Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system >

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Old 07-09-2009, 04:47 AM
Tech Adept

Ed, just a quick question but did you reset your transmitter settings once you updated the firmware on the speed controller?

Also Craig or Ed are you down at kemble this weekend weather dependant or is your next visit next weekend for the national?

If there is still room at 4.2 to improve then I am fast running out of spurs lol
Old 07-09-2009, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

I m looking for a new esc and this RB50 is in one of my list. I m only running mod class usually 3.5 -4.5t motor. What are the advantages if I run this esc, I mostly read its got advantage in stock or superstock class as it has a Turbo function as i understand. Can this Turbo function be switch on when running mod and will I gain more speed with that?

Thanks.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

I wont be at the track this weekend as ive got to work

I might be able to get to the track sometime next week though before the track closes on friday.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Tech Adept

Hi dameetz,

Turbo function is useful in Mod class also. If using other speedo, when you turn down the motoring timing to save power and gain better corning, you will lose straight line speed. If you turn up timing, it will consume more power and over power in corner (always under steer since too much power).
If using RB50, you can have smooth corning and high straight line speed at the same time !! This is the soul of our system and design concept.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE
Hi dameetz,

Turbo function is useful in Mod class also. If using other speedo, when you turn down the motoring timing to save power and gain better corning, you will lose straight line speed. If you turn up timing, it will consume more power and over power in corner (always under steer since too much power).
If using RB50, you can have smooth corning and high straight line speed at the same time !! This is the soul of our system and design concept.
What about time shift function? Is it specifically for Super stock/ stock class racing? Do you cover any warranty if I buy it not directly from you or do you prefer I buy direct? coz I assume buying direct will give me the latest updated firmware version...right?

Those of you who has experience this ESC in mod can you give any comments...

Thanks.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

dameetz,

Timeshift function is something similar to motor timing, but in dynamic way. It helps in smooth corning and smoother acceleration / deceleration. Peoples always concerning top speed and punch but we think consistent and smooth corning is the key.
You can buy any where since you can download our latest firmware and update your self. If you buy from our web store, we will pre-install the latest software.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamesalex
Ed, just a quick question but did you reset your transmitter settings once you updated the firmware on the speed controller?

Also Craig or Ed are you down at kemble this weekend weather dependant or is your next visit next weekend for the national?

If there is still room at 4.2 to improve then I am fast running out of spurs lol
Yeah, I re-set and checked the programming after updating, I think it wise to do so anyway, can't hurt!

I'm not gonna be able to make it up to cots this weekend, so next trip up is for the national.

HiH
Ed
Old 07-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TryHard
Yeah, I re-set and checked the programming after updating, I think it wise to do so anyway, can't hurt!

I'm not gonna be able to make it up to cots this weekend, so next trip up is for the national.
I totally forgot to reset mine so that is done, I hope I can test a few more gearing options and that this weekend.

Ok roll on the national, see you next weekend.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:39 AM
Tech Initiate

for used with a 9.5T motor, what do you advice me between the RB30 and the RB50?
Old 07-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

whats the price for one of these?
Old 07-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

youb:

For serious racing, RB50 is the choice. If you only run 9.5T or slower motor and not racing much, RB30 can save you some money and still gives good performance.

morris:
Take a look:
http://www.teamwaveonline.com/2007/order.htm
Old 07-16-2009, 01:51 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks for your answer so I think I'll buy the RB50
Old 07-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Well I will be parting ways with Wave products.After having a speedo smoke as soon as it was plugged in when it was 2 mos old and has seen a total of 2 race days worth of use Wave responds telling me basically that it is going to cost me to have it repaired. So with the cost of the speedo and the cost of shipping it to hong kong to pay to have it repaired equals = I should have bought a tekin RS speedo so if this situation happened with them there would be a waranty to cover the repair

These speedos do perform nicely,but if wave wants to take a share of the market from the big boys(Tekin,Novak,LRP) They may want to re-think their waranty/customer support strategy!! Because If I would have had a Tekin, novak, or LRP smoke on me like that It would have been handled with the quickness. To me right now it's going to be worth the extra $$ to just deal with a name that I know stands behind their product 100%. And before the flaming starts here is my set-up that it smoked on;
novak 17.5 in a stock 2wd buggy motor timing at factory setting
Geared to run at 120-130F range on a small outdoor track
timing shift on 4
turbo off
no drag brake(I like coast in my buggy)
drive profile set to default
brake profile set to default
Li-po cut -off set to 3.4v per cell
Ambient air temp was around 65*f

1st run of the night went fine, 2nd run plugged in a fresh lipo(Deans plugs),turned the switch on and POOF!! thats all she wrote.

Got a total of 9 5 minute runs out of the speedo so it cost me $13.33333 per qualifier to run this speedo.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:57 PM
Tech Master

Is this what they call an "isolated" incident?
Old 07-22-2009, 12:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have to say, I've not had any issues with my Wave. Actually, tell a lie, I had one concerning the switch after an update, but that was my fault!

Anyway, it's been 100% reliable, very fast and smooth. In fact it helped me to my first national A this past weekend!
And Max's support is fantatic, I usually get an email response in 24hrs.

Very happy with my choice
Ed

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.