Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If you can only run on sunday, come anyway. Only thing is, you will start at bottom of lowest main. That would mean, you would have to win bump ups to move up through the mains.

This is for charity guys, 1 day is better than none.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by robwike
If you can only run on sunday, come anyway. Only thing is, you will start at bottom of lowest main. That would mean, you would have to win bump ups to move up through the mains.

Not comfortable at all with putting my car on a track yet but screw it, ill be down for this. Should be able to attend the whole weekend.

I am also a photographer by trade so I'll bring my camera to get some good photos of the event.

Also, what time to things kick off on the 25th? don't get off work till 5pm
Old 06-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Friday runs from 10 am to 6 pm. Saturday starts at 8 am.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

maddmaxx i got your PM. I am not able to send a PM to you for some reason. Is that something you can fix?
Old 06-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Default nccs race?

Hey is the nccs race this weekend? if so what time does racing start? and are the rest of the nccs races scheduled yet?
Old 06-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
Good question about the number of days for the race. G's in shippensburg just tried this and turn out was not spectacular. Instead of maybe splitting your crowd due to people not making it out multiple days have you considered a single day race? I think we are in the wrong economy for a multi day race even though i can make it alll days. I think it would be better to run with a larger group of people.
YES, HERE AT G'S, WE DID TRY A TWO DAY RACE AGAIN. WE DID THAT 2 YEARS AGO AND PEOPLE CAMPED OUT ON THE PROPERTY AND WE HAD A GRAND TIME, BOTH DAYS!
LAST YEAR, WE DID A 1 DAY RACE, SOME OF THE RACERS SAID IT LASTED TOO LONG. SO, WHAT DO YOU DO? HOPE THAT ONE DAY EVERYONE MAY BE HAPPY! ROBIN
Old 06-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by revoluv
Tom,I saw the drums video with your rainbow shirt.....This might be a dum ? but is drums track and G's the same place or are they both different....never been there obviously!!!
NO, THEY ARE DIFFERENT. G'S TRACK IS EXIT 24 OFF OF RT. 81.
IT IS IN SHIPPENSBURG, PA. NOT IN DRUMS. ROBIN
Old 06-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Like cr said-both tracks offer a good time. I remember G's last year being the lowest traction track I ran on so it was challenging. Drums is a 1/8 course-big n fun. Since I'll be east this weekend, I may try to hit hobby hut on Sunday for the first time this year
THE TRACK IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT THIS YEAR, THANKS TO G, JASON, AND BEN. COME ON DOWN AND GIVE IT A TRY, TOM.

I PROMISE I WILL GIVE YOU THE ICE CREAM CONE-CUPCAKE RECIPE!
ROBIN
Old 06-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by revoluv
I agree,being that I just started racing last August I am just now getting around to seeing new places and new faces and its awesome!!!!had a great time at Lostcreek and cant wait to see McCulloughs track and G's and a few others in surrounding area.
COME ON DOWN. WE RACE EVERY SUNDAY. WE WELCOME ALL AND PROMISE A GOOD TIME. SEE YA' ROBIN
Old 06-15-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robwike

Hey Rob, here is an idea, if you want to run both days why not run a "full show" both days, that way all the ppl that can only come 1 day will get to race a full show. If someone runs both days you could give them a discount on the 2nd day of racing...just an idea
Old 06-15-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
Hey Rob, here is an idea, if you want to run both days why not run a "full show" both days, that way all the ppl that can only come 1 day will get to race a full show. If someone runs both days you could give them a discount on the 2nd day of racing...just an idea

Hmmm, now that is an idea. I will keep you all posted
Old 06-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
maddmaxx i got your PM. I am not able to send a PM to you for some reason. Is that something you can fix?
Not sure thought I had all the setting sorted in my CP ill mess with it a little more.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey there Robby! What`s this about the three day event? Who is going to be there on Friday? 1
Old 06-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mossberg
Hey is the nccs race this weekend? if so what time does racing start? and are the rest of the nccs races scheduled yet?
In the process of scheduling them now. No race this weekend. Saturday we are heading to McCullough's and Sunday is Father's Day.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCCARTMAN
THE TRACK IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT THIS YEAR, THANKS TO G, JASON, AND BEN. COME ON DOWN AND GIVE IT A TRY, TOM.

I PROMISE I WILL GIVE YOU THE ICE CREAM CONE-CUPCAKE RECIPE!
ROBIN
I had a great time last year at G's! Great track, people and atmosphere. I remember good food and trophies for all the kids/participants.

I am down for the 1 day event. Thats all i'd probably be making anyway....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.