HSV-010 that's debuted in the Super GT series this year, & I have to say, I'm liking it.....
Old 09-08-2010, 08:54 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

If anyone is looking for a v2 with the option pack I have a brand new built one I'm selling. It has never been run. I have it in the for sale area with pics. If interested you can PM me.

It has only Tamiya hopups so is fully TCS legal. With work I can't make it to the track to run it so I'm selling it.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Tech Rookie

TA-05 v2-R looks a little disappointing no carbon fibre chassis or rear shock tower, doesn't even have the alu rocker arms that the hopped up chassis came with!

I guess with the swing shafts and sway bars included it would have been to costly.

Guess I'll have to keep waiting for the lipo compatible CF chassis!
Old 09-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by spazmo
TA-05 v2-R looks a little disappointing no carbon fibre chassis or rear shock tower, doesn't even have the alu rocker arms that the hopped up chassis came with!

I guess with the swing shafts and sway bars included it would have been to costly.

The photo they released with the announcement looks like it actually has a hard case lipo installed. Maybe the R version has a different style battery tray without the slots in it and which actually fits lipos correctly, which would be really nice. I suppose even with an R version, they're going to want to hook you into buying hop-ups...so they left some out. But yeah, the lack of rocker arms was kind of a head scratcher to me.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:11 AM
Azr
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
I believe he's talking about the new Raybrig body, it's Honda's HSV-010 that's debuted in the Super GT series this year, & I have to say, I'm liking it.....
Lol
Old 09-09-2010, 12:37 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by kdeselms
The photo they released with the announcement looks like it actually has a hard case lipo installed. Maybe the R version has a different style battery tray without the slots in it and which actually fits lipos correctly, which would be really nice. I suppose even with an R version, they're going to want to hook you into buying hop-ups...so they left some out. But yeah, the lack of rocker arms was kind of a head scratcher to me.
the photo they released looks very nice
Old 09-09-2010, 01:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Yeah not saying it doesn't look nice.

Was just expecting more alu and carbon!
Old 09-09-2010, 02:06 AM
Tech Master

Yeah not saying it doesn't look nice.

Was just expecting more alu and carbon!
A lot of the upgrade parts listed ARE the lighter "carbon reinforced" parts, such as the bulkheads and various other items. I would also have liked a few more aluminum parts (especially the rocker arms) and a little bit more "bling" but I suppose they still want to sell you hop-ups!

However, if you were looking for the likes of a flat, woven carbon fibre chassis, top deck, etc...then allow me to direct your attention to the TRF416X.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kdeselms
The photo shows the Tamiya LiFe battery which has round edges, so going by the parts list I don't think Tamiya have changed the chassis to suit square packs yet.

The CAD drawings of the new M-06 look like it has a square space far batteries, so perhaps Tamiya are finally starting to move away from the round-edged packs in their moulded chassis...

There are plenty of good quality round edge LiPo's available, it's just a bit of a nuisance to have to have different packs for some of the Tamiya cars in your fleet, but probably no worse than having to have saddle packs for your off-roaders.

It looks very nice. My daughter would love the wheels!
Old 09-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Couple of questions

Is the Ver.2 R version available anywhere yet ?

I'm assuming that the original Ver.2 can be upgraded with the "R" parts ?
Old 09-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

exotek makes a great CF chassis for it. www.exotekracing.com
Old 09-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Addict

Questions?? more questions..

I'm still trying to figure out what motor/ESC around $150 price and it's between these two so far(unless any suggestions?)
13.5 brushless for carpet/asphault

Also wondering- the Havov system says it has a programable ESC.. I don't have anything to program it with. Will that be a problem? Can I just plug it in and run it out of the box(I would perfer that)?

Novak Havoc Spec Brushless System 13.5T/3300kV

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWLW9&P=SM

and

Associated Eraser 13.5T/Brushless Ai Rev Digital ESC

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...X7&P=**Missing Data**

What one would you choose? and I don't know if the havoc ESC would fit in the limited ESC space?

Any advice helps, thanks!!
Old 09-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Firefox
Is the Ver.2 R version available anywhere yet ?

I'm assuming that the original Ver.2 can be upgraded with the "R" parts ?
Yeah all of the parts that come with the "R" are hop-ups you could buy for the V2 (check the parts list I posted), the idea is just to create a "racer" version of the chassis so you don't have as much to hop-up, as a new kit. I was hoping for a new tub with a lipo-friendly battery tray, but it seems that isn't happening.

According to what I've read, this is supposed to be released later in the year (winter).
Old 09-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zac_with_no_K
I'm still trying to figure out what motor/ESC around $150 price and it's between these two so far(unless any suggestions?)
13.5 brushless for carpet/asphault

Also wondering- the Havov system says it has a programmable ESC.. I don't have anything to program it with. Will that be a problem? Can I just plug it in and run it out of the box(I would perfer that)?

Novak Havoc Spec Brushless System 13.5T/3300kV

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWLW9&P=SM

and

Associated Eraser 13.5T/Brushless Ai Rev Digital ESC

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...X7&P=**Missing Data**

What one would you choose? and I don't know if the havoc ESC would fit in the limited ESC space?

Any advice helps, thanks!!
Zac,

I'd go with the Novak system. You don't need anything to program it with. You just press buttons on it. I cannot confirm that it'll fit but I'd be surprised if it doesn't. Measure your car and compare with the specs on the speedo. I feel obliged to tell you that you are going to have your hands full with this setup. Mine is plenty fast with a 21.5. A 17.5 is almost more than I can handle and I wouldn't even consider a 13.5. I know you want to race with guys that are running 13.5 but you will probably be faster with a 17.5. I know I would. You can use a 17.5 or 21.5 in lots of other classes too and they have higher resale value because of this.

Ok, I feel better now. You go buy what you want. Just go easy on the trigger.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by woodys3b
Zac,

I'd go with the Novak system. You don't need anything to program it with. You just press buttons on it. I cannot confirm that it'll fit but I'd be surprised if it doesn't. Measure your car and compare with the specs on the speedo. I feel obliged to tell you that you are going to have your hands full with this setup. Mine is plenty fast with a 21.5. A 17.5 is almost more than I can handle and I wouldn't even consider a 13.5. I know you want to race with guys that are running 13.5 but you will probably be faster with a 17.5. I know I would. You can use a 17.5 or 21.5 in lots of other classes too and they have higher resale value because of this.

Ok, I feel better now. You go buy what you want. Just go easy on the trigger.
Thank you sir!
I'm still going to start with the silver can, I was looking at all the systems that the speedos worked with brushed.
I was watching them race the 13.5 and I know that's way too much for me. I just want the 13.5 motor/speedo combo so I can switch over without needing to spend more money than needed. There's just nowhere that I know of to race(within reasonable travel distance) that has any slower classes than 13.5 around Albuquerque NM.

I will deffinitly keep researching, and look for a 17.5, maybe look for one on ebay so I could move up to that before the 13.5

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.