Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StewartFan20
Hello,

How is everyone determining whether to changer motor or speedo timing? For example, if you have 0 motor timing and 20 speedo timing, how would you determine to use 10 motor timing and 20 speedo timing or 0 motor timing and 30 speedo timing? Is it track size, traction levels, or personal preference?

Thanks
Being motor timing is over the entire RPM range of the motor, for shorter tracks (Ex 90' x 50') 0 motor timing and higher boost is better. For larger tracks where there's not as many tight turns and is more open flowing than 10-20deg on the motor with 20-30 on the ESC. When dealing with timing your going to have to test different scenarios as every track is different, but these are decent starting points. The goal is to try and reach 30-40deg total timing.

Also, remember to gear 5-7 teeth (64pitch) less then people running non-timing capable ESC's (ex. Novak GTB)
Old 05-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

What FDR are you guys running at speedworld with a 17.5? I think I'm going to play around there sunday if the weather is good.

--pakk
Old 05-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pakk
What FDR are you guys running at speedworld with a 17.5? I think I'm going to play around there sunday if the weather is good.

--pakk
I believe racers are running 3.9-4.2 I'll double check and post back later. They are racing on Saturday and there will be more help at the track if you can make it then, but if you just want more track time then Sunday is the day to go.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hk peoples used RS Pro in stock motor ( 10.5,11.5,13.5,17.5T... )had faster than LRP ESC,
because can change timming
Old 05-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Hk peoples used RS Pro in stock motor ( 10.5,11.5,13.5,17.5T... )had faster than LRP ESC,
because can change timming

And at modified?????
Old 05-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by higbo
And at modified?????
MOD motor not have big different !
Old 05-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gortan
i cant say anything about 1s functionality... otherwise 198 worked well for me.

May I suggest however (again ) to drop the nice looking graphics in the UI to a more functional one that easy to see what you have selected and easier to control.

Is it just me that when i put the mouse on the slider it's extremely difficult to move more than a couple of points at a time? you have to point to it again and click and drag again to move a futher couple of points...

granted u can use the up down arrows, etc...

g
I concur completely. The interface design is just horrible... For one thing, I cannot read the text over the buttons on the right. It looks like black text over dark red/black background. I also have issues moving the sliders... They don't slide from top to bottom with one swipe... you have to sorta move it some of the way, then re-click to move it some more.. re-click to move it some more.. over and over until you get it to the top. Sometimes it will slide all the way to like 95% then stop.

I have another suggestion... when the program is installed, it would be nice to have the version listed right along side the name of the program in the add/remove programs list.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I agree as well. I mean, the Hotwire interface is cool and fancy, but gets in the way of function. Is there a way to turn off the skin and get a regular window?
Old 05-05-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

+3 on the interface, need something better without all the graphics.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Try using the interface on an EPC, it doesnt even fit on the screen properly
Old 05-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

+5

But still luv the RS
Old 05-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

+6 on the interface
Old 05-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ok guys we get it. We're looking into "alternatives." We think that having a different interface for each unit sets them apart. I personally like knowing what esc I'm plugged into by seeing the graphic.

I do understand that some "uses" may require a different size to fit the screen.

As always: You talk, we listen.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
I personally like knowing what esc I'm plugged into by seeing the graphic.
Could be as simple as text in the upper corner displaying what esc you're plugged into, software version, and firmware version. I wouldn't mind this interface at all, if it worked properly... The sliders are broken, and the text is unreadable. The cool design itself isn't bad at all...

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
As always: You talk, we listen.
Thanks for listening Randy.. we greatly appreciate it. I can't speak for everybody, but it feels REALLY REALLY good buying a product like my new RS and RS pro (yes, i have two), knowing there are guys like you right here on the forums ready to help us out with anything we encounter. For that reason alone, you won't see me running anything else. And when it comes to track days.. that kind of helpful information spreads fast

New kid: "Say... why do you run the tekin?"
Cpt. America "bla bla its the best... bla bla personal help from the guys at Tekin directly on the forums helping out in an incredibly quick fashion..."

It really is invaluable.

Another bug I have, is the text "Descriptions", dont completely show so you almost cannot even read what you are choosing. For example, when you right click the slider that changes it from fw/rv/break, forward / break / no reverse.. it only shows like the first 9 or 10 characters (dont recall exactly, would have to go look), and the rest are just cutoff. I can only assume the one I chose was forward and break only, no reverse.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Exclamation Graphical User Interface Development

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
I concur completely. The interface design is just horrible... For one thing, I cannot read the text over the buttons on the right. It looks like black text over dark red/black background. I also have issues moving the sliders... They don't slide from top to bottom with one swipe... you have to sorta move it some of the way, then re-click to move it some more.. re-click to move it some more.. over and over until you get it to the top. Sometimes it will slide all the way to like 95% then stop.

I have another suggestion... when the program is installed, it would be nice to have the version listed right along side the name of the program in the add/remove programs list.
Hi All,

(1) The comments appearing on this thread are starting to reflect my own thoughts on the user interface. It does appears as though the Tekin software developers have never programed in a Windows environment before. All very clunky.

(2) I suggest that the software developers follow the Windows programming style guide. The look and feel of the Tekin interface will then fit in with the expected windows experience. If nothing else, Mr Microsoft has brought consistency & practicality to our user interface experience. The use of standard sliders, tick boxes, radio buttons, menu bar, pull down menus, dragable windows, minimisable windows, etc, is what everyone expects. Its a mature user interface and should be used. Yes, there is a learning curve for the software developers but that is for the benefit of the end customer.

(3) There is nothing stopping the inclusion of a graphic in an area of the window which uniquely represents each Tekin product.

(3) I partically dislike the red colour scheme. The human eye has a certain focusing depth of field, and red is right up one end of the colour spectrum. When used with other colours towards the other end of the spectrum, the eye has to continuously refocus on the colours. You are not consciously aware of this, except for annoying eye strain, and later headaches. Once again, the Tekin window should inherit the colour palette selected by the user (colour palette should be the user's preference, not the software developers preference).

(4) I have had young software engineers develop prototype graphical user interfaces for engineering based windows applications. Using one of the many Microsoft development environments, it would take a morning to setup all of the graphical user interface functionality required (in the current hotwire). The development environment then translates the GUI into code, and a set of stubs for the back end software. The back end software can then be added and take whatever software development paradigm you see fit.

(5) If you are planning to add extra functionality, you can put placeholders in the user interface and ghost it out (as you see fit). Every type of user input has been done before, so there are plenty of practical examples around.

Hope this helps future graphical user interface development.
Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.