Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree456Likes

Your Custom Paintjobs

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Here is my 2nd attempt at airbrushing. Still a few area that need practice on. But over all happy with it. Let me know what you all think. Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you boys are good with photo shop or dose everyone get 2 bodies painted at the same time
Old 05-25-2009, 01:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

A few i painted over the weekend.
Your Custom Paintjobs-marks.jpg

Your Custom Paintjobs-craig.jpg
Old 05-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crash1
you boys are good with photo shop or dose everyone get 2 bodies painted at the same time
Nah man, some people who get bodies painted want a certain "theme" so their cars can be identified on the track under sombody's name.

Here are some i painted a long time ago for Robert Gonzales, no photoshop, just simular design and colors.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Something quick I did a few days back, for the the prefemca race in malaysia.

Partial idea taken from jconcept website mp9 body but color combination a bit different.

Also posted the mask I created on easydraw to get this outline cut on the LM.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default BCg Industries house car

Here is my Parma exciter lid on my Losi 2.0 I finally got a body done for me that has been sitting around. All the flag is glitter and the rest is all cool effects with other color changing paint. Thanks to Parma and Faskolor for all there support and greta products to make all our racecars look good. Thanks To Racefactor Industries and Russell For all you help

Old 05-25-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

Nice looking paint job PIMP. I like the "vents" on the side of the body. It's amazing how much different the 8ight-T 2.0 looks with that body on it. It looks so much shorter than it does with the stock body. I drive the same truggy and I'm just finishing up a Proline Shift 8ight-T 2.0 body with something really different. I'll post when it's all done (probably later this week).
Old 05-26-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Here is my new shell cut out and put on my truck................What do you all think? Also is there an easy way of cutting out the unused portion of the body? Any tips on that would be appreciated. I just used the exacto knife and then kind of broke away the plastic.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by PIMP_9000
Here is my Parma exciter lid on my Losi 2.0 I finally got a body done for me that has been sitting around. All the flag is glitter and the rest is all cool effects with other color changing paint. Thanks to Parma and Faskolor for all there support and greta products to make all our racecars look good. Thanks To Racefactor Industries and Russell For all you help

Nice paint job Pimp. Really like the vent effect. Great job. How long have you been painting? Hoping to get that good with practice. Keep up the great work.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Heres a old pro line semi i had laying around that i Rattle canned!!!!
Had to cut all the paint mask out by hand and blue tape.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ~TJ~
Nice paint job Pimp. Really like the vent effect. Great job. How long have you been painting? Hoping to get that good with practice. Keep up the great work.
this was my 294th car the 28th of may is a year of painting
Old 05-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

New Cup Racer body

Old 05-27-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Initiate

hey guys... im looking to do a job for my soon to be slash.. and i've never painted before. so i have a few questions.
1. Does anybody know much about spraying a layer of paint (with a can) and then trying to dab at it with paper towel.. to get a sort of marbled, splotchy effect? I know people use this often on walls and such, but i don't know how well it will work for the thin layers used in rc paint. My idea was to do a bold green with a black background.

2. If i were to do a body with a white base, and green and black designs, in which order should i do these? Would i cut the mask, peel for the sections of base and then spray the white background, then do the green and black designs, or would it be best to go in the reverse direction?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Acrylic sealer

Hello. What I can use to seal the paint in order to make it more durable? I’m painting with Parma and Createx acrylic colors. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by joey123091
hey guys... im looking to do a job for my soon to be slash.. and i've never painted before. so i have a few questions.
1. Does anybody know much about spraying a layer of paint (with a can) and then trying to dab at it with paper towel.. to get a sort of marbled, splotchy effect? I know people use this often on walls and such, but i don't know how well it will work for the thin layers used in rc paint. My idea was to do a bold green with a black background.

2. If i were to do a body with a white base, and green and black designs, in which order should i do these? Would i cut the mask, peel for the sections of base and then spray the white background, then do the green and black designs, or would it be best to go in the reverse direction?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Marbelling is easily done. Simply lay plastic wrap over the well painted area, smoosh around, and peel off. Or dab at it with balled plastic wrap, but I prefer the texture from smooshing the plastic around when it's laid on.

Always paint dark colors first, light colors last. In your case, a heavy green coat, marble it with plastic wrap, back with black. Then peel remaining masking and paint the white (pactra white, or tamiya, or whatever I assume. Do NOT EVER EVER paint pactra white fluorescent cover coat directly to clear lexan, it does NOT bond. It bonds ONLY to paint already down, such as a flourescent color.) If you cannot paint dark to light for some reason (there are occasions) back light with a coat of white and then a coat of silver. Then you can paint dark colors.

Also, you do realize you are painting the INSIDE of the shell, not the outside? I've had a friend paint the outside, not realizing the point of clear lexan. We mocked him. A lot.

Here's an example of green marbelling on Korey Harbke's car for the Reedy Race:

Originally Posted by plamski
Hello. What I can use to seal the paint in order to make it more durable? I’m painting with Parma and Createx acrylic colors. Thanks in advance for your help.
I usually back with rattle can pactra white or white flourescent cover coat. Avoid pactra pearls (or silver) as they have more lacquer per unit volume and will strip acryllic paint.

Last edited by Kcdzim; 05-27-2009 at 09:59 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.