Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Is Xray TC worth the high price? >

Is Xray TC worth the high price?

Is Xray TC worth the high price?

Old 07-10-2009, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Trust me I had all the cars out and still ended up with an X-Ray, Some people say all the new TC's are identical Drive/Build one and you'll see what all the hype is about, the car does'nt make you a fast driver just FASTER
Old 07-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I say all the cars on the market are worth the money. I have been racing 8 years(40-45 weekends a year). I have seen the leaps and bounds that the car has grown.

It just a matter of what you are willing to spend. In my case I run the Kyosho Stallion(1st gen). It was stupid priced I thought and now 3 years later I still run the car and feel like it was great money spent. I run against all the new cars and have no problem getting my victories. Its all in what you want and the support you can get.

Good luck,
Joe
Old 07-10-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
I say all the cars on the market are worth the money. I have been racing 8 years(40-45 weekends a year). I have seen the leaps and bounds that the car has grown.

It just a matter of what you are willing to spend. In my case I run the Kyosho Stallion(1st gen). It was stupid priced I thought and now 3 years later I still run the car and feel like it was great money spent. I run against all the new cars and have no problem getting my victories. Its all in what you want and the support you can get.

Good luck,
Joe
I agree. The car is worth it, but I wont pay it. So I bought a nice newer used Type R and it runs with everyone else just fine and I saved enough for that $200+ ESC and motor. :P Thats a deal to me.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have an xray and another very popular car that is made in the country where walmart sources all its products.The difference in quality between the two is night and day.

The lack of quality can be a real problem. Poor fitting components, the purchase of tools to do jobs that had not been done in the factory and considerable time added to the construction of the kit.

The cost of quality and quality control is significant and that is something that I am willing to pay for these days.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I personnally run AE

But I will say this, there must be a good reason why probably half of the TC's raced where I race are Xray's.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Outofcash
I am looking to get a new TC and I'm really wondering if Xray is worth the high price? TOP, HB, AE are all about $150.00 to $200.00 dollars less. That's a huge difference. So I'm asking is it worth it?
That's interesting... here in central Europe, the Xray is one of the cheapest car of the bunch if you have to pay for it yourself (416, BD5, Cyclone etc)

Old 07-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ioxqq
J.Filipow: Don't 100% trust rc magazine. You think XRC Magazine will write about how good is Xray if Xray do not give them money? it is all about money. We live in world of business remember. Look at those car, hifi magazines. They work the same way.
Generally speaking, I agree with you. However, I assembled, tested and wrote the review PERSONALLY for the Xray 009 for XRC, so I trust what I wrote. I am not a paid employee of XRC/Think Omnimedia, RCAmerica or Xray.

And I also stand by my review as they are my own words.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Stein Tumert
That's interesting... here in central Europe, the Xray is one of the cheapest car of the bunch if you have to pay for it yourself (416, BD5, Cyclone etc)

They probably don't want asian or yank cars dominating their back yard!
Iwonder what it would cost to buy an x-ray from Sweden and ship it over? anyone done this?
Old 07-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

Default xray

well my girlfriend and my self both run the origonal t2 cars and they are more than tough enugh to take the abuse that they get handed and they are still competive a friend barrowed her car and took 2 nd in 13.5 against a new car. they do make alum. rear uprights and other parts. i run alum. on both carsand have no problems at all.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I run a fk04 with a brushed setup and just switched to lipo and I am still competative. If you amertise the cost of a car over five years then you are looking at a hell of a deal!
Old 07-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hell yes there worth the money !!!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

not sure if my opion matters much here but:

tonight i rebuilt my car for the first time in 2 months. And i only rebuilt the car tonight honestly to remember how to wrench on it lol... this car is bullet proof, my car has taken its fair share of beatings and hasn't one given up. Anything that has gone, was my fault. (Broke a c-hub on a track spike that i clipped down the back stretch.) Bearings are still good and smooth as well. Over 65 runs.

now i just need to find some speedo horsepower
Old 07-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

I love them. I used to have 2 x FK05's and they were tough cars. I only ever broke anything when the tracks were real ball breakers and I had some severe crashes I must say. Even then, compared to other cars at the same track's damage was always negligible. I have not broken a part on my 008 in the 6 months i've had it and at my track currently, about 10 guys race Xrays. We are all reasonably fast and if we ever break something 9 times out of 10 someone will have a spare as no local hobby shop carriers spares for Xray.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

These threads make me want to buy an xray. I really want to see what you guys are talking about.

I won't lie though. I recently picked up a used tc5. And coming from a tc4, I am not impressed as far as fit goes. There seems to be more play in my tc5 than my tc4. Granted, I did have my tc4 for a little longer and I did work on it a lot more to get it where I wanted. I guess I just expected more. I kind of settled and just accepted the tc5 as it is.

--pakk
Old 07-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Kent just why in the hell did you start this thread if you are only on the hunt for a PHi 009???? LOL we talked about this earlier today or was it thursday. now you just had to go and get everyone all gased up didnt ya. by the way something is loose in your steering its not the servo. you got to much slop somewhere. maybe trying to replace all the components would help. JL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.