Community
Wiki Posts
Search

a lil engine help

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default a lil engine help

well i have a jammin x1-crt and im starting to notice that the engine is starting to loose power(stock ofna force .28) now ive ran this thing allot and won allot of races at my local track ive got a jp-2 series pipe on it and ive had it on there since i broke it in and raced it for the first time, im overall new to gas and dont know very much ive been racing going on 7 years but this is my first gas and ive havent had it all to long(over a year),

i was wondering if i could get some recomendations on a new engine or possible ways to save the one i have now,

but i wanna state that im not rich so the pricy stuff i dont even look at, thank you all for reading and giving your imput.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

anyone a lil help?
Old 04-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You are better off getting a new engine. it is not worth rebuilding engines usually, especially the cheap RTR engines. What kinda budget are you on for a new engine and pipe?
Old 04-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

well prolly around 300 or so maybe a lil less,

i must say that .28 did the job and i wouldnt mind somthing similar.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Rookie

take a look at this page and you"ll see a number of quality engines. look at the rb engines and the os engines. those are tops in my book.

http://http://www.amainhobbies.com/i.../cPath/1_23_31
Old 04-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RACE MAN
well prolly around 300 or so maybe a lil less,

i must say that .28 did the job and i wouldnt mind somthing similar.
Ok that is a very good range. As for the .28 you won't know what you have been missng until you run a good race .21. Much better milage, all the power, and a smoother/more usable powerband. If I were you I would look seriously at the mugen JX ninja made by OS. It will run ya over $300 just for the engine though. Another good bet would be a v-spec. Or if you want to cut it cheaper, the Novarossi limited edition N21b is a great lil' engine. You could have the nova and the pipe for it for $200 or so. Run the nova with a dynamite 086. And the v-spec or ninja with a JP-3, Losi RE11, AE 2035 or If you can swing it the OS 2060.

http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...dproduct=11957
http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...idproduct=3240
http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...?idproduct=727

Most of the pipes are on this list
http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...idcategory=329

Discounts
$50.00 - 449.99
10%
RCAPR910

$450.00 +
5%
RCAPR995
Old 04-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanx guys ima look into those and what not,

if anyone else has any recomendations im open to any and all imput =],

btw thank you for your imput jammin i think i just may go with the nova but idk yet =P

Last edited by RACE MAN; 04-13-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

i was just now wondering if anyone out there had a jammin x1-crt and got the new x2? big time difference's? can i get some opinions?
Old 04-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RACE MAN
i was just now wondering if anyone out there had a jammin x1-crt and got the new x2? big time difference's? can i get some opinions?
There are definately big differences. I used to run a x1 jammin. Thing was a complete boat until I put a BCE SG conversion onto it. Still wasn't up to date with the newar truggies though. I know the X2 took what BCE did a step further(atleast than my pj2r, not sure about the pjx). IMO the losi T 2.0 is the truggy to beat right now.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
There are definately big differences. I used to run a x1 jammin. Thing was a complete boat until I put a BCE SG conversion onto it. Still wasn't up to date with the newar truggies though. I know the X2 took what BCE did a step further(atleast than my pj2r, not sure about the pjx). IMO the losi T 2.0 is the truggy to beat right now.
oh ya hmm i geuss ill have to keep that in mind,

here befor to long im gonna pick another truggy up but it will be a few months more then likly lol im not rollin with cash so ya lol,

idk i find my jammin to be pretty agile and handle well with decent power ive won my share of races with it thats for sure but i always gotta keep my eye out for the next thing to beat or well whats gonna beat me
Old 04-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Race Man,

As your engine gains hours, all of the tolerances loosen up; I'm speaking about the rod & pins. As they wear on each other the head clearance gradually increases a few .000". This changes sleeve port timings, compression ratio & also has an effect on engine temp & pipe length. A simple change you can make is switch to a fuel with a higher % nitro and a high oil content (18% like a break-in fuel). The increased clearance from wear will let you pump up the nitro (5%-10%) w/o needing to re-shim. Any looseness in the fit between the P&S will be negated by the extra oil in the fuel.

I think you may be surprised by how much life comes back when a little extra oil & nitro gets pumped through an old engine. It's a simple short term fix for an engine in its last legs & you don't want to dump any money into a rebuild.

Last edited by chunk t; 04-13-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by chunk t
Race Man,

As your engine gains hours, all of the tolerances loosen up; I'm speaking about the rod & pins. As they wear on each other the head clearance gradually increases a few .000". This changes sleeve port timings, compression ratio & also has an effect on engine temp & pipe length. A simple change you can make is switch to a fuel with a higher % nitro and a high oil content (18% like a break-in fuel). The increased clearance from wear will let you pump up the nitro (5%-10%) w/o needing to re-shim. Any looseness in the fit between the P&S will be negated by the extra oil in the fuel.

I think you may be surprised by how much life comes back when a little extra oil & nitro gets pumped through an old engine. It's a simple short term fix for an engine in its last legs & you don't want to dump any money into a rebuild.

thank you thats good info till i get a new engine,

i run 30% through it right now and thats what ive ran for a while.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Another good engine is the Picco P7 EVO. Tons of power and wicked top end match it with an OFNA or Dynamite 053 pipe. You will see great run times and never lack power to clear jumps or get out ran down the straight. even with the pipe it will fall into your budget. If you go RB which is also a great engine you don't need anything more than the S5 but not the S3. A GO 5 is a good choice some don't like them. They claim they are hard to tune I have not had any troubles with them. I am a budget racer as well. Price always comes into play in my decisions. Any of the above mentioned motors will whip anything on the track if your the better driver. Which is always what it comes down to.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I agree with vladconnery, the Picco P7 is awesome You might also look at the Jammin JPX .21 which is basically just a Picco P7 with a different head on it. You can find them around the $200 mark. I run a Dynamite 086 pipe on my Picco in my Jammin CRT, and it has all the power I could ever want
Old 04-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

cool thanx guy i have been looking at all kinds of engines and im not sure just yet but ill be sure and let everyone know once i make up my mind.,

thank you everyone for posting all your imputs were helpful =].

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.