Wiki Posts
Search

If it were you...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default If it were you...

if u race slash class and 1/8th scale buggys a lot, would you upgrade your slash for the mod sct class specifications with a brushless kit, the tires, ect? or would you get a backup motor for your buggy? im big into racing the buggys and mostly race it but i have a slash now and want to start racing it as well but its not quite fast enough. i mean i have a really good running engine in my buggy and have a lot of gallons left on it so its not like i NEED a new engine. so put yourself in my shoes and tell me your opinion. thanks!
Old 03-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
if u race slash class and 1/8th scale buggys a lot, would you upgrade your slash for the mod sct class specifications with a brushless kit, the tires, ect? or would you get a backup motor for your buggy? im big into racing the buggys and mostly race it but i have a slash now and want to start racing it as well but its not quite fast enough. i mean i have a really good running engine in my buggy and have a lot of gallons left on it so its not like i NEED a new engine. so put yourself in my shoes and tell me your opinion. thanks!
get the back up for the 1/8th since you enjoy it alot and just practice with the slash and alter setups

also the stock motor can be geared up to achieve more top end while keeping torque, change shock oils etc.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

go mod with the slash I love these little trucks stock is
ok but mod is more fun (faster) if you need a back up for
the buggy there are some good deals on here or get a b5
that is like only 3 bills
Old 03-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

back up engine, slash is boring no mater how fast they are
Old 03-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cary
go mod with the slash I love these little trucks stock is
ok but mod is more fun (faster) if you need a back up for
the buggy there are some good deals on here or get a b5
that is like only 3 bills
yea the B5 is what im getting along with the 2057 pipe IF i get the engine. that will be my race engine and my jammin will be a practice engine.

and i love racing the slashs. i have a track in my backyard thats perfect size for it which is just a little too small for 1/8th scale. and theres a ton around here as well as the mod class.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Stick with the Stock Slash class. Mod is faster, but costs a lot more money to be competitive (motor is only one upgrade you'll need).

The Stock class is meant to keep costs down, but it also forces you to be better about set up, and driving because, in theory, everyone is on a relatively level playing field.

I race 1/8 nitro truggy, and Spec Slash. Each has it's own nuances, and is fun in it's own right.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

If you have a good engine in the first place with a lot of life left, there's no reason to get a backup engine that will be unused in the pit box. Mod that SCT!
Old 03-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Do you club race? Or do you travel? If so is it that important to you that if your engine goes out to have a spare?
Old 03-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

i club race. if a engine quits on me during a race, im most likely not going to swap engines for the next race because ill be sick to my stomach that it blew up haha but it would be nice to have a practice engine... but it would also be nice to have a mod slash
Old 03-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

I hear ya man!! I want to do a lot of things also!!! COME ON LOTTO!!!! lol
Old 03-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

I just noticed you have a few R/C's why dont you sell one and do both?
Old 03-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
If I was in your shoes I'd look at it in terms of money, need to know how deep your pockets are. Lot of people are serious about racing but if they can't afford it then they just don't. If financials are alright then go ahead, worst case it would be another motor sitting around collecting dirt.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pin2Win
I just noticed you have a few R/C's why dont you sell one and do both?
bc i still like driving them all lol and i race 3 out of the 4
Old 03-25-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

That's an easy one. Buy the backup engine! Or better yet some new tires. Just anything for your buggy. I done tried that SC thing, and while it is tons of fun, it isn't 1/8 scale racing. I had a nice mod SC10 that I just sold. Truthfully I would probably have had more fun if I had just kept it stock. Once you get into mod, some of the "fun factor" goes away. Yes you get more speed, which is fun in it's own right, but you also get into more serious racing, which to me took some of the fun out of the class. I wish SC racing was less serious and more of just a "fun time". You know, racing the trucks like the real thing. Rubbing fenders and running together in a pack of trucks around the track. Now that there would be fun. Anyway, done with my brain mouth thing now. Do what you feel is a better move for you, but if it were me, I would put the $$ into the buggy and keep the slash stock. You never know when you will have an engine issue. Even if it is something as simple as an air leak, or a leaky bearing, it's always nice to have a spare engine to drop in.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

As you know i am a serious racer but my slash is just a toy to me it is a blast to race box stock it sits in the corner of my r/c room all week and when race day comes around i slap a lipo in it race it and put it back in the same spot i NEVER work on it it's just a "filler" class to me to help break up the race day. There are a lot of people who race them stock and mod but more often than not the higher level of racing is done in the buggy/truggy class--now before anyone tries to flame me i can see the sct class being as popular and as competitive as the buggy /truggy class its just not quite there yet, when it gets there i will be there too. 1)Tires 2)extra parts 3)extra servo 4)motor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.