Wiki Posts
Search

new to the onroad side of the hobby

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 12:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default new to the onroad side of the hobby

hello im new to the onroad side of RC but i aquired a duratrax delphi indy car through a trade i plan on putting an Reedy NEO1 9t and a sphere ESC and run 2s 4000 lipo, i was wondering if this is a desent car to start with i know its not the best but whats yalls take on it. Is it a good one to learn with as i have found parts are CHEAP if i go to running into stuff

Old 06-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Welcome to onroad!
the motor will be a little more then the car can handle. if staying with brushless go with a 17.5 or 13.5 the 9t you'll just sit and spin that car as it's only 2wd. getting a associated tc5 or xray t2r would be a better start as 4wd is easier to drive and control. the only other thing is F1 style cars are a real regional thing. you may night find many trracks that run a specific class for them. if you get a track that says they don't have a class for you tell them you just want to run without counting. any track time you get passing or getting out of the way will help you in the long run. after saying all that, it looks like a good car not a lot of plastic parts to break.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

iv got a novak 13.5 sensored on on of my buggys i could swap. that would be a better setup for it, is the lipo gonna be to much, sould i stick with NiMh?
Old 06-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I honestly don't think it will matter. That original motor combo was just going to be too much for something like that. That combo should work well, just keep all 4 wheels on the ground
Old 06-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

lipos are easier to work with and the power issue is about even now. plus you'll get more run time out of lipo for sure. that means more practice time. just recharge and go. no discharging mulitple pack crap.