Like Tree1Likes

OFNA LD3 pro

Old 01-25-2004, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I may just save up and get the Champ in a few months. I did see it in the RC Mushroom site AFTER I sent them an e-mail (d'oh!)

I sent a message to Tim Bump at NitroHouse. He admitted there was talk of having a champ edition in the US, albiet if the hard ano'd color similar to the tricked out version every magazine shows of the LD3 'Pro' (which isn't even close). He never did say what time, or how serious the talk is (I may press him on this later). So, you may be able to wait and Ofna will have one stateside, withot the 50-70 shipping charge (but without the orange color, too). Decisions, decisions...
Old 01-25-2004, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

But would the OFNA champion version be missing a few things like the OFNA pro verson ?
Old 01-25-2004, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default *BLING BLING!

Ehhh....I gotta say Im not much of a BLING BLING type...the ano is cool...but not a major concern...I do wish however, for an all inclusive kit...ie, carbon pieces, centax,one-way, and of course, the alum. arm/pin holders would be an extra nice touch.Heck, Id even sacrifice the foams n body for all that ...maybe Ill git my H7 PCR first....n wait n see a bit if maybe they release an SNR version ( or anything like the TW Champ Edition) of the LD3....UUUGGHHHHHHHHH!!! I dunno :|
Right now, Im still waitin on one more W2 before I can file...see what happens when I git my return
Old 01-25-2004, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Default Champ Ed.

From the reading that I have done, the Champ Edition has all the same features as the Hong-Nor Pro version, plus the Tangerine??? Ano pieces, and carbon top plate & shock towers.Both have a 3 mm chassis, but the Champ's is ano'd where the Pro is hard coated.Apparently both have only one 6 gear diff and the front one-way...where as....the U.S Pro version has two 6 gears diffs and the front one way...3 shoe instead of the centax, 2.7mm hard coated chassis, and the "flame" job body.
I may have missed a few things, but I believe this pretty much covers it all.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Pretty much got it I think

Champ has the 7075 chassis where Pro just has (6061?) 3mm chassis (and STD (and OFNA PRO) have the 2.7mm chassis..

Few other little differences also..

Anyway DTM has posted photos of his earlier in this thread
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&pagenumber=12
Old 01-25-2004, 06:32 PM
sup
Tech Addict

guys, tried out the mtx springs and it binds to the shock collar and spring retainers. is this ok? or should i file the springs to have some play? thanks! oh, the r40 springs fit perfectly too..
Old 01-25-2004, 10:44 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by sup
guys, tried out the mtx springs and it binds to the shock collar and spring retainers. is this ok? or should i file the springs to have some play? thanks! oh, the r40 springs fit perfectly too..
I would file the inner diameter of the spring until you have clearance on at least one side (collar or spring retainer). If you run 0 pre-load (ie. the springs lift off the retainers when you pick it up) then you will notice a difference in handling.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:54 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by au_Nightmare
The box seems to be the standard PRO box (with a sticker on it), maybe HN are not making a champion box yet?
The box actually has pictures of the STD version with simply a "Limited Edition" sticker on....I would not worry too much....its whats inside the box that matters!!!
Old 01-25-2004, 10:57 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by spenzalii
............... So, you may be able to wait and Ofna will have one stateside, withot the 50-70 shipping charge (but without the orange color, too). Decisions, decisions...
It is very possible to take a Pro version and add all the options on to make it a Champion edition (It would be expensive!). In fact the name "Champion edition" may be only used in Taiwan...because my Tangerine was only refered to as "Limited" edition....no reference to the word Champion......
Old 01-25-2004, 11:09 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Champ Ed.

Originally posted by NitroOB4You
From the reading that I have done, the Champ Edition has all the same features as the Hong-Nor Pro version, plus the Tangerine??? Ano pieces, and carbon top plate & shock towers.Both have a 3 mm chassis, but the Champ's is ano'd where the Pro is hard coated.Apparently both have only one 6 gear diff and the front one-way...where as....the U.S Pro version has two 6 gears diffs and the front one way...3 shoe instead of the centax, 2.7mm hard coated chassis, and the "flame" job body.
I may have missed a few things, but I believe this pretty much covers it all.
Those options you mention cost a lot if you buy them seperately, both are anodized but it different colours......

Heres a breakdown of the difference between the HN Pro and Limited (Champion) Editions; (Pro listed first...then limited).

1. Steering rack - Plastic vs Alloy
2. Right side upper deck - Plastic vs Graphite
3. Left side upper deck - None vs Graphite
4. shaft center mount - Plastic vs Alloy
5. Front bumper upper stay - Plastic vs Graphite
6. F/R Shock towers - Plastic vs Alloy/Graphite
7. Brake pads - Stick on vs Option
8. F/R anti roll bar mounts - Plastic vs Alloy
9. Rear floating mount - None vs std
10. Chassis - 6061 vs 7075

That is a pretty comprehensive list......and quite a lot of money!

To make the Limited edition "Full options"...you still need
1. Alloy lower A arm mounts (F/R)
2. Alloy steering servo mount
3. Alloy throttle servo mount
4. Nylon A arms (F/R)
Old 01-25-2004, 11:34 PM
Tech Champion

simply get the champion version and forget about the trouble.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:08 AM
sup
Tech Addict

Originally posted by dtm
I would file the inner diameter of the spring until you have clearance on at least one side (collar or spring retainer). If you run 0 pre-load (ie. the springs lift off the retainers when you pick it up) then you will notice a difference in handling.
thanks dtm!
Old 01-26-2004, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Default Part #s

Ok...perhaps I am a complete dumass ...but I caint seem to understand Ofna's site(perhaps it is simply because I havnt acutally looked at, let alone built an LD3 before).I am looking for part numbers for the Alum.
CNC lower arm holders...I see 4 different possibilities, but Im not sure...
1) Aluminum CNC Lower Arm, Holder
PART# 38446

2)Aluminum CNC Holder, Front Lower Arms
PART# 38447

3)Holder, Arm Pin, Graphite
PART# 38445

4)Aluminum CNC Holder, Rear Lower Arms
PART# 38448

Anyone care to enlighten me? ...I would like to get these and perhaps a few other extras when i first build, so I have the spares before I actually need them...thanks
Old 01-26-2004, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

My arm holders where just # LS-17, but thats a Hong Nor number. (Why OFNA renumber stuff, they should keep it the same like when XTM rebage the Rex-x they keep all the same MV part #'s)

I assume "Aluminum CNC Lower Arm, Holder PART# 38446" comes with the pivot balls.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Well...if you check out...
www.ofna.com
and look for the LD3 hop up options, there are pics there of all the parts I previously mentioned...I am just not familiar since I have never even seen one yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.