Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Can someone pointed out what parts of the 710 required to stock...? I am planning to stock some parts for our track and we seems to have quite a lot of 710...so that made me going to run the 710 as well, from this thread, ppl mentioned they broke their front/rear shock towers....what other parts required to have extra at track..?

I will also stock the STEEL pivot balls.....I have seen those alum pivot balls can be snap very easily, but again, that is because they (including me) are aimming at the board instead of the track...

How about the steering knuckles..? Dog bones..? What do I have to stock and ppl are usually need to replace from racing...?

Thanks..........
Solara, everyone who sort of know me here will tell you that I recommend getting a whole kit as spares especially if you're going to be far away from a LHS.

Having said that, common things to stock will depend on your driving style and skill. Try the following:

- Rear shock tower
- Rear body posts
- Upper mount for bumper
- belts
- pulleys (if your track is dirty ... car park)

If you're going to have a hard bash then anything is possible:

- front shock tower
- upper deck
- tank
- carbon side braces
- front bulkhead parts
- shock absorbers and
- possibly rear block carbon brace

Depending on where you get your stock from, by the time you add the individual prices for just the above, you've nearly bought a new kit!
Old 02-20-2004, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Pyramid
If you stripped the kit and able to sell all the parts, you will get 3 times as much as if you were buying those in very nice seperately packed spare part bags
See Solara? My point exactly!
Old 02-21-2004, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Which track D? Damn ... looks like I missed out this time.
I think it's the one @ Andalas...club race.

Old 02-21-2004, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Me too! Its 6am here in the UK and already up. Now THAT is a record! ... Or maybe am jet-lagged
Just wait for the summer! It may not be too warm, but if you go to the north of england, then you could, theoretically, drive from about 03:30 until 22:30 - as there is so much daylight!!!!
Old 02-21-2004, 01:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Solara, everyone who sort of know me here will tell you that I recommend getting a whole kit as spares especially if you're going to be far away from a LHS.

Having said that, common things to stock will depend on your driving style and skill. Try the following:

- Rear shock tower
- Rear body posts
- Upper mount for bumper
- belts
- pulleys (if your track is dirty ... car park)

If you're going to have a hard bash then anything is possible:

- front shock tower
- upper deck
- tank
- carbon side braces
- front bulkhead parts
- shock absorbers and
- possibly rear block carbon brace

Depending on where you get your stock from, by the time you add the individual prices for just the above, you've nearly bought a new kit!

No pivot pins as spares ?
Old 02-21-2004, 01:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by crashed_1
I think it's the one @ Andalas...club race.

Aaaahhh ... one of my favourites! This is what Nitro racing is about, long, sweeping yet technical enough to be very interesting.

Are you racing? Good luck anyways.

Desmond was Champ last time, I came in 3rd or 4th, can't remember. That time the track was brand new and they didn't have that huge driver's stand. Also the main corners were not cemented as it is now which means it was eating up tires at the end of the straight and you had to use 45 shores.

Incidentally, that sweeper at the end of the straight is the key to a fast lap time, not to mention the left hander after the chicane ... its less grippy there and everyone overshoots if they try to be fast over the chicane.

Hope you kick ass!
Old 02-21-2004, 01:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by markp27
Just wait for the summer! It may not be too warm, but if you go to the north of england, then you could, theoretically, drive from about 03:30 until 22:30 - as there is so much daylight!!!!
Mark, you got it sussed out! We'll give it a go this summer if you come over!
Old 02-21-2004, 01:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by redsand
No pivot pins as spares ?
Well, I've been bashing around my 710 real hard especially yesterday. It even showed me how it flies well into the fence at my new "home" track over the sweeper! The only thing that broke was one of the web you see on the top bumper plastic brace ... still useable!

So far I've not bent nor broke the pivot pins or pivot balls. Maybe I'm lucky but each time I go to the track all I take with me are pretty much that first part of my list.
Old 02-21-2004, 01:43 AM
Tech Elite

Aaaahhh ... one of my favourites! This is what Nitro racing is about, long, sweeping yet technical enough to be very interesting.

Are you racing? Good luck anyways.

Desmond was Champ last time, I came in 3rd or 4th, can't remember. That time the track was brand new and they didn't have that huge driver's stand. Also the main corners were not cemented as it is now which means it was eating up tires at the end of the straight and you had to use 45 shores.

Incidentally, that sweeper at the end of the straight is the key to a fast lap time, not to mention the left hander after the chicane ... its less grippy there and everyone overshoots if they try to be fast over the chicane.

Hope you kick ass!

Thanx for the tips man...I've not been there for 2 months, wonder if they've settled the little hump at the end of the sweeper. Quick question, what spur/pinion combo are you using?...for your last race at Titi. I just stripped a spur today after 2 tanks...16/61 and 21/57. But managed to play the whole day with a 16/60 and 21/56.

Old 02-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by crashed_1
Quick question, what spur/pinion combo are you using?...for your last race at Titi. I just stripped a spur today after 2 tanks...16/61 and 21/57. But managed to play the whole day with a 16/60 and 21/56.

I think I was using stock : 17/60 and 22/56 because the race was over the full track.

I changed over to a 61 spur for the final but wished I had the 16 pinion. Uncle Yap used it and he lost TQ by just 100th of second!
Old 02-21-2004, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks Pyramid and Sow&Steady........I still remembered getting 2 orginial Impulse kit back 5 years ago......you guys are right, getting extra kits does help me (personally) for a long run...however, I have to stock 710 parts for the track for the fellow 710 owners (most of them are 705 or NTC3 owner before)....so I just want to get a head start from Serpent to order parts for the up coming season....beside, selling parts individually makes more profit, then I will use those profit to get me the extra kits..........

I have 1 more question..........the rear shock tower..that is a rare one that ppl will break (at least 15 years of RC I don't recall I had every broke 1 shock tower...), but so far, I heard so many ppl broke that, if I remembered correctly, Serpent realized the 710 have quite a lot of parts are backorders for now, and those parts were not the usual parts that ppl broke on their Serpent....untill the 710........is the rear shock tower is one of the case?
Old 02-21-2004, 01:43 PM
Tech Champion

Initial D (or others who knows).........I have a question for you, I remembered back some 20-30 plus pages ago, you posted a picture on the Centax 3 flyweight modification (cuted the end of the weight and place it in between the shaft)..........I can't seems to find it, would you please direct me to the # of that page....

Thanks..........
Old 02-21-2004, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

I have 1 more question, it is about my 835 (upgraded from 02 spec).....which 2-speed and centax can I use beside the Centax 1...? I kinda think the 710 gear box MIGHT NOT work because the weight of the whole car might damaged the 0.8 pitch gears....but will 835 2-speed (same as the 705) work with the Centax 3? I heard someone said they are different.....and does not work. Will the 2-speed gear box of 705 work with the centax 3 with the centax 2 pinion gears....? Thanks
Old 02-21-2004, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Rookie Solara

I have 1 more question..........the rear shock tower..that is a rare one that ppl will break (at least 15 years of RC I don't recall I had every broke 1 shock tower...), but so far, I heard so many ppl broke that, if I remembered correctly, Serpent realized the 710 have quite a lot of parts are backorders for now, and those parts were not the usual parts that ppl broke on their Serpent....untill the 710........is the rear shock tower is one of the case?
Well, I haven't broken one yet but mine was cracked a little bit after going turtle. Since a lot of guys were breaking them I decided to buy another one and double up. I just used slow setting superglue and pasted the two together. Now it looks rock solid!
Old 02-21-2004, 08:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Which track D? Damn ... looks like I missed out this time.
Andalas. Same time as the race in KK though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.