Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 02-27-2009, 04:48 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

why are 1ways so hard to get for this car.

R
Old 02-27-2009, 04:56 PM
jrp
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Setup Question

Rubber Tire Newbie here...

Running pretty much Haynes setup on med bite carpet with Jaco Blues. Car works pretty good, but in a few corners wants to traction roll too easy. Have tried various changes, but really haven't gotten the traction roll out of it. Throw some ideas at me to try.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by jrp

Running pretty much Haynes setup on med bite carpet with Jaco Blues. Car works pretty good, but in a few corners wants to traction roll too easy. Have tried various changes, but really haven't gotten the traction roll out of it. Throw some ideas at me to try.

Thanks in advance.

You could try saucing less of the front tires.

I know his setup is very close to rolling by its self so you may also want to try lowering you D/R till you have enough steering for the sharpest corner and practice trying to be easy with the wheel. If you saw at the wheel to much on rubber tires you'll end up traction rolling alot......
Old 02-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
The 42t reguardless if it is a standard diff pulley or spool pulley has the ridge. If you bought two 42T spool pulleys with no ridge, you have mispackaged 41T pulleys. The 41T has no ridge at all as a regular diff pulley and spool pulley.
Can you believe that S%@T! C'mon Losi... Stop giving your packaging team free JB to drink during working hours! 2 kits both with incorrect or missing parts, BOTH spools with 41 pulleys instesad of 42's!

Time for some offensive e-mails

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
Looks good Dragonfire but not as good as that strawberry tablecloth under your car!
Yes mums tablecloth is great. The camera didn't like my white setup board so this actually worked good. Weights are on as well now minus 10g but have 20g on front bumper and around 90g on left front. Currently on 51/49% f/r. Would have liked more over the front.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

you can run all 41's just need to calculate your gearing differently.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thats why I like mounting my speedo vertically on the left side and far up front.

I've said it before and say it again I have never ever balanced my car on scales.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

i finished assembling the car and got it all wired up and turned it on to make sure all was functioning properly and the front drive shafts are almost locked (i think there made wrong) i havnt even run the car and im already about to sell it!!
Old 02-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickjamminracer
i finished assembling the car and got it all wired up and turned it on to make sure all was functioning properly and the front drive shafts are almost locked (i think there made wrong) i havnt even run the car and im already about to sell it!!
???

Did you trim the heatshrink?
Old 02-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by a_main_attendee
???

Did you trim the heatshrink?
i did that the drive shafts were a hair big so i dremeled them and they work now
Old 02-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

i did that the drive shafts were a hair big so i dremeled them and they work now
That's weird, you have been having some bad luck with that kit man!!
Old 02-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrp

Thanks in advance.
if im right the car has 190 rear and 186 front or there abouts. if you widen the front with 1mm spacers either side it should stop it diving into the corners so much other than that try shorter links or higher roll centres.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Tech Champion

Mine had the edge of the heatshrink catching on the c-hubs but once you rev it once or twice at full lock it wears away real quick and problem is gone. I am looking for heatshrink that is thin so I can wrap over edges a bit in future. I might get off my a$$ and dremel the c-hubs as well some time.

Does anyone run 6 degree or more c-hubs? Interested to hear your thoughts as the lack of response this change normally makes would by nullified by the natural traits of the chassis. More steering I assume?
Old 02-27-2009, 11:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi all. I'm new to electric sedan, and recently purchased a type-R. I must have made a mistake on the front diff assembly because when i turn any of the wheels without all the wheels moving, it loosens the diff to the point it would actually come apart if you kept turning. I un-assembled and re-assembled the diff with no effect. Any quick idea's on what may be causing it?

Thanks for any help.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Hetfield6J
Hi all. I'm new to electric sedan, and recently purchased a type-R. I must have made a mistake on the front diff assembly because when i turn any of the wheels without all the wheels moving, it loosens the diff to the point it would actually come apart if you kept turning. I un-assembled and re-assembled the diff with no effect. Any quick idea's on what may be causing it?

Thanks for any help.
Its most likely you have got something wrong involving the thrust assembly. Check the the section that over the long black bolt and make sure you have got it right. There should be a blue ring cover 1st, then a thrust washer ( grooved side away from bolt head), thrust bearing (gold gage with small diff balls), thrust washer (groove towards bolt head), diff spring (should be silver and not black). If this is not right the bolt will turn and loosen with any diff action and the diff will come apart.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Mine had the edge of the heatshrink catching on the c-hubs but once you rev it once or twice at full lock it wears away real quick and problem is gone. I am looking for heatshrink that is thin so I can wrap over edges a bit in future. I might get off my a$$ and dremel the c-hubs as well some time.

Does anyone run 6 degree or more c-hubs? Interested to hear your thoughts as the lack of response this change normally makes would by nullified by the natural traits of the chassis. More steering I assume?
I'll run 6 degree on a large asphalt track... It has too little on-power steering for carpet though. On carpet i'll run 4 degrees, 2 degrees is a little much, and 0 degrees is damn near undrivable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.