Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Whats the point of all these new .21 motors? >

Whats the point of all these new .21 motors?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whats the point of all these new .21 motors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Whats the point of all these new .21 motors?

Every time a new motor come out people say it just like the (insert favorit motor here). Example the new JL .21 every one says its the same as the Killer 9. Vspec - Ninja , theres a lot more is you look into it. Why keep making new copies of old motors ?
What am i missing, there has to be some reason, right ?
Old 03-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

as improvements come out they update the motors, Just like chevy has done say with the 350 it was carburated then efi then fuel injection not sure what it is now
Old 03-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Madbrad
Every time a new motor come out people say it just like the (insert favorit motor here). Example the new JL .21 every one says its the same as the Killer 9. Vspec - Ninja , theres a lot more is you look into it. Why keep making new copies of old motors ?
They are not the same, maybe based off a different mill, you got to remember that alot of these engines are produced by the same few companies just sold under a different name.
and the Ninja is more of a speed than a vspec. But they are not the same, ports, mods, piston and sleeves, carbs ect......
Old 03-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by geejay
They are not the same, maybe based off a different mill, you got to remember that alot of these engines are produced by the same few companies just sold under a different name.
and the Ninja is more of a speed than a vspec. But they are not the same, ports, mods, piston and sleeves, carbs ect......
The JX21 Os based Ninja has been out since 2008, right? (non-bo1 "a") version. It's not that new, but it is a great engine.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

To make money. I think that sums up the answer to the title pretty well.

But really, with that, we get some killer engines, even if they are only adaptations of a different engine. The ninja for instance is NOT just a re-badged v-spec. It's very different in fact and is a great engine. They're both great engines, but they are different.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Madbrad
Nobody wants to admit that the new mill they just spent a fortune on is somehow not as good. Clearly, my engine is the best...
Old 03-15-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madweazl
Nobody wants to admit that the new mill they just spent a fortune on is somehow not as good. Clearly, my engine is the best...
silliness i tell ya , silliness
Old 03-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

each company is just trying to be more competitive with the other. Thus more ports are being added, Timing is altered, carbs are made bigger, and so on. all of these engines are not the same. Ninja is made by O.S. Now the blocks are the same but that's where the similarities stop. There is a myth that you have to change the con rod in the vspec after break in. I never heard this about the ninja. All engine are different. That's it!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ALLSPEED
each company is just trying to be more competitive with the other. Thus more ports are being added, Timing is altered, carbs are made bigger, and so on. all of these engines are not the same. Ninja is made by O.S. Now the blocks are the same but that's where the similarities stop. There is a myth that you have to change the con rod in the vspec after break in. I never heard this about the ninja. All engine are different. That's it!
Changing the Con Rod after break-in is no myth, and should be done to any and EVERY engine!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Changing the Con Rod after break-in is no myth, and should be done to any and EVERY engine!
Depends on how it is broke in
Old 03-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by houston
Come on Monty, you know it's the right thing to do. Even on Novarossi engines!

Anyway, I know some people will disagree, but IMO it's (relatively) cheap insurance that promotes a long lasting engine!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
Break-in bible method won't need a new rod?
Old 03-15-2010, 11:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

try a hand lapped piston from Clockwork..never change another rod after break in again..Oh wait..never break in an engine again! idle 1 tank and race tune..gotta love it, just added a gallon of race time to your engine
Old 03-16-2010, 01:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Unhappy

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Come on Monty, you know it's the right thing to do. Even on Novarossi engines!

Anyway, I know some people will disagree, but IMO it's (relatively) cheap insurance that promotes a long lasting engine!

Ao what's the over/under on "long lasting engine". I say anything over 8-9 gallons is great on original p/s/r etc... Bearings in the engine are like the bearings on the rest of your car - expendable ie not expected to last 9 gallons.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Ao what's the over/under on "long lasting engine". I say anything over 8-9 gallons is great on original p/s/r etc... Bearings in the engine are like the bearings on the rest of your car - expendable ie not expected to last 9 gallons.
Man I guess I am getting lucky. I have been running a .21 Trinity Extech for over a year now same engine. It has to have at least 7 gallons on it if not more. It is still running just like it did when I bought it.

I have had no problems with it except when I first got it and the putty fell out. Never filled it and have been running it every since.

I wish trinity was on the up and up with support and customer service. I would like to buy another one but very weary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.