Wiki Posts
Search

RC8 bog bore shock mounting problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default RC8 bog bore shock mounting problem

I just ran my first day on my big bores on my RC8. The problem I'm having is that I can't tighten the shocks down on the tower very much. The locknut sinks into the shock cap so far that you can't get ahold of it to get it off. And if you don't tighten it down very much it puts to much strain on the screw.

I'm putting a blue bushing on the inside of the shock cap, and a locknut on the outside. That's how I was told to do it, but it either leaves, what to me seems like to much play like that. Is there a better way to mount them.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bevofrancis
I just ran my first day on my big bores on my RC8. The problem I'm having is that I can't tighten the shocks down on the tower very much. The locknut sinks into the shock cap so far that you can't get ahold of it to get it off. And if you don't tighten it down very much it puts to much strain on the screw.

I'm putting a blue bushing on the inside of the shock cap, and a locknut on the outside. That's how I was told to do it, but it either leaves, what to me seems like to much play like that. Is there a better way to mount them.
you need the 5.5mm purple handle nut driver from associated it has a thin wall
Old 06-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bevofrancis

I run those shocks on my xb8 and put fuel tubing over the screw. This acts as a spacer so nut will be tight, and the shock will be fastened firmly.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It does take a very thin walled driver to fit inside the cap. Make sure that the bleeder hole in the cap is facing the tower.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE
you need the 5.5mm purple handle nut driver from associated it has a thin wall
Originally Posted by Shane Racer
It does take a very thin walled driver to fit inside the cap. Make sure that the bleeder hole in the cap is facing the tower.
Thanks for the advice. I modded my current nut driver to fit in the cap.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

The Dynamite brand and the ones from Hobby City, both fit with no problems as well. The whole design they used is a little strange to me too, were the nut is almost completely hidden.

Stephen