Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 06:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gixxerman
I in know way was or am pointing the finger at the Slah class or the persons who run them. Just stating the obvious for the question that was aked. I would hate to see Alex or anyone drive a distance to find out there would be no one there to race the class he was running. We have had a field of 1/8th scale buggies the past 2 weeks.

Also I'm glad to see that you musterd up enough balls to publicly state how you feel about TRS and it's dynamics.
I wasn't implying that your were pointing the finger, but there were weeks the only 1 or 2 people showed up for a race day and the race was canceled, thats what i was getting at.

on the other hand its a shame that i am the ONLY one that publicly stated how I feel about TRS and its dynamics. If more people would publicly post what they really think or say in the pits in private conversations maybe some things would change at the track. The low turn out is NOT due to lack of interest in RC in altoona, think back a few years when we had 20-30 racers weekly, not EVERYONE that has stopped coming lost interest, granted some may have totally lost interest, but everyone else stopped coming for other reasons and if everyone posted their opinion I think those reasons would become quite clear, Then poss. something could be done about it. All the private bi*ching and moaning is not gonna change a thing. lets get it out in the open and see if things change. I would hate to see r/c DIE in Altoona but I am afraid if something is not done soon, that seems to be where the path is leading!
Old 07-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Sunday !!!!!!

First off are we even racing? Come on guys with Slash's! We had 6 to 12 on any week in the winter and you all still got em. Bring them out this week and you could help to get things rolling again. I have raced at G's [Garlands] a couple times in the last month or so and they get 12 to 20 a week. It is really fun to race with that many trucks. We could have a big class also if we could get some one to race! Where you at[ Rematt's,Mcmullin[sp?],Travis,Jude and son,Josh,Stritty,Chuck,Trevor,Ben,Eric,Jared ect.?]. Lets get er going! Great weather this week! I propose we run three 6min qualifier's and a 10 min main. Anyone interested. This format is run weekly at G's and takin in well! No way we should be running 6 or 7 min main's, very least 8min. Im in how bout you????????????????????? Lets try to have power and timing up an hour at least before race time !!!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

what timw does racing start sunday

ya i kniow it never starts on time but an estimate is fine so u know what time i gotta leave
Old 07-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RaceAce701

ya i kniow it never starts on time but an estimate is fine so u know what time i gotta leave
The site is down Alex I'll try to find out.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RaceAce701

NEXT RACE: SUN. 7/19 @ 1:00
Old 07-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Addict

Default Over 120 veiws and no one????

Due to the fact that Im not into showing up and not having enough Slash's to race AGAIN, I am heading elsewhere to run that has a full class this Sunday!

Please post when you slash guy's want to get a race together at Altoona and I will be there! Im going on a definate not maybe this time! Later.............
Old 07-15-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
Due to the fact that Im not into showing up and not having enough Slash's to race AGAIN, I am heading elsewhere to run that has a full class this Sunday!

Please post when you slash guy's want to get a race together at Altoona and I will be there! Im going on a definate not maybe this time! Later.............
brian,
you going to do the enduro race at gs?
Old 07-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Addict

Matt we kicked the idea around but needed a third team member.Also the fact that Brent would have to stay up on the stand for a hour as with 10 or more teams it is to crowded to move his scooter up and down. I think we are headed to Richfield next week instead. I dont know about the whoops sect. and the huge vertical jump for Slash but I would like to support Aaron as things PROGRESS up there!

BTW how is Zach doing bro?

Last edited by PADIRTLMJUNKIE; 07-16-2009 at 04:05 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Matt we kicked the idea around but needed a third team member.Also the fact that Brent would have to stay up on the stand for a hour as with 10 or more teams it is to crowded to move his scooter up and down. I think we are headed to Richfield next week instead. I dont know about the whoops sect. and the huge vertical jump for Slash but I would like to support Aaron as things PROGRESS up there!

BTW how is Zack doing bro?
as far as me having to sit at the drivers stand for an hour, I could care less ill sit up there no problem, especially since they are building that new section for wheelchairs. Ill just chill while the other 2 race...find a 3rd driver and im in.....but i would also like to get up and support Aaron too. So either way I am in both tracks are accessible and i can actually see the track at both places, so your call!!
Old 07-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Champion

if one of you guys have a truck i can use/or use one of yours im in.ill be the
3rd partner to the team....i think....when is the race?

zach is still sedated...he has been running a fever and has an infection in his lungs from being on the resperator.

so they giving him anti biodics for the infection and tylenol for the fever.
i will keep you all posted...
Old 07-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Addict

Matt it is Sunday 7/26. Ill get with Brent and see what the deal is and Ill pm you.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Matt it is Sunday 7/26. Ill get with Brent and see what the deal is and Ill pm you.
ok lmk...i do have a lipo charger i can use...thats about it though...heck i might have to buy the new losi truck for short course racing...lol
Old 07-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default .

BTW how is Zack doing bro?
hey man, was at richfield tonight, ran the slash around a bit, the whoop section has been re designed and is much better now,more tame, and more do able with the slash's, also, the big vert is fine, just have to double it,
this was all with my stock slash with just a 6 cell.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I think we are headed to Richfield next week instead. I dont know about the whoops sect. ?
We drastically changed the whoop section today. It is now a rhythm section you can jump through if your crafty with the throttle finger. July 25 is cash race there with %100 pay out!-buggy, truggy, slash, mt

Cant make Toona this weekend cause of shows in Pittsburgh...
Old 07-16-2009, 03:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
hey man, was at richfield tonight, ran the slash around a bit, the whoop section has been re designed and is much better now,more tame, and more do able with the slash's, also, the big vert is fine, just have to double it,
this was all with my stock slash with just a 6 cell.
Thanks Isaac! I will be a definate for stock Slash action next week. I dont have many Sat. to race and Im free to roll on up there next week. I would think Brent and I will be together since we had been leaning toward Richfield next week anyway!!!!!! Thanks for the info bro!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.