Community
Wiki Posts
Search

losi 8T 2.0 best aluminum parts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Never Once in my 3+ years of driving losi have i seen an Upper steering rack fail...Online OR in person....I call BS.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Never Once in my 3+ years of driving losi have i seen an Upper steering rack fail...Online OR in person....I call BS.
i agree 100%. there are too many other parts under the rack that will fail first that i have seen fail. only way to break the upper rack is to run out in the street and get smashed by 1/1 scale or a deliberate hammer blow
Old 06-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've seen them break. It is extremely rare, but I can remember a couple. Call BS all you want.

One particular situation, someone was using a plastic top plate with an aluminum chassis brace. Snapped it right where the brace attaches. We all know how great aluminum chassis braces are, but it did snap the plastic top plate.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

We had a really rough track here last summer and the ruts cause alot of chassis flex and i broke 2 on that track..... That was the only track or time that I have broken it. But I have seen them break
Old 06-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

i broke one about a month ago but just replaced it with another plastic one, they are very durable but they do break eventualy
Old 06-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I've seen them break. It is extremely rare, but I can remember a couple. Call BS all you want.

One particular situation, someone was using a plastic top plate with an aluminum chassis brace. Snapped it right where the brace attaches. We all know how great aluminum chassis braces are, but it did snap the plastic top plate.

I could see that happening in a worst case scenario...but To date ive never seen a pic or even heard of this failure till now...i would have thought if it were a real issue there would be more talk about it is all.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Tech Champion

I could see that happening in a worst case scenario...but To date ive never seen a pic or even heard of this failure till now...i would have thought if it were a real issue there would be more talk about it is all.
I agree that it is a very rare occurrence. But none the less it is not impossible. For $25, I'll stick with my Aluminum plates.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have just broke my second one during track use only
Old 06-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by htcurt

I have just broke my second one during track use only

Could you please post a pic I would love to see exactly how it failed.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

All you need is the servo saver horn and thats it! Ive never seen a top plate fail!
Old 06-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
I run the alum top plate, servo saver top, spindles, KHZ rear hubs, inner and outer front and rear KHZ hinge pin retainers and rear gear case inserts.
+1 I also run the aluminum top plate as a durability part, as the plastic one can break (very rarely). and why not get it, I got mine on ebay for $10. As Token said, V2 shock tower is a must (IMO).
Old 06-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I've researched a bit, but since this thread came back around:

What's the functional diff between the KHZ servo saver and the Losi? Is one better than the other?

I know it's somewhere in the million and a half threads, but I thought it might be easier to just ask.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 305M3
I've researched a bit, but since this thread came back around:

What's the functional diff between the KHZ servo saver and the Losi? Is one better than the other?

I know it's somewhere in the million and a half threads, but I thought it might be easier to just ask.
They're basically the same. You have to make sure you get the right aluminum version though. If you haven't already gone back to the 1.0 style servo saver plastics or they weren't included in your kit, you should do that. You can tell by the shape of the top piece. The 2.0 version comes to a sharp point. The 1.0 version is more like a U shape. You want the 1.0 style. Then you need to get the 1.0 style aluminum top. Both KHZ and losi sell one. So far I have only used the losi ones, but I will be trying the KHZ one soon. From looking at pictures I think the KHZ one has a bit better design. I don't think it will really matter much. Either one will work just fine.

Here are the ones you would want for the 1.0 servo saver.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ervo-Saver-Arm

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...um-8B-8T-10-20
Old 06-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
They're basically the same. You have to make sure you get the right aluminum version though. If you haven't already gone back to the 1.0 style servo saver plastics or they weren't included in your kit, you should do that. You can tell by the shape of the top piece. The 2.0 version comes to a sharp point. The 1.0 version is more like a U shape. You want the 1.0 style. Then you need to get the 1.0 style aluminum top. Both KHZ and losi sell one. So far I have only used the losi ones, but I will be trying the KHZ one soon. From looking at pictures I think the KHZ one has a bit better design. I don't think it will really matter much. Either one will work just fine.

Here are the ones you would want for the 1.0 servo saver.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ervo-Saver-Arm

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...um-8B-8T-10-20
Thanks for the help brother...