Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Please be on the lookout for my STOLEN stuff >

Please be on the lookout for my STOLEN stuff

Please be on the lookout for my STOLEN stuff

Old 08-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I will start a thread with the insurance info. I have gotten a few PM's asking about it and now seems like a good time to post it. Our hobby shop was broken into and robbed of $5000 worth of kits on Friday morning so I am ready To take a stand. We are a community of hundreds of thousands so we should all stick together and let these lowlife scumbags know that if the want to Try and steal from us they better be ready to pay the price!!
Thank you James, that would be really helpful.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Its done. Get covered, worth every penny

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ml#post7816189
Old 08-16-2010, 10:36 PM
dsl
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Back on topic, a friend of mine had a situation where his rc's fell off his truck. He contacted his insurance and they did not cover it, but they told him if his rc's would've been stolen from his truck they would've been covered. If they were in the trunk of your car or if you were unloading when this happened maybe you could contact your insurance and see if they can help you out?
Old 08-16-2010, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

man this is ruining the hobby people need to save and buy their own stuff...I really hope you get your stuff back
Old 08-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Ok to all the hispanic comment was wrong, now drop it. We are here to help Greg his buddy and even the other guy(not sure who he is) not to get the thread locked because of 1 comment that was a bit overboard so can we drop it and pay attention to what is really wrong and why this topic was posted!
Old 08-16-2010, 11:04 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by dsl
Back on topic, a friend of mine had a situation where his rc's fell off his truck. He contacted his insurance and they did not cover it, but they told him if his rc's would've been stolen from his truck they would've been covered. If they were in the trunk of your car or if you were unloading when this happened maybe you could contact your insurance and see if they can help you out?

hey i wasnt being serious about the mexican comment.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

With all that has been said we should take action on this BS.

RC tracks should have an outsourced security company that they use during big events to watch over the pits and the pit tables.

I for one would pay an extra $5.00 to $10.00 to attend a big race that had 3 or 4 guards walking around in uniform.

We should all think about building a secured fence and gating in and around the pit tables where there is only one way in and one way out. A guard could stand at the gate to ensure all is well.

Something has to be done about this. Nearly every person that is racing has well over $2000 worth of stuff that could go bye bye in just a few seconds. This type of BS has left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Greg and Marcus get the race set up and we will be there to support you guys so that you can get back in the action. Let's get some 2 or 3 cash raffles going during the race.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

When I get that all planned I am sure we will run 50/50 raffles and stuff. I am looking for some pics. Kinda hard to take them now that its gone. I know they are in the podium pics from the Alabama race for sportsman buggy and truck. Otherwise I'm sure someone has a pic I will hunt it down.

I hate to ask people to go into their pockets on this. I am hoping we can have a race and raffles where people are coming out to have fun and have a chance to get something for their time and money. If you are very fortunate and wish to help though my paypal is [email protected] I will split anything we get with Marcus. Thanks to everyone for the support.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by camocowboy
When I get that all planned I am sure we will run 50/50 raffles and stuff. I am looking for some pics. Kinda hard to take them now that its gone. I know they are in the podium pics from the Alabama race for sportsman buggy and truck. Otherwise I'm sure someone has a pic I will hunt it down.

I hate to ask people to go into their pockets on this. I am hoping we can have a race and raffles where people are coming out to have fun and have a chance to get something for their time and money. If you are very fortunate and wish to help though my paypal is [email protected] I will split anything we get with Marcus. Thanks to everyone for the support.
If you ran jbrl prior to the theft mabe jimmy has some posted on the pics area on the jbrl website. jimmybabcock.com
Old 08-17-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dsl
No it really wasn't funny. It might seem funny to you but this is an example of racial profiling however small it may seem to others. You might be a small % Mexican, but the reality is you probably don't look like you are and won't have to put up with BS. This really hit a nerve as I've personally been "racially profiled" and have been arrested in front of my kids, family, and friends, because I supposedly looked like another Mexican who had committed a crime the night before in a city of 2+ million. I had to wait for 2 hours in a cop car until a teller I.D.'d me and said "not even close". By the way I was born in the US and am excercising my freedom of speech... Sorry for being off topic, but I couldn't stay quiet.
Cool I'm exercising my right.... WHO CARES
Old 08-17-2010, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
hey i wasnt being serious about the mexican comment.

Dude some people wear their feelings on their sleeves and can't take jokes.... .

Back to the real topic.....
Old 08-17-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
Dude some people wear their feelings on their sleeves and can't take jokes.... .

Back to the real topic.....

yea i know but i dint want to get reported to the admin on here.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

here is a picture of the buggy that was stolen on sunday before the mains.
Attached Thumbnails Please be on the lookout for my STOLEN stuff-buggy.jpg  
Old 08-17-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCTEN.
here is a picture of the buggy that was stolen on sunday before the mains.
ok lil small but now that i got an idea im sure jimmy has pics on it in the photos area on jimmybabcock.com i will go search.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

yeah i know its small, i got it from his avatar on another site. i tried looking on jimmys site with no luck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.