Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin' X2 Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 07:59 AM
Suspended

Hello.

Has anyone experienced excessive wear on the pins off the center bones?

Last edited by Pdpower; 04-12-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Adept

Tq'd my first race with the new X2 yesterday. Overall, I'm very happy with it. Seems to be much higher quuality than the D8 was, as only time will tell, but so far, I've had a few incidents where I doubt my old car would've survived... Pretty strong ride. I TQ'd the fiirst round and backed it up by beating my time in the second, so I guess it wasn't just a fluke... But everyone was having a ton of trouble since the track was way blown out... worse than you normally see at Rev. Seems its' been getting worse lately and they're not doing much to fix it. Strange. Anyone know why, or talk to Dana about it?

I had a ton of trouble in the main once I flamed out, and fell a lap down. Trying to play catch-up on a destroyed track is not fun at all... Very difficult to go extra fast and not catch a hole somewhere and lose it. Somebody said I got all the way back up to third at one point, but diidnt know it, and kept pushing too hard and it caused mistakes... But my old, tired O.S. wasn't helping at all, and I had to pull way too much trigger to get it to sing, which combined with a rough track, and low-traction caused a nightmare. But I'm really happy overall to see that I can go fast with the car without doing too much to the setup. It's going to be interesting to work on in the future.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pdpower
Hello.

Has anyone experienced excessive wear on the pins off the center bones?
Nope, not yet, but I've only got about 3/4 gallon on the car... I did over-tighten the set screw on the center-rear drive cup, and it actually cracked right in half! just a hairline crack appeared accross it where the lightning hole is drilled and the screw goes through...
Old 04-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Big Thank you to Jammin Products for sponsoring the 2009 Northwest Championship Tour 1/8 buggy class! the biggest race series in the US keeps on strong because of support like this!

http://www.northwestchampionshiptour.com
Old 04-14-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi guys -

Been a huge Hong Nor / Jammin fan for a while here, but in Australia, the price was relatively expensive, especially compared to all these 2nd generation cars which come out. Then I spent a fair bit of time talking about the car with the Aussie distributor, and I ended up going from AE to HN, and haven't been happier. The price, parts and support I get are 2nd to none. The car isn't the lightest, but it's more the driver than the end product to me, and I'll get it dialed in soon enough. The X2CRT is unreal, and like most HN products, there's no need to buy hopups - they're built in to the kit! With the dual rate cranked up, steering is fast enough and fluid enough, and I am sure to stick with the brand for a long time now.

If there's anyone out there who races high traction tracks, ie grass, astro, can you let me know - as I'd love your set up.

Thanks guys.

M.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NsideLine
Tq'd my first race with the new X2 yesterday. Overall, I'm very happy with it. Seems to be much higher quuality than the D8 was, as only time will tell, but so far, I've had a few incidents where I doubt my old car would've survived... Pretty strong ride. I TQ'd the fiirst round and backed it up by beating my time in the second, so I guess it wasn't just a fluke... But everyone was having a ton of trouble since the track was way blown out... worse than you normally see at Rev. Seems its' been getting worse lately and they're not doing much to fix it. Strange. Anyone know why, or talk to Dana about it?

I had a ton of trouble in the main once I flamed out, and fell a lap down. Trying to play catch-up on a destroyed track is not fun at all... Very difficult to go extra fast and not catch a hole somewhere and lose it. Somebody said I got all the way back up to third at one point, but diidnt know it, and kept pushing too hard and it caused mistakes... But my old, tired O.S. wasn't helping at all, and I had to pull way too much trigger to get it to sing, which combined with a rough track, and low-traction caused a nightmare. But I'm really happy overall to see that I can go fast with the car without doing too much to the setup. It's going to be interesting to work on in the future.

The Jammin is a good car, very durable, glad you like it, I too had an engine issue on a blown out track recently, 1st to last, 1st to last, last to second at the 30 minute mark, the platform held up really well, my tuning, did not...
Old 04-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

When I spoke to the Aussie HN importer, he described to me in detail, the HN tooling and manufacturing process. It's such high quality, which is reflected in the price of the kit. Not having a go at other brands, but how many people who have purchased D8, RC8, Losi 8ight, have kept them with the OEM parts? not many I bet.. I know one racer at our club who changes drive shafts on his D8 about as often as I come in for a fuel stop!
Old 04-15-2009, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Marz
Hi guys -

Been a huge Hong Nor / Jammin fan for a while here, but in Australia, the price was relatively expensive, especially compared to all these 2nd generation cars which come out. Then I spent a fair bit of time talking about the car with the Aussie distributor, and I ended up going from AE to HN, and haven't been happier. The price, parts and support I get are 2nd to none. The car isn't the lightest, but it's more the driver than the end product to me, and I'll get it dialed in soon enough. The X2CRT is unreal, and like most HN products, there's no need to buy hopups - they're built in to the kit! With the dual rate cranked up, steering is fast enough and fluid enough, and I am sure to stick with the brand for a long time now.

If there's anyone out there who races high traction tracks, ie grass, astro, can you let me know - as I'd love your set up.

Thanks guys.

M.
Good to hear you're happy with it! Here is Matt Gosch's setup from Motorama... It may be what you're looking for. I know that the traction was very high from what I've heard, and if you notice, he runs a very light oil/small hole piston shock setup as well...
http://www.jamminproducts.com/CRsetu...setGoschIN.pdf
Old 04-15-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fast11970
The Jammin is a good car, very durable, glad you like it, I too had an engine issue on a blown out track recently, 1st to last, 1st to last, last to second at the 30 minute mark, the platform held up really well, my tuning, did not...
Lol, yep... Hey, do you know if anyone runs the Z-brace aluminum chassi stiffener on the chassis of the X2 for any reason??? I noticed that on both my car, and my friends' Kaulins', the clutch bell gets smashed into the chassis when the chassis flexes in the middle a lot, and there is a dent that actually is sticking out of the bottom of the chassis where it happens! This seems way extreme for me, and I'd be interested in making sure my motors are at least protected by minimizing the flex a bit. That can't be good for the engine! I'll try and post a pic here tonight when I get home from work...
Old 04-15-2009, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

Sh!t...does the chassis flex that much!
Are you running plastic or alloy braces dude?
Old 04-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Lol, yep... Hey, do you know if anyone runs the Z-brace aluminum chassi stiffener on the chassis of the X2 for any reason??? I noticed that on both my car, and my friends' Kaulins', the clutch bell gets smashed into the chassis when the chassis flexes in the middle a lot, and there is a dent that actually is sticking out of the bottom of the chassis where it happens! This seems way extreme for me, and I'd be interested in making sure my motors are at least protected by minimizing the flex a bit. That can't be good for the engine! I'll try and post a pic here tonight when I get home from work...

I use the one piece mount, are you using the two piece? I have not seen that on mine.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I use the one piece also. on my x1 rtr I noticed that until i put the chassis brace on. now I use the one piece on the x2.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Suspended

Hi.
I'm using plastic brace in front and stock rear, but i to noticed a little scratch on the chassi, it was a one time only, never happened since.

As for the pin wear i mentioned above, well today i just repaced them for new pins, and the bones are race ready again!

Cheers

P.S. I was going to post some pics but a forum rule don't allow me to do so just yet....
Old 04-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

the clutch bell gets smashed into the chassis when the chassis flexes in the middle a lot, and there is a dent that actually is sticking out of the bottom of the chassis where it happens!
Mine does this too. I think it actually caused me to flame out on one of my quals last weekend, and then I noticed the dent while working on my car this week. I'm using the two piece mount. May have to pick up the one piece mount.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:24 PM
Tech Addict

My X2 flamed out on the weekend's qualifiers, but I figured it was a dud plug.
I haven't looked at it since last Friday, but I will now..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.