Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
HB Cyclone S RTR brushless conv ??? >

HB Cyclone S RTR brushless conv ???

HB Cyclone S RTR brushless conv ???

Old 08-04-2010, 07:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Default HB Cyclone S RTR brushless conv ???

Hey guys,

New to the forum and onroad racing. I recently went to my LHS and was sold a Cyclone S RTR after telling them I wanted to race indoors. After talking to the local guys, I found out they are mostly running brushless setups. What would I have to do to convert my Cyclone to a brushless setup, is it an easy thing to do? Also, is it worthwhile, or should I look to buy a new setup specifically focused towards brushless racing? If so, what would you guys recommend? Thanks.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GOAT46
Hey guys,

New to the forum and onroad racing. I recently went to my LHS and was sold a Cyclone S RTR after telling them I wanted to race indoors. After talking to the local guys, I found out they are mostly running brushless setups. What would I have to do to convert my Cyclone to a brushless setup, is it an easy thing to do? Also, is it worthwhile, or should I look to buy a new setup specifically focused towards brushless racing? If so, what would you guys recommend? Thanks.
Yes all standard brushless equipment will fit, make sure to get something that fits the classes run at your track. There is a cyclone S thread with a lot more details but since the search is kinda broken, its hard to find at the moment.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Ha, ha... I didn't know the search was broken, but that certainly explains why nothing came up under "cyclone"

So getting the brushless setup and putting it on the cyclone roller sounds like the best way to go then?
Old 08-04-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

It will work just fine. i put a brushless system in my Cyclone S and I can gear from 3.5FDR to 8.5FDR with no issues with the gear mesh. If you do need some extra room for gearing, you can dremel out the motor mount holes a little. No need to buy the brushless conversion for $60 or so. Good luck...