Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 02:18 AM
Tech Master

Default Souvenir Car Numbers

A nice package arrived yesterday for the Ipanema 1/8 GT World Championship. Homestead Raceway has commissioned to have special souvenir car numbers to celebrate the first ever Ipanema 1/8 GT World Championship. These one of a kind car numbers will be used exclusively for the Ipanema World Championship event.
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-scan0006.jpg  
Old 02-18-2010, 02:21 AM
Tech Master

Default Homestead Raceway test and tune Saturday, Feb 20th

This Saturday, Feb 20th, will be a good day for all the GT racers to come to Homestead Raceway and get a chance to test and tune on the new larger track layout.

The track crew has been busy the past couple of days moving the drivers stand and ramp to the center outside of the track so everyone will have a much better and equal view of the circuit.

The timing system will be active on Saturday for lap times. Honey Homestead has been kind enough to agree to announce lap times throughout the day.

Homestead Raceway, if needed, will schedule specific timed practice sessions for the 1/8 GT cars and other classes of cars on Saturday.

The Countdown continues only:
29 Days
696 Hours
41,760 Minutes
2,505,600 Seconds
Old 02-18-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doug M
A nice package arrived yesterday for the Ipanema 1/8 GT World Championship. Homestead Raceway has commissioned to have special souvenir car numbers to celebrate the first ever Ipanema 1/8 GT World Championship. These one of a kind car numbers will be used exclusively for the Ipanema World Championship event.
Very cool!
Old 02-18-2010, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jeff

You got PM !!, Urgent ...

thanks,
Old 02-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Excellent!
Old 02-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks for making all us GT racers feel so welcome !!!!

Will be my pleasure to buy you a beer or 2

Is it March Yet !!!
Old 02-18-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default jammin x1x to gtp conversion

would it be hard to convert my x1xbuggy to one of these cars any help will be appreciated thanks bugsee2
Old 02-19-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

Doug M I know you are buzy But could you take a video of practice so we can see what the track will be like. Thanks for your hard work to get the track ready
Old 02-19-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

For those that are interested flying into Ft. Lauderdale seems to be alot cheaper check spiritair.com

Its almost time to start those engines.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ALMS FAN
For those that are interested flying into Ft. Lauderdale seems to be alot cheaper check spiritair.com

Its almost time to start those engines.
Yes, FLL can be a lot cheaper at times. The driving time will be anywhere from 1:00 to 2:00 hours depending on the time of day. 7:00am to 10:00am and 4:00pm to 7:00pm are the slowest times of the day to be driving.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bubba Cola
Doug M I know you are buzy But could you take a video of practice so we can see what the track will be like. Thanks for your hard work to get the track ready
OK, I will see what I can come up with, I will have to use my cell phone for this. Hmmm, where did I put the operators manual? Wow! there are just way to many menus and buttons to push on this thing!

Last edited by Doug M; 02-19-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Jeff, you got PM ... thanks ...

Pato
Old 02-21-2010, 03:15 AM
Tech Master

Default Homestead progress photos

Saturday, we had a test and tune at Homestead Raceway for the racers to come out and get a feel for the new layout. The track crew watched closely as the cars ran. They were busy making mental notes and marking areas that still need a little more work. We extend a big thank you to all of those who showed up to race their cars and help with making the track even better.

The track crew will make a few more tweaks on the surface to get it smooth. Once that is done, the new section of track will be striped and painted so it matches the rest of the track.

Picture 1
The photo was taken from the relocated drivers stand. You can see the barriers in the new section are clearly defined now. The track crew watched the cars as they practiced and gave the new section several small adjustments during the day. At the end of the day the entire track had a nice flow for good racing.

Picture 2
This photo shows the rubber belted material. This material has been used throughout for the new section. This is a much more car friendly material, that is virtually seamless, and it is easy to create turns of all types.
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-20-02-10_1315.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-20-02-10_1348.jpg  
Old 02-21-2010, 03:39 AM
Tech Master

Default Homestead video

Saturday, I took a bit of video at Homestead Raceway with my cell phone. I must say this was much more difficult than I imagined. Thankfully I have a day job, because videoing is not as easy as it looks. I apologize for my lack of proficiency, hopefully, you can get a better idea of the track layout. Next time I will see if someone else has the proper equipment and expertise to do this.

Video 1
This video was taken from the relocated drivers stand. You can see some of the track crew observing closely for high and low spots as the cars go from the old to new section and back into the old section.

The countdown continues, only:
26 Days
624 Hours
37,440Minutes
2,246,400 Seconds

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:43 AM
Tech Master

Default Homestead video

Saturday, I took a bit of video at Homestead Raceway with my cell phone. I must say this was much more difficult than I imagined. Thankfully I have a day job, because videoing is not as easy as it looks. I apologize for my lack of proficiency, hopefully, you can get a better idea of the track layout. Next time I will see if someone else has the proper equipment and expertise to do this.

Video 2
This video was taken closer to the new section of track. I was trying to give a better view of how the cars flowed in the new section.

The countdown continues, only:
26 Days
624 Hours
37,440Minutes
2,246,400 Seconds

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.