Wiki Posts
Search

To mod or not to mod

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
I run a Fusion Mod B3 in my buggy and a EB mod Extech in my truggy and yes they are fast but the thing I like is the motors just run better. I know they were built by Pros. I know Chris from fusion and he does a great job he told me that the mod is only part of what they do, they clean and lube your motor for break in. You dont have to worry there is metal shavings in your new motor.
http://www.reidrc.com/v-specos.htm
this is what the best motor mod guys do they just make a good motor better. I ran Rich Reid motors for a few years and they are nothing short of amazing. One day when I have the money I will get another Reid motor
Thats a cool link never saw that one
Old 02-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

oh bouy

strolling through ebay , check this out

http://cgi.ebay.com/Quality-nitro-en...item4a9e94247d
Old 02-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
oh bouy

Old 02-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
i mod therefore i am

proper modifications can produce engines that run excellent , improper modifications will F your engine up , there is plenty of the latter going around
Old 02-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

i mod therefore i am

proper modifications can produce engines that run excellent , improper modifications will F your engine up , there is plenty of the latter going around
Very true!
Old 02-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I have rebuilt modded motors from reputable modders that do not know which way the air flows in the motor, It amazes me.

Rex
Old 02-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 22Racer
I have rebuilt modded motors from reputable modders that do not know which way the air flows in the motor, It amazes me.

Rex
If you are thinking of a certain guy that has an r and a b in his name , trust me there are reasons that he does some of the stuff he does to cranks that may not look like they work but they do certain things to atomize fuel

His stuff is very crazy but it works , too much power for me , I prefer a uaseable powerband
Old 02-15-2010, 06:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you are thinking of a certain guy that has an r and a b in his name , trust me there are reasons that he does some of the stuff he does to cranks that may not look like they work but they do certain things to atomize fuel

His stuff is very crazy but it works , too much power for me , I prefer a uaseable powerband

fuel is atomized at the venturi (spraybar) ...any further contact inside the engine will actually separate the mixture...No amount of fancy cuts inside is going to increase atomization, in fact many of them are going to do the exact opposite....
Old 02-15-2010, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i used his engines and they do work.... very well... whatever he does he does it well...
Old 02-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Maximo
fuel is atomized at the venturi (spraybar) ...any further contact inside the engine will actually separate the mixture...No amount of fancy cuts inside is going to increase atomization, in fact many of them are going to do the exact opposite....
thats the first point and most important

what happens when the fuel/oil mix goes into the crankcase and bounces back and forth between the crank , the rod and the backplate ?

Last edited by houston; 02-15-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

thats the first point and most important

what happens when the fuel/oil mix goes into the crankcase and bounces back and forth between the crank , the rod and the backplate ?

it separates..... which is why you try to remove as much interference as possible.......you cannot re-atomize the mixture in the crankcase !
Old 02-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I run modded engines not because I have to have the fastest thing on the track(OK I can't deny it's kinda cool), but because they just run much better, well the ones from the guy who makes mine anyway.

What I get is an engine that idles better, has smother throttle response and will keep up with the higher dollar speeds, and RB's without me having to lean it within an inch of it's life. Notice how many drivers had flameouts in the just held worlds warm up race. Pro drivers could care less if their engine wears out after 2 gallons. Those 12min runtimes(or whatever they claim) can not be translated to the rest of us mortal racers. If I get an engine that is smooth, idles well and allows me to pit at 8-9 minutes comfortably, I'm more than happy.

But you better choose the guy to mod your engines wisely. Some modded sleeves look like they've been through the internals of a chipping machine. Other takes a skilled eye to spot what's been done, but once you drive it you can tell.

Last edited by neobart; 02-15-2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: bad spelling
Old 02-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by neobart
I run modded engines not because I have to have the fastest thing on the track(OK I can't deny it's kinda cool), but because they just run much better, well the ones from the guy who makes mine anyway.

What I get is an engine that idles better, has smother throttle response and will keep up with the higher dollar speeds, and RB's with me having to lean it within an inch of it's life. Notice how many drivers had flameouts in the just held worlds warm up race. Pro drivers could care less if their engine wears out after 2 gallons. Those 12min runtimes(or whatever they claim) can not be translated to the rest of us mortal racers. If I get an engine that is smooth, idles well and allows me to pit at 8-9 minutes comfortably, I'm more than happy.

But you better choose the guy to mod your engines wisely. Some modded sleeves look like they've been through the internals of a chipping machine. Other takes a skilled eye to spot what's been done, but once you drive it you can tell.
nice post bart
Old 02-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

...if I thought the engine would be better, there is no reason why I would not say to go ahead and modify an engine... there is no bias. The high end engines don't need to be modified, that is my opinion.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

oh bouy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.